[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson to replace Jon Leuer in the Pistons Starting Lineup Tonight  (Read 12334 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Still cant shoot the 3

Woulda been interested to see what the season woulda been like 2 years ago if wojo had reigned in the chucking.  Lost a few games imo due to the no pass 3s from henry.  Good player with good potential no doubt but if its not wojo trying to appease henry he gets yanked for many of those shots.  We were a decent team when henry played the 5 and we played 4 guards around him.  Unfortunately we didnt play like that very much.  The myth of luke fischer was still alive and ellenson wanted to play on wing n wojo appeased him. 
Ive been happy with wojo to this point but was quite disappointed that henry or maybe his parents seemed to call the offense for MU last year.  Sure henry projects to a 3 /stretch 4 in the pros but while that skill showed potential it was not yet developed.  His butt shoulda been inside 15 feet where he was actually a dominant college player
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Gotta hit your shots. Honestly, unless his shooting improves, his ceiling is Jon Leuer. He's only 19 or 20, so as someone said, he'll get a couple years' leash, but still a long way to go

if what you mean by a jon leuer ceiling-he's been in the league since 2011, and just signed a 4 year $10.5 million contract.  nothing to be ashamed of there.  now if henry can "be like jon" and sign a 4 year deal after his 3 year "probationary period" his 4 year deal in NBA money could very well be $15 or more.  nothing wrong with those ceilings.  if it's draymond green status you are looking for, then yeah, there'sroom for improvement

all henry has to do is show progress, not perfection.  find the right fit, and...
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Henry's Stat Line Today (remember that before tonight's game, he played only 1 minute since January 21).

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900560

Min: 26
FG: 6 - 16
3Pt: 1-8
Pts: 15
FT: 2- 2
Reb: 11
Blk: 1
+/-: -3

So he put up 16 attempts in 26 minutes, 50% were 3pt.  Can we call him "baby Steve Novak?"

He had a double/double.

Again for a guy that played 1 minute the last 10 weeks, this is a solid effort.
I didn't realize there were so many easy rebounds in the NBA
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
if what you mean by a jon leuer ceiling-he's been in the league since 2011, and just signed a 4 year $10.5 million contract.  nothing to be ashamed of there.  now if henry can "be like jon" and sign a 4 year deal after his 3 year "probationary period" his 4 year deal in NBA money could very well be $15 or more.

For the record, that is Leuer's average annual salary. So $42 million total. Definitely nothing to be ashamed of!

wadesworld

• All American
if what you mean by a jon leuer ceiling-he's been in the league since 2011, and just signed a 4 year $10.5 million contract.  nothing to be ashamed of there.  now if henry can "be like jon" and sign a 4 year deal after his 3 year "probationary period" his 4 year deal in NBA money could very well be $15 or more.  nothing wrong with those ceilings.  if it's draymond green status you are looking for, then yeah, there'sroom for improvement

all henry has to do is show progress, not perfection.  find the right fit, and...

$15 in 4 years might be great money to some, but...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American

That's really not meant as a knock. Leuer has had a career and gotten his as a big that can hit shots. But it's safe to say that there were higher hopes for Hank given his status. If "that's all", then Henry will be able to retire happy and wealthy. But it wasn't where we thought he would end up. That's all.

GGGG

• All American
The NBA is much better at working and developing young talent than they were 10-20 years ago.  It used to be that early entrants either hung on, or were on their own either in the D-League or Europe.  And the D-League was smaller than and not really a true minor league with multiple franchises affiliating with one team.

Pretty much every NBA franchise as a dedicated D League affiliate.  The Bucks are starting their own in Oshkosh next year.  This allows franchises to develop their own players better a la the MLB minor league system.

So 10-20 years ago, a guy like Henry would have been better to stay in college.  Now it's pretty much a no brainer that he should take the first round money.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
$15 in 4 years might be great money to some, but...

That's around the same level that Diener peaked at before heading to Italy for more playtime.

4everwarriors

• All American
Because they were playing my Rockets I watched all of Henry's play.

Henry played with good energy. Made a few good shots but most were 2nd 3rd option kick outs...Rockets sagged and ignored him most of the time...not yet good enough to draw defensive attention. He threw up threes but his form remains something to work on. He looked like a D leaguer up for a look...he likely will benefit from one more year in the D.

Bill Worrell our local Rockets TV announcer (Clyde Drexler/Matt Bullard do color) had worked Rockets games over 20 years with former MU SID Jim Foley, so he  is always very nice to announce any and all MU references...Bill brought up a few of them when Henry was playing...even making the comment...""he looks good out there but still has some work to do...maybe he would have benefited by another year at Marquette..."

Agree?

Nope, Association coaches can develop his potential far bedder den anythin' in college. Duzant hurt da have a few sheckles in yo Lora Piana pockect while shoutin' da Benz ether, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
As others have said, the Leuer comparisons should be a compliment for HE.

In the past, I have said if he could have a Steve Hawes-like career he will have had a nice long run. Hawes has played 10 years in the league and has made more than $40 million.

Henry probably is never going to be Dirk ... but that's a good thing because we all know how Davante would have destroyed him!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
That's around the same level that Diener peaked at before heading to Italy for more playtime.

I'm pretty sure Diener was offered more than $15 for 4 years.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
As others have said, the Leuer comparisons should be a compliment for HE.

In the past, I have said if he could have a Steve Hawes-like career he will have had a nice long run. Hawes has played 10 years in the league and has made more than $40 million.

Henry probably is never going to be Dirk ... but that's a good thing because we all know how Davante would have destroyed him!

Hopefully Henry's career is more like the career of Spencer Hawes than Steve Hawes.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Hopefully Henry's career is more like the career of Spencer Hawes than Steve Hawes.

I was surprised to find there actually was a Steve Hawes that played in the NBA from 1975-84. Similar career numbers in scoring and rebounding. But Spencer earned quite a bit more money in his career.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:58:17 AM by Lazar's Headband »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
That's really not meant as a knock. Leuer has had a career and gotten his as a big that can hit shots. But it's safe to say that there were higher hopes for Hank given his status. If "that's all", then Henry will be able to retire happy and wealthy. But it wasn't where we thought he would end up. That's all.

no problem.  just clarifying is all-didn't mean to come across like a richard. 

i did mean $10.5 per year and if henry to get to leur level, $15 + per year

oldwarrior81

• All American
I was surprised to find there actually was a Steve Hawes that played in the NBA from 1975-84. Similar career numbers in scoring and rebounding. But Spencer earned quite a bit more money in his career.
Steve is Spencer's uncle.

MU82

• All American

Yessir ... I meant Spencer. Dated myself with mention of Steve.

Point stands. That would be a nice career for HE. Hawes is a player with value for his teams. He was a darn good role player for the Hornets last season.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Yessir ... I meant Spencer. Dated myself with mention of Steve.

Point stands. That would be a nice career for HE. Hawes is a player with value for his teams. He was a darn good role player for the Hornets last season.

speakin of hornets, hows my man frankie k doing?  i know he's a vermin, but he is a good guy.  my nephew and he are besties and as they say in lisle-they remember him when he sucked.  my bro-in-law was his 8th grade b-ball coach so he likes to jokingly take some of the credit for where he is today

MU82

• All American
speakin of hornets, hows my man frankie k doing?  i know he's a vermin, but he is a good guy.  my nephew and he are besties and as they say in lisle-they remember him when he sucked.  my bro-in-law was his 8th grade b-ball coach so he likes to jokingly take some of the credit for where he is today

I don't know anything about him as a person, but he has had a decent season for the Hornets. Up and down in the first half of the season, more consistent and assertive in the second. He has progressed OK after a pretty bad rookie year. I think he'll have a long NBA career as a 7-footer who can shoot the 3, pass well and occasionally post up. He isn't a great defender whether at the 4 or 5.

It will be interesting to see if Henry can be a better pro. Henry already is a better rebounder but he needs to be more efficient on offense, and needs to make more 3s if he's gonna take so many.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Last 2 games stats:

54 mins
24pts
20 boards

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Last 2 games stats:

54 mins
24pts
20 boards

9-27 from the floor (33.3%)
4-14 from 3 (28.6%)

He can do a lot of things well but he's got to put the ball in the basket.

Lennys Tap

• All American
4-14 from 3 (28.6%)

He's a good rebounder. His shooting form looks goods, but the results have never been there.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
4-14 from 3 (28.6%)

Henry is still what he was here. High level rebounder, volume scorer, high usage and low efficiency guy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Give him this summer and next year he'll be a good contributor next season

dgies9156

• All American
Give him this summer and next year he'll be a good contributor next season

I hope so.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Henry is still what he was here. High level rebounder, volume scorer, high usage and low efficiency guy.
Will be interesting to see if the Pistons exercise their options to extend Henrys contract
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/detroit-pistons/henry-ellenson-20223/

By way of reference , The Bulls exercised  their options twice on Doug McDermott
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/doug-mcdermott-15363/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire