'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Morrow to Marquette  (Read 64619 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Morrow to Marquette
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »
Not sure where this is going to leave Hauser at in his Junior year as Morrow left Nebraska because he wanted to play the wing and not the center.

If he wants to play the wing at MU, he'll be of limited use to us.  I'm thinking that PF will be to his liking, though.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »
First we need roster spots.

Don't think this will end up being an issue..just a guess, but i really don't.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
Morrow has to sit a year, right?     But we now have an abundance of Big East bigs.  Guards, please.

Yes,he must sit.  2 years eligibility thereafter.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
This means that what i was told about Hauser is true...he is not coming here. Pair this with Anderson committing to Wisconsin on same day.  Not a coincidence

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
If he wants to play the wing at MU, he'll be of limited use to us.  I'm thinking that PF will be to his liking, though.

If what its true from the article I read, he doesn't want to play in the paint. So hes going to be a stretch 4 if he wants that.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
If what its true from the article I read, he doesn't want to play in the paint. So hes going to be a stretch 4 if he wants that.

Nah. He jumped from a sinking ship. Nothing about his game suggests that he's a stretch 4. He's an old school PF.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 09:07:22 PM »
So if Bailey shows up, and there are no other roster changes, we have only one available for next year.  (Let me go out on a limb and predict a roster change or two.)

Is there a reason to believe that Bailey won't show up?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

Okay...I'm sure PT can do a more thorough breakdown, but he's a 6'7", 235 lb bruising forward who excels at rebounding and blocking shots. He's decently efficient, but the next collegiate three he takes will be his first, so calling him a stretch 4 might be a stretch. He shouldn't have to play the 5, but he'll definitely be playing his share of the 4.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »
Is there a reason to believe that Bailey won't show up?
There is a lot more tougher competition for playing time now than there was when he originally signed.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
This makes me very happy for many reasons.

Welcome Ed!!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:09 PM »
Love it. Welcome Ed

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
Nice get, keep stacking bodies and let the kids decide if they can accept whatever their roles are or move on. Keep getting better.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »
When Joey goes elsewhere, Sam will be cut to free up a spot.

Right now, Wojo can be selective.  I personally lean towards a guard and BPA.  Wojo has no history of oversigning but I wonder if he'll change his line of thinking.  Odds are someone will be unhappy in the next 6-12 months and things work themselves out.  I won't speculate as to who that will be but historically there has been attrition and future attrition should not be surprising.  I'd almost be more surprised if there wasn't attrition.

I am dying to hear Big Daddy gives us an update.  Hopefully he can get online after he's done sweeping Kasten.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
When Joey goes elsewhere, Sam will be cut to free up a spot.

Right now, Wojo can be selective.  I personally lean towards a guard and BPA.  Wojo has no history of oversigning but I wonder if he'll change his line of thinking.  Odds are someone will be unhappy in the next 6-12 months and things work themselves out.  I won't speculate as to who that will be but historically there has been attrition and future attrition should not be surprising.  I'd almost be more surprised if there wasn't attrition.

I am dying to hear Big Daddy gives us an update.  Hopefully he can get online after he's done sweeping Kasten.

Sacar or cheatham probably next ones on the chopping list if I'm being honest. There isn't much left of that class to begin with

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »

Could this be the start of maybe a Chicago Pipeline.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 09:50:01 PM »
Sacar or cheatham probably next ones on the chopping list if I'm being honest. There isn't much left of that class to begin with

I'd have to guess it would be the other way around.  We have a glut of forwards and a limited number of guards.  One of the forwards/centers will be the one to go, probably due to being at the bottom of the depth chart.

Since we haven't seen many of them in action, I have no idea what the depth chart looks like, but if I had to guess it is:

Froling
Morrow
John
Heldt
Eke

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Sacar would have to eat a year of eligibility if he transferred out since he already took a redshirt year at MU. Doubt that happens.

Cheatham? Who knows

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »
This means that what i was told about Hauser is true...he is not coming here. Pair this with Anderson committing to Wisconsin on same day.  Not a coincidence

It's not officially good news for Marquette until Kenosha somehow turns it into good news for the Badgers!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
I'd have to guess it would be the other way around.  We have a glut of forwards and a limited number of guards.  One of the forwards/centers will be the one to go, probably due to being at the bottom of the depth chart.

Since we haven't seen many of them in action, I have no idea what the depth chart looks like, but if I had to guess it is:

Froling
Morrow
John
Heldt
Eke
It would be smart if Eke takes a red shirt this upcoming season. We just need to focus on Joey now

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, Sacar would have to eat a year of eligibility if he transferred out since he already took a redshirt year at MU. Doubt that happens.

Cheatham? Who knows

"legislation going into effect in the 2015-16 school year, an undergrad who has redshirted and transfers before his/her senior season would be granted an extra year of eligibility to allow the athlete to sit out and then play"

I'm not sure if this equates for basketball/football though.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 10:27:12 PM »
Don't think this will end up being an issue..just a guess, but i really don't.

good problem to have...they WILL fix it...QUICKLY
don't...don't don't don't don't

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 10:31:45 PM »
I am liking where the program is going. Keep it up Wojo, Stan and others. #WeAreMarquette!!

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 10:42:51 PM »
"legislation going into effect in the 2015-16 school year, an undergrad who has redshirted and transfers before his/her senior season would be granted an extra year of eligibility to allow the athlete to sit out and then play"

I'm not sure if this equates for basketball/football though.

Ahh interesting. The ins and outs of the "5 year clock" are above my head. I'll defer to the likes of TAMU and other posters who know the specifics.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »
Holy crap this is a huge signing!!!!
Fn wojo can recruit!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »

Sam congratulated him on twitter and Mrs. Hauser liked it.

Sam is clearly transferring to UW as well.

feedback