Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OMG!!!!  (Read 5031 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
OMG!!!!
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:51:41 PM »
Has Wojo finally started to listen to me?  Or perhaps he's listening to Stan Johnson who is the only brain on his staff and will eventually end up as MU's next head coach if the MU establishment had any sense (unfortunately I don't think they do nor have they've shown to be proactive). 

After destroying the program his first three years with horrible recruiting classes, terrible player personnel decisions, ridiculous strategy and in-game coaching Wojo has finally put together a recruiting class full of "Marquette Players". 

"Marquette Players" are defined as players with not ideal measurements (i.e.: a 2 guard who is not the ideal 6'5/6'6 but rather 6'2 or 6'3) or have perfect form on their jump shot but have good touch, a very high scoring average in high school, very athletic, tough and hungry.  "Marquette Players" have a very high ceiling, end up staying 2 to 4 years and play with a chip on their shoulder and leave with a resume full of annual NCAA appearances. 

Jamal Cain will be a great player (could be a better college player than Jimmy Butler who had similar physical  measurements.....of course Jimmy made his biggest strides as a player after he left MU and actually got much better in the NBA).
Greg Elliot will be a great player (reminds me of Jerel McNeal).
Ike Eke will be a great player (reminds me of Amal McCaskill....he's way more talented than Ousmane Barro).
Theo John will be a good player....I actually think he has the most limited upside of the group but is the most  physically ready to contribute on day one with defense and rebounds.
Harry Froling I like as well.....like his combination of size and ability to score from both inside and outside. 

All of them will help us next year and will improve greatly year after year as their athletic ability gives them much more upside than Wojo's past recruiting class "gems" where the "experts" were telling us Matt Heldt is a top 100 recruit yet Ike Eke isn't in the top 300??????

Hopefully the days of west coast 5th year chuckers with male pattern baldness or more tattoos than Vanilla Ice are over too. 

The bad news is Wojo still won't put out a great product even with this great class in tandem with last year's ballers Markus Howard and Sam Hauser.  We can't count on more late season "gifts" of depleted Xavier and Creighton teams laying down for us to help us get a higher RPI solely due to these teams early bodies of work before all the key personnel losses.  So look again for us to be a bubble team but at least next year we'll see flashes of talent that will get us excited for the 2018 season if we're smart enough to make a coaching change. 

Hopefully if Stan becomes the man he'll be able to get Joey Hauser who is his brother with several inches and more athleticism.  His Youtube videos remind me of a poor man's Kevin Love.   

Go Marquette!  Be smart and proactive!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:57:56 PM by duanewade »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: OMG!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:53:33 PM »
Stan is that you?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
Has Wojo finally started to listen to me?  Or perhaps he's listening to Stan Johnson who is the only brain on his staff and will eventually end up as MU's next head coach if the MU establishment had any sense (unfortunately I don't think they do nor have they've shown to be proactive). 

After destroying the program his first three years with horrible recruiting classes, terrible player personnel decisions, ridiculous strategy and in-game coaching Wojo has finally put together a recruiting class full of "Marquette Players". 

"Marquette Players" are defined as players with not ideal measurements (i.e.: a 2 guard who is not the ideal 6'5/6'6 but rather 6'2 or 6'3) or have perfect form on their jump shot but have good touch, a very high scoring average in high school, very athletic, tough and hungry.  "Marquette Players" have a very high ceiling, end up staying 2 to 4 years and play with a chip on their shoulder and leave with a resume full of annual NCAA appearances. 

Jamal Cain will be a great player (could be a better college player than Jimmy Butler who had similar physical  measurements.....of course Jimmy made his biggest strides as a player after he left MU and actually got much better in the NBA).
Ike Eke will be a great player (reminds me of Amal McCaskill....he's way more talented than Ousmane Barro).
Theo John will be a good player....I actually think he has the most limited upside of the group but is the most  physically ready to contribute on day one with defense and rebounds.
Harry Froling I like as well.....like his combination of size and ability to score from both inside and outside. 

All of them will help us next year and will improve greatly year after year as their athletic ability gives them much more upside than Wojo's past recruiting class "gems" where the "experts" were telling us Matt Heldt is a top 100 recruit yet Ike Eke isn't in the top 300??????

Hopefully the days of west coast 5th year chuckers with male pattern baldness or more tattoos than Vanilla Ice are over too. 

The bad news is Wojo still won't put out a great product even with this great class in tandem with last year's ballers Markus Howard and Sam Hauser.  We can't count on more late season "gifts" of depleted Xavier and Creighton teams laying down for us to help us get a higher RPI solely due to these teams early bodies of work before all the key personnel losses.  So look again for us to be a bubble team but at least next year we'll see flashes of talent that will get us excited for the 2018 season if we're smart enough to make a coaching change. 

Hopefully if Stan becomes the man he'll be able to get Joey Hauser who is his brother with several inches and more athleticism.  His Youtube videos remind me of a poor man's Kevin Love.   

You realize your defined "ballers" don't fit what you defined as "Marquette players" earlier? So which is it? Do you want what you define as "Marquette players"? Or do you want "ballers" like Sam and Markus?

Otherwise, a really solid post. Doesn't undermine our coaching at all. Hope all the recruits and their parents take a look at this.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
Glad I figured out the ignore option

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:26:47 PM »
Idiot

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »
Derrick Wilson returning to MU to be the DOBO and shooting coach, ai-na?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »
I can't be the only one that gets posters confused.....is duanewade a: pure troll (mayfair), resurrection (CBB/Ners/etc.), fan with a chip (ala Sand vis-a-vis Luke), attention grabber (Heisy/giga/princes bride/etc.), or just a pissy (guru)?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »
I can't be the only one that gets posters confused.....is duanewade a: pure troll (mayfair), resurrection (CBB/Ners/etc.), fan with a chip (ala Sand vis-a-vis Luke), attention grabber (Heisy/giga/princes bride/etc.), or just a pissy (guru)?

He's MUFNY's evil alterego.

As far as the post goes, I LOLed after the first paragraph and decided not to waste anymore of my time.  Based on the responses, looks like I made a good decision.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:22 PM »
I love the Stan Johnson is the secret to our success arguments that have popped up. Wojo haters needed a way to still bash Wojo but also explain the team's recent success. So the myth of Stan Johnson, the secret head coach of Marquette was born.

Don't get me wrong, Stan is a great benefit to our program. Hope he stays for a long time. But Stan would be the first to praise how much Wojo has done for him and the Marquette program.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:39 PM »

Do you live in NYC, you sound familiar.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
Just look at the first two posters in this thread. That says it all.

The only way it could have been worse would be if Willie and Chicas were 3rd and 4th.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »

zzzzzzz
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »

Next time you speak to Wojo please tell him we are keen on MU signing up Kostas younger brother Alexis
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695855-with-unlimited-potential-alex-antetokounmpo-hype-growing-to-freakish-levels

Thanking You in advance. Also please give Stan my best regards.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 11:31:12 PM »
Can you believe this was written by the same guy...

The chronic negative talk on this board is really getting old. Of course half the board never expected this because they are negative about everything...now we are doing well and they are somewhat happy and very surprised yet are still claiming the sky will be falling very soon.

I for one know we'll probably have some losses but love Buzz Williams and love what he has done this far and think great days are ahead of us for both this year and after.

My glass is half full and I'm not conceding any losses until they happen!

Of course, he also wrote this as sarcasm last March, but I guess he wouldn't admit he was wrong...

Next year we might actually win 1 of 3 against mid major Xavier!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:33:29 PM by rocky_warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
Can you believe this was written by the same guy...

Of course, he also wrote this as sarcasm last March, but I guess he wouldn't admit he was wrong...

This has been brought up before. The working theory is that duanewade either had his/her account taken over by a troll somehow. Or duanewade is secretly Buzz Williams.
TAMU

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 12:03:47 AM »
This has been brought up before. The working theory is that duanewade either had his/her account taken over by a troll somehow. Or duanewade is secretly Buzz Williams.

The working theory is that this post is a weak attempt at humor/sarcasm.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 06:50:13 AM »
Couldn't even spell Dwyane's name right.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 07:23:15 AM »
I wonder if he's related to Sybil?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 07:32:01 AM »
The working theory is that this post is a weak attempt at humor/sarcasm.

Weak? C'mon Lenny. That was at least a solid B-. Not the best but better than average!
TAMU

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
Just look at the first two posters in this thread. That says it all.

The only way it could have been worse would be if Willie and Chicas were 3rd and 4th.
I agree with this analysis
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 08:45:51 AM »
Derrick Wilson returning to MU to be the DOBO and shooting coach, ai-na?

Some how I believe that Derrick has learned all the methods of teaching shooting that are out there.  Could be a great "Do as I say, not as I do did" coach.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:48:55 AM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »

Very positive analysis on unproven recruits. Love to hear it. Spoken with your MU blue and gold glasses firmly encsconsed on your head.

I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Very positive analysis on unproven recruits. Love to hear it. Spoken with your MU blue and gold glasses firmly encsconsed on your head.

Birds
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
I like this thread.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback