[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Yeti Coolers  (Read 8063 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Yeti Coolers
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Right on and far out, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »
now this is how ya market chit...to guys...and anyone else who enjoys a "cold one"

don't...don't don't don't don't

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 09:56:40 AM »
RTIC (pronounced Artic) just as good as Yeti, just ordered two tumblers myself.

I have both Yeti and Rtic tumblers, and have found no differences other that the fact that Rtic is about 40% cheaper.  (And recently got sued by Yeti, so they must be doing something right.)

I have the 20 oz in both, and a high ball tumbler in the Rtic.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:04 PM »

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »
My favorite post in at least a week! Truly made me laugh out loud. (I don't use "LOL" because I am older than 21.)

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »

I have both Yeti and Rtic tumblers, and have found no differences other that the fact that Rtic is about 40% cheaper.  (And recently got sued by Yeti, so they must be doing something right.)

I have the 20 oz in both, and a high ball tumbler in the Rtic.

I have both a Yeti 20 oz Tumbler and 18 oz bottle, both of which I received as gifts.  They are both great, and keep things hot/cold for long times--I've skied a full day and return to hot coffee, or put ice water in the night before and woken up to ice the next day. 

My biggest critique for the Tumbler is that it is not sealable, which makes it unfortunately useless for my bike commute.  So, I still use a Contigo for taking coffee to work.  The bottle is great, though, and has become my go-to water bottle--I like that it is a wider mouth opening to make cleaning easier, for the times I've put non-water in it.

As for the coolers, which is what I think the OP was driving at, I think they would be worth the price if you had a need for it--namely, camping/boating/hunting trips that will last more than a weekend.  I know folks out here in Colorado that could make good use of it for those purposes, but probably not necessary for about 95% of us.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 03:53:47 PM »

I've seen that gif I don't know how many times, and just now noticed how totally stoned the guy over Ted's right shoulder looks.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »
We actually are working with Yeti on some raspberry pi-based functionality. As strange as that sounds they are aggressive about redefining the space. The Yeti folks are first rate and will dominate the category through magnificently thoughtful  innovation.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 11:05:12 AM »
Gonna get me a Warrior Yeti

http://yeti.com/collegiate-series 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
We actually are working with Yeti on some raspberry pi-based functionality. As strange as that sounds they are aggressive about redefining the space. The Yeti folks are first rate and will dominate the category through magnificently thoughtful  innovation.

Not only first rate, but pure genius.

No domer option. http://yeti.com/collegiate-series

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »
Sold out of MU
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
Sold out of MU

Keefe, get on this.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »
I have been using my $9.99 Wal-Mart 30-ounce "fake Yeti" for about a month now. So far, pretty impressed. For example ...

I umpire youth baseball. I had 5 games yesterday and 5 more today, all in 90-degree weather. I filled the tumbler with ice and then topped off with Powerade. I kept what was left of the Powerade as well as a second bottle of it in a standard (cheap) lunch-box style cooler with a couple of cheap ice packs so it wouldn't get boiling hot. I would drink from the tumbler until the liquid was gone and then re-fill.

My Powerade stayed cold all day both days - 9 hours each day. And at the end of each day, there was still ice in the tumbler. And again, these were 90-degree days.

I've used it when I've golfed, too. Easily kept my beverage ice cold for 4 hours.

Maybe the Yeti is better, but I doubt it's 3x or 4x or 5x as much better!

BTW, I bought this at the store. I think online they have a different brand, which might be just as good or better or not. I don't know because I don't own it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
I have been using my $9.99 Wal-Mart 30-ounce "fake Yeti" for about a month now. So far, pretty impressed. For example ...

I umpire youth baseball. I had 5 games yesterday and 5 more today, all in 90-degree weather. I filled the tumbler with ice and then topped off with Powerade. I kept what was left of the Powerade as well as a second bottle of it in a standard (cheap) lunch-box style cooler with a couple of cheap ice packs so it wouldn't get boiling hot. I would drink from the tumbler until the liquid was gone and then re-fill.

My Powerade stayed cold all day both days - 9 hours each day. And at the end of each day, there was still ice in the tumbler. And again, these were 90-degree days.

I've used it when I've golfed, too. Easily kept my beverage ice cold for 4 hours.

Maybe the Yeti is better, but I doubt it's 3x or 4x or 5x as much better!

BTW, I bought this at the store. I think online they have a different brand, which might be just as good or better or not. I don't know because I don't own it.

Thanks for the update.  We were all on pins and needles.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2017, 12:25:27 AM »
Go for da Yeti. Der tits and well worth the coins, hey?

so may i assume they keep cold drinks coolder than a witch's tit in a brass bra then eyn'a?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2017, 12:30:17 AM »
Thanks for the update.  We were all on pins and needles.

perfect spot for chicks gif of the misandrist taking a dude's sawseeege thru a dry run, ey?