[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander D League MVP  (Read 13039 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Vander D League MVP
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
I never have had a problem with Vander.   I think he made a mistake declaring early, but it is his mistake.    And we have all made them.  As far as misdeeds at MU, I am satisfied with the investigations and outcomes for his misdeeds.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »
Hell other members of the basketball team did much worse and were allowed to continue.

Yep, yet aspirsions from this were sent his way...by the Kohl Hole Mafia

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 07:08:07 PM »
Yep, yet aspirsions from this were sent his way...by the Kohl Hole Mafia

And Vander had the last laugh in the end.  Twice.

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »
Bulls could use Vander Blue. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 09:42:48 PM »
Unforgettable moments in an MU uniform. Vander is one of the good ones.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »
Not sure he really gave foreign ball a fair shot.  Since leaving MU, he has played a grand total of 8 games overseas (7 in Israel, 1 in China).  I hope he gets his shot in the NBA...but if it doesn't happen soon and he doesn't head overseas, he's going to wish he had his degree.  Vacations last longer than his overseas stints.

Got cut from the team in Israel because they slipped out of playoff contention. Owners then cut the higher priced players.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »
Is this a possibility for Vander?  Looks like the USA Basketball roster for World Cup qualifying will be made up of D-League players instead of NBA guys.  As the reigning MVP and without NBA offers coming, this could be a great opportunity for Vander to show his skills on the world stage.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19293500/usa-basketball-use-nba-development-league-players-qualify-2019-fiba-world-cup

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 02:11:45 AM »
I have clicked on 10 threads with titles I thought would be interesting to see what everyone thought about and not one of them actually brought up anything remotely concerning what the thread topic indicated.

It was a lot of random off the wall personal ramblings [except the 'predicted rotations for 2018 thread,] that had absolutely nothing to do with basketball.

Until I clicked on this thread about Vander ....and all of sudden EVERYONE FINALLY FOCUSES in on this guy! LOL. So predictable...lol

It's unreal. Not one silly off the wall rant or misdirected rumblings. Good job. Now finally a thread to discuss something pertinent. I am usually not this critical but I thought you all would be on the top of your games by the time I got back...

The Ed Marrow thread had NOTHING relevant to post on the young man! Can he rebound? Is he is a 'Big?' Can he score...

I read or glanced at about 5-7 threads and none of you said ANYTHINg about him...I guess I have to find stuff on my own. My fault....carry on with this madness. I won't interrupt this again. I thought this was a great board... 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 02:18:04 AM »
Is this a possibility for Vander?  Looks like the USA Basketball roster for World Cup qualifying will be made up of D-League players instead of NBA guys.  As the reigning MVP and without NBA offers coming, this could be a great opportunity for Vander to show his skills on the world stage.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19293500/usa-basketball-use-nba-development-league-players-qualify-2019-fiba-world-cup
GREAT POST!

Yes this might be good for him. I have no idea what is keeping this young man from the NBA. I see loads of guys who have been called p that he is better than...

It has to be something he needs to have someone who is honest with him let him know before his time runs out...

In fact, I have no idea why the Lakers did not call him up. If I was the Bucks, I like him over Gary Payton II... I am hoping he gets his opportunity and that any concerns are unjustified.

He says all the right things and does all the right things in games at least...I hope he is disciplined off the court and listening to correction and coaching...and some direction and is not too impulsive and stubborn and over zealous. I want to see a Milwaukee/Madison/MU kid like him succeed. I know he is a warrior of a player.

Lets get it, Vander! It's time.... 

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 02:19:24 AM »
....Agreed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »
Lol
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »
I have clicked on 10 threads with titles I thought would be interesting to see what everyone thought about and not one of them actually brought up anything remotely concerning what the thread topic indicated.

It was a lot of random off the wall personal ramblings [except the 'predicted rotations for 2018 thread,] that had absolutely nothing to do with basketball.

Until I clicked on this thread about Vander ....and all of sudden EVERYONE FINALLY FOCUSES in on this guy! LOL. So predictable...lol

It's unreal. Not one silly off the wall rant or misdirected rumblings. Good job. Now finally a thread to discuss something pertinent. I am usually not this critical but I thought you all would be on the top of your games by the time I got back...

The Ed Marrow thread had NOTHING relevant to post on the young man! Can he rebound? Is he is a 'Big?' Can he score...

I read or glanced at about 5-7 threads and none of you said ANYTHINg about him...I guess I have to find stuff on my own. My fault....carry on with this madness. I won't interrupt this again. I thought this was a great board...
You're angry that no threads are staying on topic and full rants/ramblings so you post a rambling rant on each one that doesn't have to do with the topic?  Sound logic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »
GREAT POST!

Yes this might be good for him. I have no idea what is keeping this young man from the NBA. I see loads of guys who have been called p that he is better than...

It has to be something he needs to have someone who is honest with him let him know before his time runs out...

In fact, I have no idea why the Lakers did not call him up. If I was the Bucks, I like him over Gary Payton II... I am hoping he gets his opportunity and that any concerns are unjustified.

He says all the right things and does all the right things in games at least...I hope he is disciplined off the court and listening to correction and coaching...and some direction and is not too impulsive and stubborn and over zealous. I want to see a Milwaukee/Madison/MU kid like him succeed. I know he is a warrior of a player.

Lets get it, Vander! It's time.... 

What D-League MVPs have had substantial NBA careers?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »
What D-League MVPs have had substantial NBA careers?

Marcus Fizer
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »

For what?

They already have enough marginal players.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 08:02:22 AM »
Marcus Fizer

He played 3 more NBA games in his career after winning that award.

Unrelated but IIRC, the Bulls thought they were drafting Fizer at #4 to trade to Portland in a deal for Jermaine O'Neal.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:05:10 AM by MerrittsMustache »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »
He played 3 more NBA games in his career after winning that award.

Unrelated but IIRC, the Bulls thought they were drafting Fizer at #4 to trade to Portland in a deal for Jermaine O'Neal.

*Sigh* Bears and Bulls management are just a mess. Anyone remember trading Lemarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas? Or Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler, and then trading Tyson Chandler for J.R. Smith to keep Eddie Curry, and then trading J.R. Smith before he even played a game for Howard Eisley and two second round picks which turned into Aaron Gray and JamesOn Curry?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:17:48 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

feedback