[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by willie warrior
[Today at 12:45:02 PM]

MU Gear by Hards Alumni
[Today at 12:18:52 PM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ, Luke, KR post grad playing opportunity thread  (Read 55343 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: JJJ, Luke, KR post grad playing opportunity thread
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2017, 10:11:55 PM »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2017, 11:26:20 PM »
Him getting drafted was a pipe dream at best. But Luke put up pretty good numbers at Portsmouth. He's not NBA material but his numbers backed up the fact that he was one of the top offensive seniors in college basketball last season. He was arguably the best true center we have had since Rob Jackson.

I don't think it's arguable at all. Who's even in the conversation, Otule? Burke? Merritt, maybe?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »
I don't think it's arguable at all. Who's even in the conversation, Otule? Burke? Merritt, maybe?

Well I think that too. But the guy I'm talking to would argue that he wasn't even the best true center on last year's team!
TAMU

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2017, 05:56:41 AM »

Luke had one good game at Portsmouth.  Other games were bad.
And yes with our scoring punch last year, we were a better team with Heldt who could play a shred or defense n fight for rebounding position.  At least Wojo agreed with me.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »
Luke had one good game at Portsmouth.

Okay, I think we've tried every "nice" way of saying it. You're an idiot. You have no ability to objectively watch a player and judge their contributions. You became blinded to Luke. I don't know, maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's a need to tear others down to make yourself feel good, maybe he stole your girlfriend. But bottom line, your are simply wrong in your assessments of Luke and your blatant stupidity shines through like a blazing orange light of mental mediocrity every time you mention him.

Luke went 105.2/115.4/124.5 ORtg in his three years here. He increased his efficiency every year while also increasing his usage. His worst season in terms of eFG% was better than Davante Gardner's best. He was at worst 11th in the Big East in block percentage, and 2/3 years was top-5.

Was Luke an all-American or superstar? No. Were there some centers in his time better in the league? Sure. But not many, and he's the best we've had other than a one year transfer in over a generation. And frankly, if you look at the numbers and totality of contributions on both ends of the floor, it's not even remotely debatable.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »
Luke had one good game at Portsmouth.  Other games were bad.
And yes with our scoring punch last year, we were a better team with Heldt who could play a shred or defense n fight for rebounding position.  At least Wojo agreed with me.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
Okay, I think we've tried every "nice" way of saying it. You're an idiot. You have no ability to objectively watch a player and judge their contributions. You became blinded to Luke. I don't know, maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's a need to tear others down to make yourself feel good, maybe he stole your girlfriend. But bottom line, your are simply wrong in your assessments of Luke and your blatant stupidity shines through like a blazing orange light of mental mediocrity every time you mention him.

Luke went 105.2/115.4/124.5 ORtg in his three years here. He increased his efficiency every year while also increasing his usage. His worst season in terms of eFG% was better than Davante Gardner's best. He was at worst 11th in the Big East in block percentage, and 2/3 years was top-5.

Was Luke an all-American or superstar? No. Were there some centers in his time better in the league? Sure. But not many, and he's the best we've had other than a one year transfer in over a generation. And frankly, if you look at the numbers and totality of contributions on both ends of the floor, it's not even remotely debatable.

Interesting that all the things that you say about me can be said about you as it pertains to his offensive numbers.  Your offense only focus is scary.  You are prolly a really good fantasy player, however, some of us realize that defense is half of the game and that defense wins championships.  You will also notice my post pertained to defense and how MUs season turned on a dime when Wojo realized we needed some in the middle.  Keep referencing ur efg tho
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:57:00 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
Blocks are an offensive stat? Maybe I was giving you too much intellectual credit  :o

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2017, 03:54:33 PM »
Luke's defense was atrocious. He had decent blocking numbers but his ppp allowed was terrible. Making an argument that Heldt was a better fit for last year's team, I could hear that argument. That is very different from the months of Luke bashing that we heard. Heldt's defensive numbers were better than Luke's but not by nearly enough to make up for the huge discrepancy in their offensive statistics.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »
Luke's defense was atrocious. He had decent blocking numbers but his ppp allowed was terrible. Making an argument that Heldt was a better fit for last year's team, I could hear that argument. That is very different from the months of Luke bashing that we heard. Heldt's defensive numbers were better than Luke's but not by nearly enough to make up for the huge discrepancy in their offensive statistics.

Could you do a breakdown of his sophomore year defense?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »
I don't know why you are all still arguing about this. The team played better with heldt. That is something I don't think is really that debatable. Fischer had better offense stats. But I think heldt moved in the offense better.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2017, 10:10:55 PM »
I don't know why you are all still arguing about this. The team played better with heldt. That is something I don't think is really that debatable. Fischer had better offense stats. But I think heldt moved in the offense better.

It's debatable and you will admit you were wrong
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2017, 11:33:19 PM »

I think the offense seemed to run better when Heldt was inserted into the starting lineup because it was the first time we were seeing our 2 best offensive players on the court together for significant periods of time.  I think it had much, much, much less to do with Matt being in in place of Luke and much, much, much more to do with Rowsey being in in place of Cheatham.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2017, 11:52:08 AM »
I think the offense seemed to run better when Heldt was inserted into the starting lineup because it was the first time we were seeing our 2 best offensive players on the court together for significant periods of time.  I think it had much, much, much less to do with Matt being in in place of Luke and much, much, much more to do with Rowsey being in in place of Cheatham.

That could be true. But since heldt started playing real meaningful minutes at the same time I'm not sure we will ever know. Unless someone can get the +/- and efficiency of both Fischer and heldt while both Rowsey and Howard are on the court at the same time.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

See thats where focusing only on stats runs some if you guys afoul.  Sure matts offense didnt match lukes, while matts defense n rebounding position was superior. 
Matt didnt need to provide the touches could go elsewhere, we had other guys that could score in volumes.  What we needed filled was the gaping hole in the middle.  Wojo did that, i clamored for it for the whole year.  The guys that subtracted matts scoring average from lukes and said we were ten points worse a game, well Brew and others are still saying that.  SMH

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »

Had a lot to do with the worst division 1 center defensively was not in the game

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
See thats where focusing only on stats runs some if you guys afoul.  Sure matts offense didnt match lukes, while matts defense n rebounding position was superior. 
Matt didnt need to provide the touches could go elsewhere, we had other guys that could score in volumes.  What we needed filled was the gaping hole in the middle.  Wojo did that, i clamored for it for the whole year.  The guys that subtracted matts scoring average from lukes and said we were ten points worse a game, well Brew and others are still saying that.  SMH

Here's where you run afoul. You didn't clamor for Heldt all year. You bashed Luke all year. There's a difference. That's what people are reacting to. If you had said "I think Heldt would be better for this team than Luke because of his defense." That would have been reasonable. Instead you went on rants about how Luke was garbage when that wasn't the case.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2017, 10:11:20 AM »
Here's where you run afoul. You didn't clamor for Heldt all year. You bashed Luke all year. There's a difference. That's what people are reacting to. If you had said "I think Heldt would be better for this team than Luke because of his defense." That would have been reasonable. Instead you went on rants about how Luke was garbage when that wasn't the case.

Bingo.

But why do you keep feeding this troll?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2017, 03:49:14 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »

barfolomew