[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SENIORS  (Read 4325 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: SENIORS
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
What two players are leaving to make that happen?  I get that players transfer all the time, but as I look up & down the current roster, I don’t see any obvious transfer candidates (and don’t really want any...I like our current guys), whereas in other years it was much easier to pick out some likely possibilities.
At this point in the season Idk, but I am certain that there will be one, if not two. IMO, Wojo is a PG away from having a team that he constructed which could be VERY good. If Wojo can get a Pg that he wants, he will do it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 08:43:49 AM »
You understand that all 13 scholarships are taken for '18-'19, yes?  Now if one slot opens up I agree that adding a PG is a good idea.  Otherwise next year is Markus and Elliott with maybe a little Haani.
Of course I understand that. Did/Do we have room for QG or Ramey? And I think that our PG next year will not be a combination of MH, GE, and HC. Wojo has too much on the line. Things shake out, and a grad transfer PG is top priority.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Of course I understand that. Did/Do we have room for QG or Ramey? And I think that our PG next year will not be a combination of MH, GE, and HC. Wojo has too much on the line. Things shake out, and a grad transfer PG is top priority.

Respectfully, Wojo is NOT cutting someone to bring in a grad transfer PG.  If someone leaves of their own volition, that's a different thing.  The reason he was prepared to do that for Grimes was because that particular player was a 'program changer'.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2017, 08:55:57 AM »
Respectfully, Wojo is NOT cutting someone to bring in a grad transfer PG.  If someone leaves of their own volition, that's a different thing.  The reason he was prepared to do that for Grimes was because that particular player was a 'program changer'.
Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m not saying Wojo is ‘cutting’ anyone. Someone maybe ‘leaving’ the program.
Someone maybe ‘looking’ for a new opportunity.
Someone may think it’s a good idea to ‘test the waters’.
So if Wojo was getting a program changer, would it not be true that someone was getting cut?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:11 AM »
Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. I’m not saying Wojo is ‘cutting’ anyone. Someone maybe ‘leaving’ the program.
Someone maybe ‘looking’ for a new opportunity.
Someone may think it’s a good idea to ‘test the waters’.
So if Wojo was getting a program changer, would it not be true that someone was getting cut?

Agreed.  I'd personally be surprised if ALL 13 show up next summer and we agree that the first priority would be a PG.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »
Have a good one Glow—appreciate what you bring to the table.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2017, 05:54:27 PM »
Rowsey has grown from being "the little guy who can shoot" to "the little guy who can shoot and play some emergency PG" to the clear leader of this team, they guy who wants the ball in any situation, and the guy who's ready to be a stud whenever necessary. 

That's why I like seniors.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

feedback