collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favorite movie line  (Read 15328 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Favorite movie line
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »
"Well, you don't got to be Stonewall Jackson to know you don't want to fight in a basement!"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2017, 05:52:24 AM »
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.   

You can get busy livin, or you can get busy dyin. 

I think that goose stepping morons like yourself should try reading books and not burning them. 

The bi%$# hit me with a toaster.   

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said....... I drank what?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:35:35 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2017, 08:02:14 AM »
During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2017, 08:16:19 AM »
During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Great choice, topper.

My son and I make fun of that scene all the time. It's a classically schmaltzy, utterly ridiculous Rocky scene.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2017, 08:34:53 AM »
I'm sure there are a lot of ways I've gone that you haven't.

a $100 shine for a $3 pair of boots....I don't think I've ever been this happy.

No, but we are willing to learn!

He's only mostly dead.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

"Dogs and Cats living together....MASS HYSTERIA"

"Noonan!"

"Germans?? Forget it. He's rolling"

"This $hit's chess, it ain't checkers"

"I do not call myself subject to much at all"

"Let's build a bridge outta her!"

"My friend here's trying to convince me that any independent contractors who were working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when it was destroyed by the Rebels."

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:54:52 AM by mu03eng »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
”You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.”

”The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

”What we've got here is a failure to communicate.”

”Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!”

”Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!”

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:34 AM »
Great choice, topper.

My son and I make fun of that scene all the time. It's a classically schmaltzy, utterly ridiculous Rocky scene.

You take that back.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »
 Goddammit, I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »
"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

"They're heeeeere!"

"Say hello to my little friend!!"

"Here's Johnny!"

"I am your father."

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

"I am serious ... and don't call me Shirley."

"Shaken, not stirred."

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"E.T. phone home!"

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

"Plastics."

"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »

"I am your father."

To be super accurate the line is: "No...I am your father"  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 09:34:51 AM »
"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy crap we don't need. We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. "

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »
Forgot one I use at work all the time:

"Well look, I already told you; I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »
Kate: I'm going to be 17 tomorrow.
Max: Wow, now you can read Seventeen magazine and get all the references.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
"You want an answer?"

"I think I'm entitled to an answer."

"You want answers?"

"I want the truth."

"You can't handle the truth. Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You use words like honor, code and loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under a blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just say thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:58 AM »
"Major, there are parts of New York even the Wermacht should stay out of..."

"Play it again , Sam..."

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world she walks into mine..."

"We'll always have Paris..."

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2017, 11:04:08 AM »
To be super accurate the line is: "No...I am your father"  ;D

I admittedly and purposely left that out. Don't I at least get credit for not saying the oft-misquoted, "Luke, I am your father"???

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »
"My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I'm putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. Now, y'all might've heard rumors about the armada happening soon. Well, we'll be leaving a little earlier. We're gonna be dropped into France, dressed as civilians. And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Nazis. Now, I don't know about y'all, but I sure as hell didn't come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a unnatural carnal knowledgein' air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every son of a bitch we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. Now, I'm the direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger. That means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?"

"YES, SIR!"

"That's what I like to hear. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally. Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:04:54 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »
I like this thread, but when we have to go online to find long speeches (or even short ones), are they really "favorite movie lines" we remember? I'm guilty of it, too - looked up a few I listed.

Carrying on ...

"Always Be Closing!" - part of Alec Baldwin's incredible 7-minute speech on Glengarry Glen Ross.

Other memorable lines in it (I did check to make sure I got each word-for-word):

"Coffee's for closers!"

"Third prize is you're fired."

"F%#k you, that's my name. ... You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name."

"You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car."

"Nice guy? I don't give a sh1t. Good father? F%#k you! Go home and play with your kids."

"It takes brass balls to sell real estate."

"I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it."

I'm not a Baldwin hater, and in fact like a lot of what he's done, but he never had a better moment on screen and he never will again. The tension during that speech was chilling.

Glengarry Glen Ross was a very good movie that was almost great. It certainly had one of the great casts assembled during that era (and maybe any era).

That Baldwin stole the show from Pacino, Lemon, Spacey, Harris and Arkin says all one needs to know about those 7 minutes!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
I admittedly and purposely left that out. Don't I at least get credit for not saying the oft-misquoted, "Luke, I am your father"???

You do get full credit, though I should respond with my favorite Chris Rock line:

"I ain't never been to jail....whatcha want a cookie???!? Your not suppose to go to jail you low expectation having motha fu$ker"

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »
Another one I forgot:

"Losers whine about their best, winners go home and fu$k the prom queen

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
I like this thread, but when we have to go online to find long speeches (or even short ones), are they really "favorite movie lines" we remember? I'm guilty of it, too - looked up a few I listed.

Carrying on ...

"Always Be Closing!" - part of Alec Baldwin's incredible 7-minute speech on Glengarry Glen Ross.

Other memorable lines in it (I did check to make sure I got each word-for-word):

"Coffee's for closers!"

"Third prize is you're fired."

"F%#k you, that's my name. ... You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name."

"You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car."

"Nice guy? I don't give a sh1t. Good father? F%#k you! Go home and play with your kids."

"It takes brass balls to sell real estate."

"I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it."

I'm not a Baldwin hater, and in fact like a lot of what he's done, but he never had a better moment on screen and he never will again. The tension during that speech was chilling.

Glengarry Glen Ross was a very good movie that was almost great. It certainly had one of the great casts assembled during that era (and maybe any era).

That Baldwin stole the show from Pacino, Lemon, Spacey, Harris and Arkin says all one needs to know about those 7 minutes!

Went and saw 'Boss Baby' over spring break.    The Boss Baby character, voiced by Alec Baldwin, is having a meeting with other babies.    One of the babies wants a cookie.    Boss Baby (voiced by Alec Baldwin)  "Cookies are for closers." 

I came out of my seat laughing.    My 10 year old just looked at me and shook his head. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »
Went and saw 'Boss Baby' over spring break.    The Boss Baby character, voiced by Alec Baldwin, is having a meeting with other babies.    One of the babies wants a cookie.    Boss Baby (voiced by Alec Baldwin)  "Cookies are for closers." 

I came out of my seat laughing.    My 10 year old just looked at me and shook his head.

Great stuff, tower.

Here's another favorite, famous line I just thought of ...

"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
"I'm with the Underhills."

"You see that Bears game last week?"

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about, Lucy, and I want you to shut up."

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback