[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 12073 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Star wars: The Last Jedi
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Trailer dropped today. Discuss

tower912

• All American
Re: Star wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »
Didn't grab me like last time.  Until the last line.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
Boner alert

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 10:02:00 PM »
Meh.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
Not a lot there for me. Best parts are Kylo Ren's shattered helmet and the last line.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 01:26:23 PM »
A teaser trailer is never going to reveal too much.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
granny's trying to maintain
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
So let's re-discuss, new trailer dropped during another excruciating MNF game. Thoughts? Current excitement level?

I will say this, it looks like it will definitely be a departure from an Empire re-make though I certainly think there will be themes repeated (like the walker-snowspeeder clash that's clearly going to happen on sand instead of snow). Overall I'm very excited.

A couple of concerns: I'd like to see Luke at least in part, kick ass again but we may not get there. Also I'm kind of annoyed with all the new vehicles that get created (ala new Gorilla AT-ATs)  like how are they developing all of these new vehicles all the damn time. I loved the lived-in environment of the original trilogy feels like we're getting further and further away from that as we create a whole bunch of vehicles that never show up in the original(Rogue One) and the original stuff doesn't show up in ST.

Discuss
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
It is going to be darker.    I think the crucial line was, and I am paraphrasing, this isn't going to turn out the way you think.    I enjoyed the trailer and am looking forward to the movie, but I just have a feeling that a lot of red herrings were tossed out there and the trailer was edited to make you think in one direction, while the movie goes in a slightly different direction. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 02:29:16 PM »
**Spoiler alert** assuming this theory I have is correct.

Based on only what I've seen in trailers, etc.....I'm starting to think Rey is.......Rey Palpatine
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »
So here’s a wild thought. Carrie Fischer isn’t dead and it’s actually a huge Star Wars reveal that she’ll be in the next one
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:46 PM »
So here’s a wild thought. Carrie Fischer isn’t dead and it’s actually a huge Star Wars reveal that she’ll be in the next one

Or maybe Princess Leia will be entirely CGI from here on out but - thanks to the miracle of genetic engineering - Chewbacca will be played by a living, cross-bred human-labradoodle abomination.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »

Based on only what I've seen in trailers, etc.....I'm starting to think Rey is.......Rey Palpatine

Palpatine didn't have a first name until a few years ago when his name was revealed in a book published by...wait for it...Del REY Books. Coincidence? Probably.

(I'm honestly not sure what I just wrote but someone at work said that today and I just smiled and nodded)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »
Palpatine didn't have a first name until a few years ago when his name was revealed in a book published by...wait for it...Del REY Books. Coincidence? Probably.

(I'm honestly not sure what I just wrote but someone at work said that today and I just smiled and nodded)

I'm believing this. Palpatine v. Skywalker is Star Wars.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »

Plausible theory.

But then why would the Skywalker lightsaber "call" to her?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Plausible theory.

Paging Dr. Phallus... Please report to the humor ward.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 04:01:53 PM »
Plausible theory.

Cause JJ Abrams

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 04:04:38 PM »
Plausible theory.

But in all seriousness, cause she's also Skywalker.

Some sort of literal and figurative merging of the Force - the light and the dark, ending the Jedi and the Sith. It's not the means but the ends that matter.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 04:07:10 PM »

I'll see your theory and and raise you a theory.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »
1.  Definitely going to be a dark movie.
2.  ENG may be onto something with his theory.  I honestly never considered it.  And now I must unlearn it.  Ahhhh!
3.  I had heard the Jar Jar = super bad guy theory before.  That would be a bold play to bring the whole saga to another level.  Or it will completely destroy the franchise.  Yoda worked because he was only a bubbling idiot for a short time before being revealed as the master.  Jar Jar's bit played out way too long.  But it explains why Dooku was such a throwaway character.  I still think there was a huge missed opportunity with Darth Maul not playing a larger role in the prequels but too late to re-write that.
4.  If Jar Jar is Sith, then the rule of 2 is completely contradicted.  Three Sith in both TPM and AotC.  That is a problem.

***Spoiler Alert***  Here's a theory:

I am hoping for force ghosts and lots of them.  We know Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, and Vader at a minimum are force ghosts.  Let's see them play a role.  Do not deny their existence and forget about them.  What, the huge battle of good and evil is still going on and their going to sit this one out?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »

***Spoiler Alert***  Here's a theory:

I am hoping for force ghosts and lots of them.  We know Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, and Vader at a minimum are force ghosts.  Let's see them play a role.  Do not deny their existence and forget about them.  What, the huge battle of good and evil is still going on and their going to sit this one out?

I think there will be force ghosts....one of the things that seems to be popping up in canon of late is that objects can retain a sense of their original force user owner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »
***Spoiler alert***

Keeping on ENG's theory:

Rey is apparently born 11 years after the Battle of Endor.  Presumably, Emprorer Palpatine dies during BoE.  So Rey being a Palpatine would mean either: 1) Some sort of mitochlorian manipulation by a Force ghost or 2) Palpatine survived BoE.

I guess both are possible, given the way Star Wars takes leeway with making up whatever they want to plug plot holes.  But if too much BS happens, the SW saga could devolve into an inconsistent mess.  Tread carefully Disney.

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »
***Spoiler alert***

mitochlorian manipulation

GRRRRRR.   I'm trying so hard to flush the prequels down the memory hole, it's painful to read that word again -- it's like nails on a chalkboard.    George Lucas got lucky with ANH, almost torpedoed ROTJ, and then did his best to murder my childhood with the appalling Episodes 1-3.   If you get the time and haven't seen Mr Plinket's takedown of the prequels, it is must-watch.   I'll link below.   As for the Last Jedi trailer, I dig.   TFA was JJ Abrams repenting for Lucas' sins, so it had to be pretty vanilla.   I still enjoyed it, but have found it doesn't hold up as well on repeated viewings.   The trailer for The Last Jedi looks to take things up a notch -- Kylo extending a hand to a confused Rey, Luke (Mark Hamill) showing some emotion again, opening shot of Kylo overseeing the building of.......something.    Hints of a good John Williams score that seemed to allude to the greatest SW piece ever, The Imperial March.    My nips are hard.   I'm in.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGP62b-2YQ 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 11:40:35 AM »
***Spoiler alert***

Keeping on ENG's theory:

Rey is apparently born 11 years after the Battle of Endor.  Presumably, Emprorer Palpatine dies during BoE.  So Rey being a Palpatine would mean either: 1) Some sort of mitochlorian manipulation by a Force ghost or 2) Palpatine survived BoE.

I guess both are possible, given the way Star Wars takes leeway with making up whatever they want to plug plot holes.  But if too much BS happens, the SW saga could devolve into an inconsistent mess.  Tread carefully Disney.

Remember Anakin was a "virgin" birth, by the force. Who's to say Rey isn't as well?

I don't know the entire SW extended universe, but Palpatine may have survived. I do know that Darth Maul survives in the EU.

feedback