[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices  (Read 18936 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
New stadium & Marquette ticket prices
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Heard from a friend of mine who is a Bucks season ticket holder that they're being asked to pay 3x as much for the same seats at the new arena. Wonder if MU will have anything remotely similar. Can't imagine who's willing to pay 3 times what they're paying now. Maybe double if the team is looking really good. Maybe.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »
Prices no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Heard from a friend of mine who is a Bucks season ticket holder that they're being asked to pay 3x as much for the same seats at the new arena. Wonder if MU will have anything remotely similar. Can't imagine who's willing to pay 3 times what they're paying now. Maybe double if the team is looking really good. Maybe.

My guess is that is for lower level or courtside seats. Pretty standard at most arenas.

I don't even know how much they are now. Last time I sat the row behind Mr Kohl, they ran about $95.00. I sure they are much more now.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
This map now has all the season ticket prices in for the Bucks- http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html

MU's will increase, as their rent is going to skyrocket.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
This map now has all the season ticket prices in for the Bucks- http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html

MU's will increase, as their rent is going to skyrocket.

Are those prices 3 x as much as they were before for the Bucks?  I've never looked at their season ticket prices relative to MU (big difference obviously)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Are those prices 3 x as much as they were before for the Bucks?  I've never looked at their season ticket prices relative to MU (big difference obviously)

Honestly it's hard to say, given how different the seating bowl will be from the BC. Far less seats in the upper bowl.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
Not true. Have season tickets for my work and the price increase is no where near as dramatic as being described by your friend, in fact for an nba arena, they are relatively affordable. Side court near the back of the lower bowl was around 80 or 90 a ticket if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:13:33 PM by Smokin' Jae »

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
Sorry, posted this twice.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:14:07 PM by Smokin' Jae »

GOO

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Client told me his Bucks season tickets went up $10 per game per seat.  Now, I don't know what he was paying, but  $420 per season ticket  increase doesn't seem like too much to me.  If MU did the same, it would be $180 per season ticket increase.  Again, not too much for most of us, but that is the cost of negotiating with the Bucks new owners.

Now, if you are in tickets that cost $100 for a season, then yes, that is a lot.  But for most in the lower bowl, that is within reason.

I do suppose that there will a larger increase for the first 10 rows or so center court.   

And, if your tickets are some great bargain plan, then I could see a 3x increase if they get rid of the bargain plans.  And getting rid of the bargain plans going into the new arena should be considered and would seem to be a good business decision.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:51:04 PM by GOO »

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »
I have season tickets for both, and my Bucks tickets, behind the basket 12 rows up, went up about $1000 a ticket per season.  Everyone knew the price was going up, it's actually less than I was expecting.  My MU tickets are much better, and am expecting a dramatic jump in those.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Company Bucks tickets went up less than $15/game. Row CCC equivalent in new arena.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »
There will be a ticket price increase but it won't be steep. Marquette has been losing ticket holders each year. I don't think raising prices will help alleviate that

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:01 AM »
What Rowsey said. Sure we'll see a bump.  But tickets aren't going up anything like double because the market would never support it. Remember also that the Buck's are benefiting from building a playoff team.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
Marquette will have the normal two year jump in price. Sure, the first couple of rows will go up a lot. No way, MU can skyrocket the ticket cost. That was the word I got. 

Coppin State on a Tuesday is still Coppin State in the new arena.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Marquette will have the normal two year jump in price. Sure, the first couple of rows will go up a lot. No way, MU can skyrocket the ticket cost. That was the word I got. 

Coppin State on a Tuesday is still Coppin State in the new arena.

Yeah but now it's Coppin state with seat CUP HOLDERS!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
What Rowsey said. Sure we'll see a bump.  But tickets aren't going up anything like double because the market would never support it. Remember also that the Buck's are benefiting from building a playoff team.

If only MU also had an Antetokounmpo on the roster!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »
My guess is that is for lower level or courtside seats. Pretty standard at most arenas.

I don't even know how much they are now. Last time I sat the row behind Mr Kohl, they ran about $95.00. I sure they are much more now.

I was lucky enough to have someone offer me the courtside seats with open bar included for one game. $471 per ticket. Unreal.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
I was lucky enough to have someone offer me the courtside seats with open bar included for one game. $471 per ticket. Unreal.

$471 worth of drinks?  Doable.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »

CUPPIN State?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »

Those get up $995+ for better games.  Anything sub $500 is a deal, relatively speaking.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 10:08:29 AM »
When we again become one of the elites of college basketball, maybe prices can skyrocket.

I also imagine that moving into a new arena will have a novelty value and allow MU to increase ticket prices more than they normally would.

But a severe jump without Wojo getting us into the Top 5 or 10 teams in the nation would be extremely counterproductive.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Those get up $995+ for better games.  Anything sub $500 is a deal, relatively speaking.

This was a Friday night vs. the Lakers. I know the Lakers have been down but I figured those other factors would mean it was close to the top of the price range.

But I guess other ticket prices are doubled when Cleveland or Golden State visits....so why wouldn't the first row be as well? Makes sense.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
If only MU also had an Antetokounmpo on the roster!
Yep, not going after Kostas was a mistake
Goal is National Championship

GOO

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »

Are Cup Holders 100% confirmed as in #DoneDeal?  This is a #BigDeal if so...

If so, that is worth $5.00+ extra per game for me.  I can stand and clap and set my beer down/pick it up....  No more sticking it under the seat, or holding it.  This also means more leg room due to the cup holders to allow ingress/egress. 

If it's $75 for 2 extra inches of leg room on a plane ride, maybe $5 for cup holders and more leg room is way underselling the value at $5.00 or so...?

If the new arena actually allows one to use the facilities, get in line at half and get a drink and get back to the seats in time for the second half tip, and place a beer in a glorious Cup Holder, that may just be priceless   ;D

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
How seating shakes out for MU with the new arena will be interesting ..

Currently, season ticket holders mostly fill the lower bowl, making it a scarce commodity, versus the upper bowl.

The new arena will have +2500 more lower bowl seats.  Who will take them?  Will upper-bowl STHs move down?  Some will, some won't, as the move is quite costly.

It's quite possible that MU will have 2000+ lower bowl tickets to sell on game day.  Lower bowl seats will no longer be scarce.  --  The scarcity that pumped up season ticket numbers .. will be gone as now anyone can put together their own mini-plan, and sit downstairs and never give a second thought to the Tuesday game versus Marathon Oil.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:02 PM »
How seating shakes out for MU with the new arena will be interesting ..

Currently, season ticket holders mostly fill the lower bowl, making it a scarce commodity, versus the upper bowl.

The new arena will have +2500 more lower bowl seats.  Who will take them?  Will upper-bowl STHs move down?  Some will, some won't, as the move is quite costly.

It's quite possible that MU will have 2000+ lower bowl tickets to sell on game day.  Lower bowl seats will no longer be scarce.  --  The scarcity that pumped up season ticket numbers .. will be gone as now anyone can put together their own mini-plan, and sit downstairs and never give a second thought to the Tuesday game versus Marathon Oil.

That is an excellent point.  Chick and I will be an interesting test case.  Right now we have among the very best seats in the upper bowl.  I'd argue that our seats are better than many in the lower bowl but don't have that cache.  They also don't have that price point.  It'll be an interesting decision for us. 

And you're right.  With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »

With this re-seating every year crap, these questions will be revisited every June.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »
On the plus side, some of y'all will have an additional excuse to give the student donation solicitors when they call.

You can alternate "I'm still paying off my student loans" with "I am still paying for my basketball season tickets."
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:29 PM »
That is an excellent point.  Chick and I will be an interesting test case.  Right now we have among the very best seats in the upper bowl.  I'd argue that our seats are better than many in the lower bowl but don't have that cache.  They also don't have that price point.  It'll be an interesting decision for us. 

And you're right.  With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
I'm in the 2nd row in the upper deck, aisle seat. Much better than a corner or behind the basket in the lower bowl at the Bradley Center. Decision will also be interesting, but I think, we will be in the lower bowl in the new arena.

With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
They might, but folks might be paying top cost, as season or mini plans are cheaper per game, than buying single game tickets in most cases.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
I'm in the 2nd row in the upper deck, aisle seat. Much better than a corner or behind the basket in the lower bowl at the Bradley Center. Decision will also be interesting, but I think, we will be in the lower bowl in the new arena.

With ample lower bowl excess capacity will folks simply purchase a half dozen games instead?
They might, but folks might be paying top cost, as season or mini plans are cheaper per game, than buying single game tickets in most cases.

Disagreed.  Besides from the middle couple sections, the corner in the BC is the best seat available.  If you're sitting on the "sideline" but closer to the baseline at the BC your seats are looking straight ahead and you have to crank your neck the entire game to watch the action.  In the corner you look straight ahead and see all the action without being blocked by the basket.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:20:20 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 03:02:53 PM »

I'd also wonder if front-row uppers in the BC are closer to the action than front-row uppers in the BC2.  Suddenly your seats might be worse, for a higher price. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
Are Cup Holders 100% confirmed as in #DoneDeal?  This is a #BigDeal if so...

If so, that is worth $5.00+ extra per game for me.  I can stand and clap and set my beer down/pick it up....  No more sticking it under the seat, or holding it.  This also means more leg room due to the cup holders to allow ingress/egress. 

If it's $75 for 2 extra inches of leg room on a plane ride, maybe $5 for cup holders and more leg room is way underselling the value at $5.00 or so...?

If the new arena actually allows one to use the facilities, get in line at half and get a drink and get back to the seats in time for the second half tip, and place a beer in a glorious Cup Holder, that may just be priceless   ;D

Nah, I get free water on the plane, I gotta pay 6 dollars at the arena.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »
I'd also wonder if front-row uppers in the BC are closer to the action than front-row uppers in the BC2.  Suddenly your seats might be worse, for a higher price.

It should appease the snobs who currently refuse to sit in the upper bowl.

I am fine with it, though. Keeps the price lower for me.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

Same with me. My brother and I have had upper row A tickets for 9 years now. We've shifted around the sections a bit to see which is the best but we decided that both center court/lowers and not being in Row A are not worth the price increase. Row A is YUGE. Getting rid of it would be the worst trade deal ever.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
On the plus side, some of y'all will have an additional excuse to give the student donation solicitors when they call.

You can alternate "I'm still paying off my student loans" with "I am still paying for my basketball season tickets."

Mines just a Click as soon as they ask. I gave enough when I was there.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »
Disagreed.  Besides from the middle couple sections, the corner in the BC is the best seat available.  If you're sitting along the baseline at the BC your seats are looking straight ahead and you have to crank your neck the entire game to watch the action.  In the corner you look straight ahead and see all the action without being blocked by the basket.

Is true. Doubley so if you get one of the 4 Seat corners with 2 seats being Obstructed. Basically a private balcony.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.  I sat upstairs a few dozen times over the years .. the amount of energy and excitement is a fraction of what I experience downstairs.   

If you get enough jollies up there, more power to you.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 05:34:28 PM »
No way. One stadium is built exclusively for basketball sight lines. The other was built for hockey where distant corners are better to see the puck in the corners.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
No way. One stadium is built exclusively for basketball sight lines. The other was built for hockey where distant corners are better to see the puck in the corners.

By looking at the picture .. I disagree:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/160316-Arena-Rendering-08.jpg

The lower bowl has about 15 more rows .. then there's not one but two rings of suite/boxes .. THEN there's the upper deck.   

No doubt, the picture shows a much steeper angle than BC1 .. but those extra rows and suites have got to push Row A back many feet.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
I would be shocked if the front rows of upper deck of the new arena are worse seats than the BC. That is not consistent with how new arenas are being built--regardless of the rendering.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bucks/160316-Arena-Rendering-08.jpg

The lower bowl has about 15 more rows .. then there's not one but two rings of suite/boxes .. THEN there's the upper deck.   

No doubt, the picture shows a much steeper angle than BC1 .. but those extra rows and suites have got to push Row A back many feet.

I believe they are built on top of the suites. As opposed to behind them.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:09 PM »
I was told when selecting my bucks seats for the new arena that this was the case

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
I was told when selecting my bucks seats for the new arena that this was the case

That they are worse seats for a higher price?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
That they are worse seats for a higher price?
Further from the court than the front row upper deck at the bc.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
Further from the court than the front row upper deck at the bc.

/Sad trombone

.. Off topic ..

Article in the JS has a few numbers .. When the BC opened, it had 68 suites .. They eventually removed 25 as sales dropped.  Now they have 33.

BC2 has 33 plus 34 "loft" suites .. good luck selling those.  I'd expect a sales bump for the first couple years, then companies will revert back to BC levels.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2017/04/13/bmo-harris-bradley-center-had-68-suites-when-opened-43-remain-today/100385542/?hootPostID=22f834952fe2948e91c43e12736dab96

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
/Sad trombone

.. Off topic ..

Article in the JS has a few numbers .. When the BC opened, it had 68 suites .. They eventually removed 25 as sales dropped.  Now they have 33.

BC2 has 33 plus 34 "loft" suites .. good luck selling those.  I'd expect a sales bump for the first couple years, then companies will revert back to BC levels.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2017/04/13/bmo-harris-bradley-center-had-68-suites-when-opened-43-remain-today/100385542/?hootPostID=22f834952fe2948e91c43e12736dab96

If  the price point is correctly set, they should be able to sell all of those luxury boxes for one-offs.  An empty skybox makes no money for anyone.
Have some patience, FFS.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »

Staples center has a similar layout with the two rows of boxes, the upper seats feel very very far away compared to the BC

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »
I would be shocked if the front rows of upper deck of the new arena are worse seats than the BC. That is not consistent with how new arenas are being built--regardless of the rendering.

I'd almost guarantee that the upper-deck, front-row, mid-court seats in BC2 will be farther away from the court than in BC1.  As pointed out previously, the lower bowl is going to be much larger, pushing the upper-deck seats back farther.  Behind the baskets might be a different story though.  The front-row seats back there might actually be closer because there won't be as much room behind the baskets.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 12:19:19 PM »
That is what I was referring to--didn't say mid court

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

That's a pretty poor attempt at a press by the Magic (Thunder?).
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
That's a pretty poor attempt at a press by the Magic (Thunder?).

At least the Bucks can put together a decent color-out.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
At least the Bucks can put together a decent color-out.

That's because the color of the seats are the same color as the team, so what you really think is a sellout with everyone participating in the color-out is really a half empty stadium that just has some strategic seat coloring.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
It's logical that the best upper bowl seats in BC-2 will be inferior.  Of course it all comes down to price to determine if that is attractive enough on a going forward basis.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
That's because the color of the seats are the same color as the team, so what you really think is a sellout with everyone participating in the color-out is really a half empty stadium that just has some strategic seat coloring.

Naw, look at the picture.  Everyone is wearing a green shirt.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:56 AM »
It's logical that the best upper bowl seats in BC-2 will be inferior.  Of course it all comes down to price to determine if that is attractive enough on a going forward basis.

that's because lloyd and jane built the BC as a hockey stadium that you could play basketball in
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2017, 11:22:32 AM »

This will be the very delicate dance that MU will have to perform when pricing tickets in the BC2. The goal is to sustain or exceed current STH revenue in the new arena, so you've got to figure out some combination of increased pricing while minimizing the STH volume.

We basically sit in the same seats as you and Chick on the opposite side of the arena so we're going to face the potential of moving down but paying a lot more, or paying at least as much as we do for worse seats. Given that at some point mini-me won't be free and won't sit through a ton of games it's going to complicate it further.

I wonder if MU isn't going to minimize the ticket price increases and count on BC2 interest to increase volume than hope Wojo has a top 15 program two years after to justify a significant price increase.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
This will be the very delicate dance that MU will have to perform when pricing tickets in the BC2. The goal is to sustain or exceed current STH revenue in the new arena, so you've got to figure out some combination of increased pricing while minimizing the STH volume.

We basically sit in the same seats as you and Chick on the opposite side of the arena so we're going to face the potential of moving down but paying a lot more, or paying at least as much as we do for worse seats. Given that at some point mini-me won't be free and won't sit through a ton of games it's going to complicate it further.

I wonder if MU isn't going to minimize the ticket price increases and count on BC2 interest to increase volume than hope Wojo has a top 15 program two years after to justify a significant price increase.

Perhaps we'll get lucky and they'll leave our ticket price flat because there's no chance that our seats will be as good.  Certainly the 'virtual view' I have seen feels further away from the court.  I really hope we get a chance to get into the new building to get an actual look before we have to re-seat but I'm not holding my breath.  This might be the one year where we'll be happy to get a 'redo' 12 months later.

Don't get me wrong, the new building will be fantastic.  I especially like the ability to see into the bowl from the concourse.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
It seems like everyone is assuming that the basic pricing tiers remain the same downstairs. In the current state their are 4 major pricing tiers downstairs (excluding the "Preferred Seating" tiers)

1) End Zone - $585 + $55
2) Corners - $600 + $120
3) Baselines - $620 + $360
4) Center -  $620 + $700

With the configuration of the new arena, my guess is we see at least 4 tiers added to this, with each of the areas divided into two. With 8 pricing tiers, Marquette could conceivably make the prospects of moving downstairs less daunting for the upper deck folks at BC1. In BC1 it's only an $80 change ($5/game) to move from Upper Center court to Lower End Zone as it is.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 12:45:15 PM »
It seems like everyone is assuming that the basic pricing tiers remain the same downstairs. In the current state their are 4 major pricing tiers downstairs (excluding the "Preferred Seating" tiers)

1) End Zone - $585 + $55
2) Corners - $600 + $120
3) Baselines - $620 + $360
4) Center -  $620 + $700

With the configuration of the new arena, my guess is we see at least 4 tiers added to this, with each of the areas divided into two. With 8 pricing tiers, Marquette could conceivably make the prospects of moving downstairs less daunting for the upper deck folks at BC1. In BC1 it's only an $80 change ($5/game) to move from Upper Center court to Lower End Zone as it is.

I'd absolutely never sit in the lower end zone, but that's just me.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
I'd absolutely never sit in the lower end zone, but that's just me.

My gut reaction is to agree with you, but that's tainted by BC1 end zone seats being awful sightlines IMO....perhaps BC2 will remedy some of that.

Going to be interesting which direction we end up going....I'll be pushing for better views and the wife character will be pushing for better financial outcomes.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2017, 01:23:11 PM »
My gut reaction is to agree with you, but that's tainted by BC1 end zone seats being awful sightlines IMO....perhaps BC2 will remedy some of that.

Going to be interesting which direction we end up going....I'll be pushing for better views and the wife character will be pushing for better financial outcomes.

Brother, with a munchkin running around at home (and if you think taking him to the ballgame is going to get easier, I have news for you), you're lucky to get to go at all.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »
Brother, with a munchkin running around at home (and if you think taking him to the ballgame is going to get easier, I have news for you), you're lucky to get to go at all.

This is very true.....between her work schedule and "well somebody has to watch the kid" she'd be lucky to attend half the games. That means I'll need to find a seatmate to not waste a ticket, which I can do, but means basically financing 50% of the seat for other people to sit in it.

My hope is that O will be good to go to the games she can't (since he'll be older than 2 when the BC2 opens up) and he retains his fascination with the game (and gets his impulse to run into the women's bathroom under control)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
Imagine if we were Louisville ..

