[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 97581 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2017, 08:52:16 PM »
Check it out - they are going to allow tailgating on the roof of the parking garage:

https://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/bucks-parking-garage-rooftop-tailgating.html
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
Tailgatin’ no matta wen yo gonna freeze yo tatas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »

Tell that to the people at Lambeau.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2017, 09:27:21 PM »
Tried tailgating my sophomore year in the lot by Matc kittiecorner from the Bradley Center. It did not work well but if this catches on I’m calling myself a trendsetter
Maigh Eo for Sam

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »
I would love it if Real Chili procured the naming rights

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2017, 10:41:12 PM »

Chargin' dooble up der, hey?

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2017, 04:17:00 AM »
Check it out - they are going to allow tailgating on the roof of the parking garage:

https://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/bucks-parking-garage-rooftop-tailgating.html

Well, the original JS article from which this is sourced sounds less optimistic about tailgating:

Bucks President Peter Feigin says they'll give tailgating a shot, but you can probably can leave your grills at home.

"We might have some grills up there," he said.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2017/10/30/new-milwaukee-bucks-parking-ramp-glitzy-led-sign-downtown-tailgating-and-speedy-exiting/807033001/

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2017, 11:09:37 AM »

GOO

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »
Has anyone here been in the new arena and has seen the actual seats installed?  Or are there any close up of the seats and rows?

Im interested in seeing how they look, cup holders, size compared to the BC and knee room compared to the BC.

If anyone has been inside the new arena or come across close up photo's of the seats, some info would be appreciated.

The rows in the new arena, look really long, with fewer breaks for ingress/egress (I could be completely wrong on this, but from some of the renderings, I'm left with this impression).  If true, I hope there is enough leg room to allow people to pass without having to stand up.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2018, 01:19:34 PM »
As you can tell, hellllloo legroom!!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
I was there on Friday.  Lower level seats were in and had cup holders.  Seats appear to be roomier.

I cannot stress enough how small it feels and I mean that in a good way.  It's impeccably designed.  I think even a Tuesday vs Savannah State will feel full.

Also, many parts are near done such as select suites, green rooms for concerts etc and certain concession areas.  The fixtures and decor is phenomenal. 

Having billionaires spend taxpayer money can yield some incredible quality.  Miller Park always struck me as a nice ballpark built on a budget.  This thing appears to have no budget. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »
I was there on Friday.  Lower level seats were in and had cup holders.  Seats appear to be roomier.

I cannot stress enough how small it feels and I mean that in a good way.  It's impeccably designed.  I think even a Tuesday vs Savannah State will feel full.

Also, many parts are near done such as select suites, green rooms for concerts etc and certain concession areas.  The fixtures and decor is phenomenal. 

Having billionaires spend taxpayer money can yield some incredible quality.  Miller Park always struck me as a nice ballpark built on a budget.  This thing appears to have no budget.

...and thankfully not green.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
...and thankfully not green.
Right, they are black right?  my eyes/ the picture aren't messing with me?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »

Great insight! Can you explain a bit more how a 17,500 seat arena will feel full vs a Savannah State?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2018, 07:36:31 PM »
Great insight! Can you explain a bit more how a 17,500 seat arena will feel full vs a Savannah State?

http://wisconsinesc.com/live-webcam

If you go to the webcam, select the Interior View icon and there are 4 views to look at.  Evenings are best to view the latest images.

I think with 10,000 or so lower level seats, the arena will look more full. 

One thing that sets this arena apart from most others is that you have visibility from the concourse between the lower level and the suites above. 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »
http://wisconsinesc.com/live-webcam

If you go to the webcam, select the Interior View icon and there are 4 views to look at.  Evenings are best to view the latest images.

I think with 10,000 or so lower level seats, the arena will look more full. 

One thing that sets this arena apart from most others is that you have visibility from the concourse between the lower level and the suites above.

Exactly.  The upper deck Lois like there’s only 10 rows in it (there’s more than that) so small upper deck crowds won’t feel so cavernous.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
There's any report on where the students will be? Just wondering if we're stupid enough to pull a depaul
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »
There's any report on where the students will be? Just wondering if we're stupid enough to pull a depaul

Just the opposite. They actually floated the idea of putting the students in front of the sweater vests. I don't think it went over well.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2018, 07:49:28 AM »
Exactly.  The upper deck Lois like there’s only 10 rows in it (there’s more than that) so small upper deck crowds won’t feel so cavernous.

It'll be interesting to see .. imagining it, I'm not sure it will look fuller.  I mean .. for a Savanna State game, the lower bowl is probably 75% full.  Now that the lower section is bigger (not to mention lower bowl seats will be more expensive, pushing people upstairs) .. the lower will look less than 75% (maybe 50%?) and the upper will look fuller.

Time will tell.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2018, 08:21:15 AM »
You know what I find interesting at this point?  These hedge fund clowns from New York (can you tell I've formed an opinion?) pissed the Foxconn guys off so much that there isn't a naming deal now about eight months before the building opens.  And there's not one rumor flying that I've heard.  Umm, maybe overplay one's hand just a bit?  :o

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
Just the opposite. They actually floated the idea of putting the students in front of the sweater vests. I don't think it went over well.

I like that idea, personally. I know it would ruffle feathers and end up costing the university some money, so it won't happen, but that kind of seating plan offers a great environment. Hopefully they stick with the general admission plan and keep ticket prices relatively low. I think when I was a student tickets were around $100, maybe $125. Any idea as to what they go for now?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2018, 08:23:06 AM »
You know what I find interesting at this point?  These hedge fund clowns from New York (can you tell I've formed an opinion?) pissed the Foxconn guys off so much that there isn't a naming deal now about eight months before the building opens.  And there's not one rumor flying that I've heard.  Umm, maybe overplay one's hand just a bit?  :o

I just bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters at "Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Complex" in October. It took me a while to figure out where the heck that was supposed to be.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »
I like that idea, personally. I know it would ruffle feathers and end up costing the university some money, so it won't happen, but that kind of seating plan offers a great environment. Hopefully they stick with the general admission plan and keep ticket prices relatively low. I think when I was a student tickets were around $100, maybe $125. Any idea as to what they go for now?

Let's hope they stay smart and keep it $99.  They raised it on the kids a couple years back and student ticket sales plummeted. They quickly reversed that the decision the next year.  Now limiting the quantity somewhat as has been discussed might make some sense.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »
I just bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters at "Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Complex" in October. It took me a while to figure out where the heck that was supposed to be.

Yep.

feedback