'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where will Markus finish among MU's all-time scoring leaders?  (Read 4831 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Where will Markus finish among MU's all-time scoring leaders?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 10:13:17 AM »
I think #1 is very possible.  I can't imagine someone at his height and build going pro early.  How many guys at 5'11" go pro early?  And if he's listed at 5'11", he's probably more like 5'9".  He looks small out there

If he shoots 60%+ from 3 this year he's gone IMHO

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »
He does not have to be good enough to make the pros. He just needs to think he is good enough. Given he left high school a year early, I could see him leaving college early. He obviously believes in himself enough to step up to higher competition ahead of schedule.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »
He does not have to be good enough to make the pros. He just needs to think he is good enough.

Fortunately, Marcus is exponentially smarter than certain other former MU players who made the decision to leave early.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »
Fortunately, Marcus is exponentially smarter than certain other former MU players who made the decision to leave early.

Hopefully he is smart enough to spell his name correctly.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »

Hopefully he is smart enough to spell his name correctly.

Actually, I am the one who is spelling it correctly.   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
He does not have to be good enough to make the pros. He just needs to think he is good enough. Given he left high school a year early, I could see him leaving college early. He obviously believes in himself enough to step up to higher competition ahead of schedule.

This.

Great athletes have a lot of confidence. They also surround themselves with yes-men (and yes-women) who tell them how wonderful they are.

As for the OP ...

It is highly unlikely that he makes more than half of his treys again, but it's certainly not impossible. Teams that make him the focal point of their defense can stop him, so it will be interesting to see how opposing coaches play him.

If he stays three more seasons, stays healthy and doesn't get Haanied, he should get into the top-5. But him averaging 17-18 ppg for that 2018-19 team, with all the other options out there - including Grimes, of course! - will not be easy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback