Maximilian Langenfeld by wadesworld
[Today at 09:19:59 PM]

Academic All Americans by Pakuni
[Today at 09:06:28 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU wins Men's LAX Again  (Read 5688 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
MU wins Men's LAX Again
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:01:16 PM »
MU - 10
PC - 9

Way to go guys!

manny31

• Starter
Re: MU wins Men's LAX Again
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
Right on lax bros. I watched most of the game, all except the last 1:44 when my son's computer crapped out(another thread why the whole computer and interweb is just a fad is in order). Nice work by the lax Warriors to beat Denver to get to the finals vs PC. I believe that MU is the only BEast team to defeat Denver, nice distinction there. One question though, does MU get a NCAA tournament bid with the BEast tournament win? That would be sweet and solid progress toward establishing a MU as top 20? program. If that tournament win does get them in the NCAA tournament I sure hope they get their first NCAA tournament win! Ring Out Ahoya!!!

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
Yup, they get an auto bid. They'll find out where they're playing from the selection show tomorrow night. Most likely will be Notre Dame since that would be a bus ride and save the ncaa some money. They usually take geographic stuff into consideration for matchups.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:49:58 PM »
Don't like that match up. MU snuck in the back so I guess I should be happy with that.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
Notre Dame lost to Army today in overtime and is pretty dinged up. Marquette lost to ND in the regular season in OT and lost last year by a goal so they could pull an upset if that is the matchup.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »
Amplo is something else.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 10:13:49 PM »
Amplo is something else.

Agreed.  Building a team from nothing to back to back BE champions in just a few years is incredible.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 10:15:32 AM »
This is a good opportunity to share this again .. high quality story, video on MULax's journey from zero to two BE champs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvaKtP-kUhY

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 12:44:46 PM »
Take that Larry Williams!

MU1988

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 12:56:32 PM »
I just flew back from Boston to Midway and the team was on the flight.  I had a chance to congratulate a few of the boys and they were very gracious.  I couldn't believe how many players and Marquette people there were, which made me realize what a commitment Marquette must have made to launch the program.  There certainly was a lot of Marquette gear coming down the aisle!  Before takeoff, a flight attendant introduced the team as "Big East Men's Lacrosse Champions" which got a big applause.  More impressive was a female flight attendant who, upon landing, announced the team as champions again but this time added that the boys were all very good-looking and extremely polite!  She said they were saying please, thank you, yes sir and yes ma'am during the entire flight.  It was funny and really nice.  Great publicity for Marquette.

These kids represent Marquette very well, and the entire Marquette community should be very proud of them.  Great job!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 02:07:07 PM »
So who wins MU's next national championship?  Amplo, Kieger, Wojo?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »
So who wins MU's next national championship?  Amplo, Kieger, Wojo?

Im not going to pretend to know how lacrosse recruiting works, or if rankings matter but Amplo has seemingly done this with some very low level recruits. If he can get a few studs Id probably say him, only because theres less competition and you only have to win 3 games to win the tourney.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 03:07:56 PM »
I'd have to say amplo. I don't watch LA Crosse but he has had the most success of anyone at marquette and we talk about wojo rebuilding, how about literally building a program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
If women's basketball wasn't so dominated by a few elite teams I would say Kieger has the best shot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »
The lacrosse  brackets will be announced tonight at 9 pm Eastern on ESPNU.

Looking forward to an exciting first round game.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
I just flew back from Boston to Midway and the team was on the flight.  I had a chance to congratulate a few of the boys and they were very gracious.  I couldn't believe how many players and Marquette people there were, which made me realize what a commitment Marquette must have made to launch the program.  There certainly was a lot of Marquette gear coming down the aisle!  Before takeoff, a flight attendant introduced the team as "Big East Men's Lacrosse Champions" which got a big applause.  More impressive was a female flight attendant who, upon landing, announced the team as champions again but this time added that the boys were all very good-looking and extremely polite!  She said they were saying please, thank you, yes sir and yes ma'am during the entire flight.  It was funny and really nice.  Great publicity for Marquette.

These kids represent Marquette very well, and the entire Marquette community should be very proud of them.  Great job!

Great story 88.  Contribute again!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
This is a good opportunity to share this again .. high quality story, video on MULax's journey from zero to two BE champs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvaKtP-kUhY

what a nice story/video!!  i never would have known a thing about MU-lacrosse or the background without seeing here on scoop-beautiful!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »
as i was watching that video, i couldn't not think of duke's previous head coach, john danowski.  as i'm reading the joe amplo bio in gomarquette, i read joe worked under him.  if you read the players from coach john's duke teams describe their love and respect for him(john), it sounds as if they are talking about joe
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
Selection  announced we are playing at Notre Dame.  Should be a great game.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 08:59:58 PM »
Selection  announced we are playing at Notre Dame.  Should be a great game.

Next Sunday at 11 am.  ESPNU.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »
We got this.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »

ND Sucks.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 10:26:55 PM »

ND Sucks.

Solid analysis. Need anybody say more?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »
With regard to the championship, I say it will be in lax. I mean Warriors already made the Sweet 16. With the limited number of top notch D-1 programs and more and more kids playing lax I think it will make a championship attainable to a larger group of teams. Also you don't have to win as many games to be the lax champion. I hope MU lax gets the job done vs ND. Interesting  that the Big Whatever has 4 teams in, that is impressive.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 04:52:22 PM »
Solid analysis. Need anybody say more?

We can let the images speak on this one.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.