[Today at 12:08:31 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CBS Sports Rips The Bears Draft  (Read 1956 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
CBS Sports Rips The Bears Draft
« on: April 29, 2017, 06:49:56 PM »
Ryan Pace's career as a GM is now all about Trubisky.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

RD   PICK Grade
1   2       D   
Mitchell Trubisky | QB, North Carolina
Height: 6-3   Weight: 220
Why give up so much to get this guy? It makes no sense. Is he Tom Brady all of the sudden? Bad move.

2   45       C-
Adam Shaheen | TE, Ashland
Height: 6-5   Weight: 277
They are a team that needs weapons, and this kid is a player the scouts really liked. But they had other pressing needs.

4   112     C+
Eddie Jackson | SS, Alabama
Height: 6-0   Weight: 201
A four-year starter with the ability to develop into a single high safety with return ability. Has durability concerns after tearing his ACL in 2015 and fracturing his leg in 2016.

4   119     D+
Tarik Cohen | RB, North Carolina A&T
Height: 5-6   Weight: 179
Tiny at 5-foot-6 and 179 pounds, Cohen is a scatback type of runner who can help as a returner right away. Could maybe be used sparingly as a Darren Sproles-like change-of-pace runner. A little early for him.

5   147      B+
Jordan Morgan | OG, Kutztown
Height: 6-3   Weight: 313
Four-year starter who dominated at Division II school and will need to adjust to NFL level competition, but has potential to develop into starter.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: CBS Sports Rips The Bears Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »
The last Bears pro-bowl QB was Jim McMahon 30 years ago.  So, in theory, the Bears taking the first QB at #2 should have been a point of celebration in Chicago.  Instead, Bears fans are up-in-arms about this pick and they booed him yesterday at the Bulls game.

Mitchell Trubisky booed at United Center during Bulls-Celtics game
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19268790/mitchell-trubisky-chicago-bears-booed-chicago-bulls-fans-nba-playoff-game-united-center

Could anyone have ever imagined Bears fans booing a QB at 2?  It's about the three picks they gave up to move one spot, two threes and 4, which, in theory, should be starters.  Three new starters are exactly what a 3 - 13 team needs.  It about way over paying for Glennon to be the QB two months ago.  They managed to make people long for Jay Cutler!!!

My sense from talking about the bears with fans is they are beyond disgusted.  So unless Trubisky is a pleasant surprise or this team outperforms, it's going to be a rough year. 

Restated, if Glennon is uninspiring, Trublisky cannot get on the field, and they start 1 - 4, we might see 50% of the seats empty by late October.

Do you think I'm overstating how bad it is for the Bears?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
You're overstating it by creating another thread, not the content.

Jackass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »

Jackass.

It's what he does.  Heise can't go into the 2 other existing football threads that have been discussing the draft because he didn't start those threads, and thus doesn't get credit for the clicks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »
Ryan Pace's career as a GM is now all about Trubisky.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/drafttracker

RD   PICK Grade
1   2       D   
Mitchell Trubisky | QB, North Carolina
Height: 6-3   Weight: 220
Why give up so much to get this guy? It makes no sense. Is he Tom Brady all of the sudden? Bad move.

2   45       C-
Adam Shaheen | TE, Ashland
Height: 6-5   Weight: 277
They are a team that needs weapons, and this kid is a player the scouts really liked. But they had other pressing needs.

4   112     C+
Eddie Jackson | SS, Alabama
Height: 6-0   Weight: 201
A four-year starter with the ability to develop into a single high safety with return ability. Has durability concerns after tearing his ACL in 2015 and fracturing his leg in 2016.

4   119     D+
Tarik Cohen | RB, North Carolina A&T
Height: 5-6   Weight: 179
Tiny at 5-foot-6 and 179 pounds, Cohen is a scatback type of runner who can help as a returner right away. Could maybe be used sparingly as a Darren Sproles-like change-of-pace runner. A little early for him.

5   147      B+
Jordan Morgan | OG, Kutztown
Height: 6-3   Weight: 313
Four-year starter who dominated at Division II school and will need to adjust to NFL level competition, but has potential to develop into starter.
Trubisky is going to make the Bear fans forget about Sid Luckman.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »

Jackass.

Wow, this really bothers you.

Time to reevaluate

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:11:13 AM »
there must have been quite a few teams knocking down glennon's door to sign.  after all, qb's with an 84.6 rating with a 59% completion rate don't grow on trees ya know  ?-(

3 years @ $45 M ???  the kapster would have signed for half that, cut his hair and sing the national anthem
don't...don't don't don't don't

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 06:25:36 AM »
Bears season ticket (and die-hard Packers fan. I know, makes no sense) holder here. All I can say is, "yuck."

They need defense more than I need a way-back machine to take 20 years off my age. Their defense is porous on a good day and barely puts up a fight on a bad one. There is nothing coming that will fix the defense this year. I'm also not convinced the offensive line is there yet and the receiving core is something that not even Aaron Rodgers could make look good.

I suspect the best they could hope for would be probably two more wins than they had in 2016. That's not going to put butts in seats at Soldier Field. If anything, with this year's price increase, last year's deplorable team and the prospect for more disgust this year will make Soldier Field seem intimate (it's not!).

Yes, by the way, I renewed. But in a sign of how bad things are getting for the Bears, I was near the top of the west grandstand at the 50 yard line (trust me, a coronary in the making). Now, after re-seating, I'm halfway up the grandstand, still close to the 50. The Bears told me when they opened Soldier Field this would never happen. They also never expected 30,000 no-shows to a Packers game either.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
CBS Sports Rips the Bears Draft......     Who hasn't?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 10:18:30 AM »
Bears season ticket (and die-hard Packers fan. I know, makes no sense) holder here. [...]

Wait... why?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »
Bears season ticket (and die-hard Packers fan. I know, makes no sense) holder here. All I can say is, "yuck."

They need defense more than I need a way-back machine to take 20 years off my age. Their defense is porous on a good day and barely puts up a fight on a bad one. There is nothing coming that will fix the defense this year. I'm also not convinced the offensive line is there yet and the receiving core is something that not even Aaron Rodgers could make look good.

I suspect the best they could hope for would be probably two more wins than they had in 2016. That's not going to put butts in seats at Soldier Field. If anything, with this year's price increase, last year's deplorable team and the prospect for more disgust this year will make Soldier Field seem intimate (it's not!).

Yes, by the way, I renewed. But in a sign of how bad things are getting for the Bears, I was near the top of the west grandstand at the 50 yard line (trust me, a coronary in the making). Now, after re-seating, I'm halfway up the grandstand, still close to the 50. The Bears told me when they opened Soldier Field this would never happen. They also never expected 30,000 no-shows to a Packers game either.

if you are at a bears game and the packers are playing at the same time, how does a "die-hard packer fan" follow their die hard team?  even if the packers weren't playing at the same time, i could think of, oh...about 100 other things to do than to drive, park, walk to soldier field and pay for it? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »
Probably cheaper to pay for entire season tickets to Bears games than it is to go to a single Packers game at Lambeau, hey?  So you get your Packers-Bears game and 7 other NFL games on top of it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »
Probably cheaper to pay for entire season tickets to Bears games than it is to go to a single Packers game at Lambeau, hey?  So you get your Packers-Bears game and 7 other NFL games on top of it.

Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 04:42:39 PM »
Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner!

that crossed my mind but i couldn't imagine that with 50 yard line seats(and parking)good play!
    lambeau south, eyn'er?

feedback