[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 76491 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2017, 06:55:44 PM »
Watt tyme are da naked dancin' girls scheduled ta come thru campus, hey?
I think you posted to the wrong message board. The correct one would be:

http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/forums/2755-the-yum
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:31 PM »
Shayok just committed to ISU... of course.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »
Keeps with the Marquette West tradition.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
Satisfied? No. Disappointed? Sure. Think Wojo is inadequate, not trying hard enough, and asking "what the hell is Wojo doing?" Not even close.

Again, recruiting grad transfers is not a buffet line. You don't just pick what you want and take it. I promise you that Wojo is putting the full court press on both Cam Johnson and the Rice Russian. He is doing everything he can. Despite that, there is still a chance that both could choose to go elsewhere. Because just about every other high major coach is also putting the full court press and doing everything they can to land them. I'm not sure what it is that you think Wojo isn't doing that he should be doing in order to land a stud grad transfer.

Excellent point.  A related one that should be remembered whenever Wojo is denigrated for losing a recruit or a game - recruiting head coaches is not a buffet line either.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #279 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:02 AM »
In simpler terms, MiKyle McIntosh will grad transfer

lol
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »

Darn. I'd have loved to have seen him in blue and gold. An athletic defensive stopper who also can make shots. He will be more valuable in his one season at Iowa State than Deonte was as a senior, and he would have been hugely valuable here.

Oh well. Next!

Oh, and BTW, fire Wojo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 20, 2017, 10:12:59 AM »
Darn. I'd have loved to have seen him in blue and gold. An athletic defensive stopper who also can make shots. He will be more valuable in his one season at Iowa State than Deonte was as a senior, and he would have been hugely valuable here.

Oh well. Next!

Oh, and BTW, fire Wojo.

Never been overly impressed with Shayok, nice player, but nothing special.  Offensively, would have fit Buzz's system perfect, a SF that can not shoot, but tough
defensively.  MU does not have a defensive player like Shayok.  Not sure he even fits, ISU system.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #282 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:45 AM »
Never been overly impressed with Shayok, nice player, but nothing special.  Offensively, would have fit Buzz's system perfect, a SF that can not shoot, but tough
defensively.  MU does not have a defensive player like Shayok.  Not sure he even fits, ISU system.

I think Shayok is better shooter than his UVA numbers show.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:35 AM »
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I mean, only three guys averaged over 20 minutes.  10 over 10 minutes.  And 8 over 15 minutes.  And they don't score very much.  Not hard to see how a scorer would be held down in that system. 

Look, I don't think Shayok is an NBA prospect or anything.  But I do think he is a pretty good distance shooter that didn't get the opportunity to put many up in UVA's offense.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »

Why do you say that?  He shot from threes 32 percent last year, and averaged about 9 points.  Average player.   Better out there then him, ISU must need a
body, 2 years for 1 playing year?  Not worth it

MU82

• All American
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2017, 11:05:05 AM »
I think y'all will see a very nice jump in Shayok's offensive game at Iowa State, and he would have done fine offensively here. He is a career 37% 3pt shooter who shot 44% as a soph. He also is a pretty good slasher/scorer. ISU will play him 30+ minutes, he'll defend the opponent's best wing or perimeter player, and he'll score plenty. He would have done the same for us.

Virginia walks the ball up and milks the clock on every possession, and also seriously spreads the minutes around. I don't blame Shayok for leaving.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
Why do you say that?  He shot from threes 32 percent last year, and averaged about 9 points.  Average player.   Better out there then him, ISU must need a

See previous post.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2017, 11:44:20 AM »

This is why traditional stats are very limited. His 9 points a game is much more impressive when you factor in the tempo Virginia plays at, the amount of minutes he played, and how deep of a rotation Virginia had. His 9 points a game was 2nd highest on the team and his ppp (points per possession) was in the "Very Good" range per Synergy. Too lazy to run the numbers on all of the players but I'd be willing to bet that he led the team in ppp.

He also shot 44% from three as Sophomore as MU82 pointed out. Not unreasonable to think that he could end up in the high 30s for his final year. I am confident that Shayok will have a very nice final year in Ames.

As an aside, I'm very curious to see how Iowa State proceeds from here. Prohm has done fine with Hoiberg's leftovers. I wouldn't say he under or over achieved to this point. But he's graduating 6 players this offseason. Those 6 include 4 starters, the first guy off the bench, and the last guy in the rotation. It also includes the top 4 scorers (and 5 of the top 6), the top 5 rebounders, the top 4 assistmen, the top 4 thieves (and 5 of the top 6), 4 of the top 5 shot blockers, and the top 3 three point shooters (and 4 out of the top 5). That's a lot to recover from. I think they drop out of the tournament picture for at least a season.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:57:34 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »
Shayok has never made more than 19 threes in a season. Never attempted more than 58 in a season. Low volume three point shooter.

More of a slasher. High usage rate at 27%. Will his usage rate stay that high at Iowa State? Possible that he has a lower usage rate. That would mitigate the faster tempo. Total shot attempts might stay the same, which could keep him around 9-10 PPG. Keep the usage rate, and faster tempo leads to more shots and a uptick in PPG.

Biggest value though is on defense. D rating last year was 92.2 while he had 100.4 O rating.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
As an aside, I'm very curious to see how Iowa State proceeds from here. Prohm has done fine with Hoiberg's leftovers. I wouldn't say he under or over achieved to this point. But he's graduating 6 players this offseason. Those 6 include 4 starters, the first guy off the bench, and the last guy in the rotation. It also includes the top 4 scorers (and 5 of the top 6), the top 5 rebounders, the top 4 assistmen, the top 4 thieves (and 5 of the top 6), 4 of the top 5 shot blockers, and the top 3 three point shooters (and 4 out of the top 5). That's a lot to recover from. I think they drop out of the tournament picture for at least a season.

This is one of the reasons I was glad about Shayok's commitment. They may not be able to afford two transfers who sit out next season, and so this might make Morrow less of an option for them.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »
This is one of the reasons I was glad about Shayok's commitment. They may not be able to afford two transfers who sit out next season, and so this might make Morrow less of an option for them.

Maybe, but they have three schollies left for next season. I doubt they are getting three more players who are eligible for the fall. Probably plenty of room for Morrow.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
Maybe, but they have three schollies left for next season. I doubt they are getting three more players who are eligible for the fall. Probably plenty of room for Morrow.

Three? Isn't it just 2?

Edit: Nevermind, you were referring to ISU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/03/29/ncaa-transfer-tracker-march-28th-edition/

Updated. Influx is slowing down but still since great names available
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »
PS the Lawson brothers have a 3rd brother who is a top 20 recruit in the class of 2019 and a 4th brother who is ranked in the top 10 of the class of 2021 (way too early to be worth anything, I get that, but still chances are he'll be a top recruit).  So even more reason you take those 2 had they said they were interested in coming to MU (which they obviously never were, but just theoretically).

Oh and their cousin is a top 10 recruit in the class of 2019.

So Kansas got the 2 brothers through the transfer market and I'd be willing to bet they'll get 3 other top 20 recruits as a result if they want them...

I know people have brought up "drama" surrounding the Lawsons and I don't know what all that includes, but the fact of the matter is Tubby Smith came in and demoted the father from his position as one of the assistants at Memphis and didn't treat him very well.  So the father looked into other options, and in turn so did the brothers.  If that's "drama" or "chemistry issues," count me in.  From what I can tell, Tubby is more at fault than the Lawsons.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:45:03 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »
PS the Lawson brothers have a 3rd brother who is a top 20 recruit in the class of 2019 and a 4th brother who is ranked in the top 10 of the class of 2021 (way too early to be worth anything, I get that, but still chances are he'll be a top recruit).  So even more reason you take those 2 had they said they were interested in coming to MU (which they obviously never were, but just theoretically).

Oh and their cousin is a top 10 recruit in the class of 2019.

So Kansas got the 2 brothers through the transfer market and I'd be willing to bet they'll get 3 other top 20 recruits as a result if they want them...

I know people have brought up "drama" surrounding the Lawsons and I don't know what all that includes, but the fact of the matter is Tubby Smith came in and demoted the father from his position as one of the assistants at Memphis and didn't treat him very well.  So the father looked into other options, and in turn so did the brothers.  If that's "drama" or "chemistry issues," count me in.  From what I can tell, Tubby is more at fault than the Lawsons.

See below link.  Certainly not that big of a deal, but does show a lack of class.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/kj-lawson-snapchat-video-f-tubby-smith-memphis-dedric-lawson-transfer-kansas/1gopht9mx7w7p1127tuf93yb2a

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
See below link.  Certainly not that big of a deal, but does show a lack of class.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/kj-lawson-snapchat-video-f-tubby-smith-memphis-dedric-lawson-transfer-kansas/1gopht9mx7w7p1127tuf93yb2a

Yeah not a good look but it's a college kid whose father was demoted from his assistant coach position to make way for an entire staff of assistant coaches that combined had gotten fewer top 50 recruits to sign for their programs than his dad had for Memphis himself.  Tubby has completely ruined the Memphis program single handedly.  Everyone transferred out to the point that they return a total of 3 players next year, and their recruiting class is as bad as it's ever been at Memphis.

If Tubby comes in and just leaves Mr. Lawson at the position he had been holding there's no transferring out for the Lawsons, no snapchat video, and probably 3 McDonald's AA recruits coming in the future.  Instead, Tubby will be out of a job 3 years from now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2017, 01:34:11 PM »
Yeah not a good look but it's a college kid whose father was demoted from his assistant coach position to make way for an entire staff of assistant coaches that combined had gotten fewer top 50 recruits to sign for their programs than his dad had for Memphis himself.  Tubby has completely ruined the Memphis program single handedly.  Everyone transferred out to the point that they return a total of 3 players next year, and their recruiting class is as bad as it's ever been at Memphis.

If Tubby comes in and just leaves Mr. Lawson at the position he had been holding there's no transferring out for the Lawsons, no snapchat video, and probably 3 McDonald's AA recruits coming in the future.  Instead, Tubby will be out of a job 3 years from now.

Maybe there is a reason he didn't do that.

Maybe he realized the kids have character issues and wants to build his own culture.

EaglesNest

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2017, 01:52:25 PM »
Jaaron Simmons, a grad transfer from Ohio, is going to play for Michigan

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »
Charlie Moore cal transfer is going to kansas