[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson to replace Jon Leuer in the Pistons Starting Lineup Tonight  (Read 12336 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Henry is still what he was here. High level rebounder, volume scorer, high usage and low efficiency guy.

Makes me wonder if he would have changed if he stayed another year. I would think he'd try and show he could be a role player in the NBA given this chance, but also understand the thought of "I have to show my skills." I hope he develops well. If he can hit the 3 with any consistency, he will have a nice career.

4everwarriors

• All American
Of course dey wil, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GB Warrior

• All American
Makes me wonder if he would have changed if he stayed another year. I would think he'd try and show he could be a role player in the NBA given this chance, but also understand the thought of "I have to show my skills." I hope he develops well. If he can hit the 3 with any consistency, he will have a nice career.

Also, make money before I no longer have "potential" and I am what I am.

MU82

• All American
Henry is still what he was here.

Denny Green, raised from the dead!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Henry is still what he was here. High level rebounder, volume scorer, high usage and low efficiency guy.
But with some $$$$ in his pocket
Goal is National Championship

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Ivan Rabb would be a good argument for why Henry should have turned pro.

Rabb was projected to be a borderline lottery pick last year. He stayed in school another year, improved maybe a little, and now is projected by draftexpress to go around 20.

So waiting a year, when the draft is now deeper, cost Rabb money on his rookie deal and delays his 2nd contract a year. It also cost him a year of his professional career that he'll never get back.

So while Henry wasn't "ready" he was draftable. Maximizing draft stock and being ready are not always the same thing.

jsglow

• All American
Ivan Rabb would be a good argument for why Henry should have turned pro.

Rabb was projected to be a borderline lottery pick last year. He stayed in school another year, improved maybe a little, and now is projected by draftexpress to go around 20.

So waiting a year, when the draft is now deeper, cost Rabb money on his rookie deal and delays his 2nd contract a year. It also cost him a year of his professional career that he'll never get back.

So while Henry wasn't "ready" he was draftable. Maximizing draft stock and being ready are not always the same thing.

Absolutely fair statement.  When one starts to think about the limited number of years a guy can get paid to play basketball ir becomes particularly relevant. 

Frankly, I'm concerned about how the adding of resources to the D League will further erode the historically wonderful college product.  Nobody pays ANY attention to the D league (relatively speaking) and yet if young guys can develop their game and get paid it might become the wave of the future.  And that would make me sad.  Because honestly, I don't have very much attachment at all to Henry and never will.  He just simply never became 'Us'. For some strange reason, I feel 'closer' to guys that grad transfer in and give MU their final year.