[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 76522 times)

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »
Grad Transfer or a regular transfer?

Regular. He'd be a Junior after sitting out a year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »
I still think I like Shayok best, although I fully acknowledge that might be because I am most familiar with him. I think his game would translate very well to Wojo's offense, he handles the ball quite well and he is a long, quick defender.

I know we'd only get him for one year, and I also know getting him might mean somebody gets recruited over. But I want to make the Final Four (we all do), and I think he could have a profound impact on what should be a very, very good 2018-19 team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cube7

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »
I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Luke transferring midseason only cost him 8 games. As much as it's considered missing half a season, it's about 25-30% at most.

Your calculations are off.  Luke played about 8 games at Indiana before transferring.  After red shirting, he then played 2 & 1/2 years for MU.  So 3 years of playing total.  He lost a year of playing by transferring mid season.  Had he played a full year at Indiana before transferring he would have had 3 full years at MU.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
Your calculations are off.  Luke played about 8 games at Indiana before transferring.  After red shirting, he then played 2 & 1/2 years for MU.  So 3 years of playing total.  He lost a year of playing by transferring mid season.  Had he played a full year at Indiana before transferring he would have had 3 full years at MU.

I was strictly looking at it through Marquette's eyes. The net gain for us was 2 & 3/4 years vs 3 years. Really not that big a difference.

Anyone that transfers mid season loses a lot more on the front end than the back end. But overall, starting play at the midway point of the new destination versus sitting out the full year and a half doesn't really make a big difference in terms of play time for the second school.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »
Murrow would be a fantastic get.

Tweet today saying that Marquette is being mentioned along with Nova and Butler.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 12:43:40 PM »

Tweet today saying that Marquette is being mentioned along with Nova and Butler.

Murrow + Egor + PG transfer would be me very very excited.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 12:53:46 PM »

Care to share the tweet?

GGGG

• All American

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/ericnscottsdale/status/847239729275748352

Would love for this to be true, although looking through the accounts other tweets he doesn't seem like the most reputable source.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »

Thanks. Man would that be awesome. I work with a guy who was childhood best friends with Tim Miles. They still talk frequently, and naturally he is a big Nebraska fan. He loves Murrow and was devastated by the news. Beyond Murrow being a fantastic get for basketball purposes, there would be a little icing on the cake personally!

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
Thanks. Man would that be awesome. I work with a guy who was childhood best friends with Tim Miles. They still talk frequently, and naturally he is a big Nebraska fan. He loves Murrow and was devastated by the news. Beyond Murrow being a fantastic get for basketball purposes, there would be a little icing on the cake personally!

Miles was on extremely thin ice at the end of the season and NU went one and done in the B1G tourney. 5 min later the AD tweeted support for Miles for next season, but didn't extend his contract. Morrow is a legacy there as his dad played football and his mom played basketball for the Huskers. He was one of their best returning players, so it was a huge shock when he announced the transfer. Miles is now a dead man walking, and beyond an improbable NCAA tourney bid, he's gone. Morrow stated he wants to play on the wing as a 3 or stretch 4, but he can't dribble or shoot so I'm assuming there is much more to the story than that. He'd bring a much needed junkyard dog attitude with him if he came to MU and I hope he does.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »
Miles was on extremely thin ice at the end of the season and NU went one and done in the B1G tourney. 5 min later the AD tweeted support for Miles for next season, but didn't extend his contract. Morrow is a legacy there as his dad played football and his mom played basketball for the Huskers. He was one of their best returning players, so it was a huge shock when he announced the transfer. Miles is now a dead man walking, and beyond an improbable NCAA tourney bid, he's gone. Morrow stated he wants to play on the wing as a 3 or stretch 4, but he can't dribble or shoot so I'm assuming there is much more to the story than that. He'd bring a much needed junkyard dog attitude with him if he came to MU and I hope he does.

Yah, told Miles he didn't want to play the 5 and needed to be promised minutes at the 4.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
Yah, told Miles he didn't want to play the 5 and needed to be promised minutes at the 4.
Copeland from Gtown transferred there, so I'm guessing he will be their 4. He's more of a jump shooter, so Morrow would be a 5 if they were on the floor at the same time. If Morrow is really considering MU and Nova,  then I don't buy the reasoning of wanting to be on the outside. There's no way he's anything but an inside player at either of those schools in my opinion.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
Copeland from Gtown transferred there, so I'm guessing he will be their 4. He's more of a jump shooter, so Morrow would be a 5 if they were on the floor at the same time. If Morrow is really considering MU and Nova,  then I don't buy the reasoning of wanting to be on the outside. There's no way he's anything but an inside player at either of those schools in my opinion.

He is prototypical 4. I think Wojo could sell him on playing the 4.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
I guess Noah Dickerson's transfer from Washington is not official. He
would be a player  to pursue. 6-8, 230 PF. 12.5 pts and 8 rebs a game.
Good athlete. Got to have the ball if you want to score. Big dude with
muscle would fit in the BE.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »
I guess Noah Dickerson's transfer from Washington is not official. He
would be a player  to pursue. 6-8, 230 PF. 12.5 pts and 8 rebs a game.
Good athlete. Got to have the ball if you want to score. Big dude with
muscle would fit in the BE.

He would be a good get. But I'm not as sold as others. He's really poor defensively. He put up big numbers but part of that is because there was no one else on his team played in the post.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »

This guy is as reliable a source as MUFINY is related to every player we've ever recruited.
From a transfer standpoint I'd personally prefer Brown, Jeter, Egor, Mack: knowing our best shot would be with Egor.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »
He is prototypical 4. I think Wojo could sell him on playing the 4.

I don't know enough about his game - could share the floor with Heldtasaurus in Wojo's system?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
This guy is as reliable a source as MUFINY is related to every player we've ever recruited.
From a transfer standpoint I'd personally prefer Brown, Jeter, Egor, Mack: knowing our best shot would be with Egor.
Nevermind. Figured out it is Chase Jeter.

Who is Jeter?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:04:23 PM by Lazar's Headband »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »
I don't know enough about his game - could share the floor with Heldtasaurus in Wojo's system?

Yes. Very different players.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 11:50:33 PM »
 Kevin Gorman‏Verified account @KGorman_Trib

BREAKING: Cameron Johnson, Pitt's top returning scorer, has asked for a release from his scholarship so he can transfer, per his father, Gil
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 07:29:17 AM »
Kevin Gorman‏Verified account @KGorman_Trib

BREAKING: Cameron Johnson, Pitt's top returning scorer, has asked for a release from his scholarship so he can transfer, per his father, Gil

Johnson is a graduate transfer. Will be eligible immediately, may have two years to play (he only played 7 games in 2014-15 due to injury).
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
Johnson is a graduate transfer. Will be eligible immediately, may have two years to play (he only played 7 games in 2014-15 due to injury).
According to this research report, Johnson had a breakout season last year. He would fit here perfectly.
http://www.cardiachill.com/2017/4/1/15148646/cameron-johnson-transferring-pitt-basketball-pittsburgh-panthers-kevin-stallings-transfers
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2017, 09:55:04 AM »

He should have two years, no problema. Received a medical hardship waiver (actually played in 8 games vs. 7, but all in the front half of the year and was incapacitated for the remainder of the year.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2017, 10:35:36 AM »
According to this research report, Johnson had a breakout season last year. He would fit here perfectly.
http://www.cardiachill.com/2017/4/1/15148646/cameron-johnson-transferring-pitt-basketball-pittsburgh-panthers-kevin-stallings-transfers

Maybe.  But because he has two years left he takes up a schollie for 2018. Have to be careful.  It limits the other players you can go after
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback