[Today at 06:44:40 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by tower912
[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices  (Read 18814 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
New stadium & Marquette ticket prices
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
Heard from a friend of mine who is a Bucks season ticket holder that they're being asked to pay 3x as much for the same seats at the new arena. Wonder if MU will have anything remotely similar. Can't imagine who's willing to pay 3 times what they're paying now. Maybe double if the team is looking really good. Maybe.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: New stadium & Marquette ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »
Prices no matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Heard from a friend of mine who is a Bucks season ticket holder that they're being asked to pay 3x as much for the same seats at the new arena. Wonder if MU will have anything remotely similar. Can't imagine who's willing to pay 3 times what they're paying now. Maybe double if the team is looking really good. Maybe.

My guess is that is for lower level or courtside seats. Pretty standard at most arenas.

I don't even know how much they are now. Last time I sat the row behind Mr Kohl, they ran about $95.00. I sure they are much more now.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »
This map now has all the season ticket prices in for the Bucks- http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html

MU's will increase, as their rent is going to skyrocket.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
This map now has all the season ticket prices in for the Bucks- http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html

MU's will increase, as their rent is going to skyrocket.

Are those prices 3 x as much as they were before for the Bucks?  I've never looked at their season ticket prices relative to MU (big difference obviously)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Are those prices 3 x as much as they were before for the Bucks?  I've never looked at their season ticket prices relative to MU (big difference obviously)

Honestly it's hard to say, given how different the seating bowl will be from the BC. Far less seats in the upper bowl.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »
Not true. Have season tickets for my work and the price increase is no where near as dramatic as being described by your friend, in fact for an nba arena, they are relatively affordable. Side court near the back of the lower bowl was around 80 or 90 a ticket if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:13:33 PM by Smokin' Jae »

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
Sorry, posted this twice.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:14:07 PM by Smokin' Jae »

GOO

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Client told me his Bucks season tickets went up $10 per game per seat.  Now, I don't know what he was paying, but  $420 per season ticket  increase doesn't seem like too much to me.  If MU did the same, it would be $180 per season ticket increase.  Again, not too much for most of us, but that is the cost of negotiating with the Bucks new owners.

Now, if you are in tickets that cost $100 for a season, then yes, that is a lot.  But for most in the lower bowl, that is within reason.

I do suppose that there will a larger increase for the first 10 rows or so center court.   

And, if your tickets are some great bargain plan, then I could see a 3x increase if they get rid of the bargain plans.  And getting rid of the bargain plans going into the new arena should be considered and would seem to be a good business decision.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:51:04 PM by GOO »

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »
I have season tickets for both, and my Bucks tickets, behind the basket 12 rows up, went up about $1000 a ticket per season.  Everyone knew the price was going up, it's actually less than I was expecting.  My MU tickets are much better, and am expecting a dramatic jump in those.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Company Bucks tickets went up less than $15/game. Row CCC equivalent in new arena.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »
There will be a ticket price increase but it won't be steep. Marquette has been losing ticket holders each year. I don't think raising prices will help alleviate that

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 06:23:01 AM »
What Rowsey said. Sure we'll see a bump.  But tickets aren't going up anything like double because the market would never support it. Remember also that the Buck's are benefiting from building a playoff team.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
Marquette will have the normal two year jump in price. Sure, the first couple of rows will go up a lot. No way, MU can skyrocket the ticket cost. That was the word I got. 

Coppin State on a Tuesday is still Coppin State in the new arena.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Marquette will have the normal two year jump in price. Sure, the first couple of rows will go up a lot. No way, MU can skyrocket the ticket cost. That was the word I got. 

Coppin State on a Tuesday is still Coppin State in the new arena.

Yeah but now it's Coppin state with seat CUP HOLDERS!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »
What Rowsey said. Sure we'll see a bump.  But tickets aren't going up anything like double because the market would never support it. Remember also that the Buck's are benefiting from building a playoff team.

If only MU also had an Antetokounmpo on the roster!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »
My guess is that is for lower level or courtside seats. Pretty standard at most arenas.

I don't even know how much they are now. Last time I sat the row behind Mr Kohl, they ran about $95.00. I sure they are much more now.

I was lucky enough to have someone offer me the courtside seats with open bar included for one game. $471 per ticket. Unreal.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
I was lucky enough to have someone offer me the courtside seats with open bar included for one game. $471 per ticket. Unreal.

$471 worth of drinks?  Doable.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »

CUPPIN State?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »

Those get up $995+ for better games.  Anything sub $500 is a deal, relatively speaking.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 10:08:29 AM »
When we again become one of the elites of college basketball, maybe prices can skyrocket.

I also imagine that moving into a new arena will have a novelty value and allow MU to increase ticket prices more than they normally would.

But a severe jump without Wojo getting us into the Top 5 or 10 teams in the nation would be extremely counterproductive.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
Those get up $995+ for better games.  Anything sub $500 is a deal, relatively speaking.

This was a Friday night vs. the Lakers. I know the Lakers have been down but I figured those other factors would mean it was close to the top of the price range.

But I guess other ticket prices are doubled when Cleveland or Golden State visits....so why wouldn't the first row be as well? Makes sense.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
If only MU also had an Antetokounmpo on the roster!
Yep, not going after Kostas was a mistake
Goal is National Championship

GOO

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »

Are Cup Holders 100% confirmed as in #DoneDeal?  This is a #BigDeal if so...

If so, that is worth $5.00+ extra per game for me.  I can stand and clap and set my beer down/pick it up....  No more sticking it under the seat, or holding it.  This also means more leg room due to the cup holders to allow ingress/egress. 

If it's $75 for 2 extra inches of leg room on a plane ride, maybe $5 for cup holders and more leg room is way underselling the value at $5.00 or so...?

If the new arena actually allows one to use the facilities, get in line at half and get a drink and get back to the seats in time for the second half tip, and place a beer in a glorious Cup Holder, that may just be priceless   ;D

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
How seating shakes out for MU with the new arena will be interesting ..

Currently, season ticket holders mostly fill the lower bowl, making it a scarce commodity, versus the upper bowl.

The new arena will have +2500 more lower bowl seats.  Who will take them?  Will upper-bowl STHs move down?  Some will, some won't, as the move is quite costly.

It's quite possible that MU will have 2000+ lower bowl tickets to sell on game day.  Lower bowl seats will no longer be scarce.  --  The scarcity that pumped up season ticket numbers .. will be gone as now anyone can put together their own mini-plan, and sit downstairs and never give a second thought to the Tuesday game versus Marathon Oil.

feedback