For the center 3 sections (would be the center 5 sections at the BC) .. the ANNUAL per seat donation fee is $2500.  Corners are $1500, end-zone $1000.   All season tickets are $880.

So .. for 2 tickets on the court-line lower bowl: $6680.  End-zone .. $3680.  WOW. 

http://gocards.com/sports/2016/2/29/select-your-seat-mens-basketball.aspx

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »
Imagine if we were Louisville ..

For the center 3 sections (would be the center 5 sections at the BC) .. the ANNUAL per seat donation fee is $2500.  Corners are $1500, end-zone $1000.   All season tickets are $880.

So .. for 2 tickets on the court-line lower bowl: $6680.  End-zone .. $3680.  WOW. 

http://gocards.com/sports/2016/2/29/select-your-seat-mens-basketball.aspx

What else do people in Kentucky have to spend their sports dollars on?
Have some patience, FFS.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2017, 03:56:48 PM »
What else do people in Kentucky have to spend their sports dollars on?
there are some race horses in Bluegrass country.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2017, 04:07:19 PM »
The Bucks have been "borderline obnoxious" (their customer's words, not mine) in how they price new sponsorships / tickets but here they're dealing with thousands of transactions and can afford a few to drop off and they know there are A LOT of non customers in MKE who they can hit on.  With MU, they have the only thing in town that can guarantee 175,000 tickets sold per year (they'll get a per ticket fee) + the only thing that can get 100,000 live bodies in the arena to buy stuff (they'll recoup 100% of all in arena retail revenue).  IMO, MU is in a strong position here and should not have to see its rent go too high.  They'll pay more bc they're getting more but they should not have to pay an outrageous amount.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
Anybody else notice/comment on the concourse at the very top of the arena? Reminds me of how Miller Park gives you a view of the field from pretty much anywhere in the stadium. Not sure how that'll work in actuality — might not offer much of a view from up there.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2017, 06:46:13 PM »
This is very true.....between her work schedule and "well somebody has to watch the kid" she'd be lucky to attend half the games. That means I'll need to find a seatmate to not waste a ticket, which I can do, but means basically financing 50% of the seat for other people to sit in it.

My hope is that O will be good to go to the games she can't (since he'll be older than 2 when the BC2 opens up) and he retains his fascination with the game (and gets his impulse to run into the women's bathroom under control)

Ha! It only gets worse until about 6/7

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2017, 08:15:38 AM »
This is an interesting economic issue. The number of MU fans is somewhat finite. We know there are about 11k MU fans, and it can rise to 17K of the game and opponent are big. No amount of marketing is going to fundamentally alter that. So, MU has to price tickets to encourage attendance.  MU doesn't have much wiggle room to increase prices without losing significant attendance.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

reinko

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »
Any ideas on who is on the short list for naming rights?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »
Any ideas on who is on the short list for naming rights?

I'm still hoping for Silk.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »
Loyola won the NC in 1963 and has pretty much been irrelevant since, except for a few successful spurts. MU won it 30 years ago but has had consistent success since, except a few downward spurts. Hardly anyone, even those alive at the time, remembers or talk about that 1963 championship (which had significant historical and social importance maybe greater than the Texas Western/El Paso team in 1966). Plenty still remember Al and the 1977 team, including the CBS piece this year.  Loyola's championship is an answer to a tough bar trivia question, though.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
Doc, it's been 40 years not 30.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »
Doc, it's been 40 years not 30.

Lol...seems like 30.  Not only that, I posted this in the wrong thread. Tough morning.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:52:03 AM by Dr. Blackheart »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:27 AM »

So how close of a "friend"  is this person? Since no one else seems to back up the claim that ticket prices tripled, I am tempted to suggest that this is one of those "complaints" that is actually bragging. It sounds very close to what a former d-bag boss of mine used to do. He would be making conversation with some low-level clerk and say something like, "so, the lease on my BMW is coming up, and the dealer is really trying to screw me on a new one. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do."
Have some patience, FFS.