Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker  (Read 75987 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
[Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
https://painttouches.com/2017/03/29/ncaa-transfer-tracker-march-28th-edition/

First edition of the transfer tracker. No grad transfers, we're all about traditional here (with no racial undertones).

A note, this article was written yesterday morning....and as usual a bunch of new transfers popped up later that day making this list outdated. Still some good information in there and those that popped up will be on next week's edition!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: [Paint Touches] Transfer Tracker
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »

First edition of the transfer tracker. No grad transfers, we're all about traditional here (with no racial undertones).

A note, this article was written yesterday morning....and as usual a bunch of new transfers popped up later that day making this list outdated. Still some good information in there and those that popped up will be on next week's edition!

I think we should call it the Transfer Window
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
Is this a list of best available transfers, or a list of best available transfers that Marquette is pursuing?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »
Is this a list of best available transfers, or a list of best available transfers that Marquette is pursuing?

Transfers. I am not inside enough to know who marquette is pursuing. I also doubt we'd go after more than a few transfers at a time.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
Give me Mike Lewis (traditional transfer), Al Freeman (Grad trasnfer), and one of Jamerl Baker, Clifton Moore, Greg Elliot (in that order of preference for the freshman), or another grad transfer big, and lets go to battle.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Give me Mike Lewis (traditional transfer), Al Freeman (Grad trasnfer), and one of Jamerl Baker, Clifton Moore, Greg Elliot (in that order of preference for the freshman), or another grad transfer big, and lets go to battle.
Sort of an all you can eat buffet, hey?
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:10:56 PM »
More St John's transfers:

@AdamZagoria: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison are transferring from @StJohnsBBall , per the school.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Sort of an all you can eat buffet, hey?

Sure.  Burning scholarships is dumb.  Sometimes is works out (see Froling), but more often, you burn it for no reason.  Plus mid year transfers aren't great situations anyway.  Its always better to use what you have allotted to you. 

@AdamZagoria: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison are transferring from @StJohnsBBall , per the school.

A little surprised about Ellison, but with Ponds and Lovett, back court minutes hard to come by.

Guessing Darien Williams will be eligible immediately. 

Obviously neither will be options for MU.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:13:52 PM »
I wonder if Wojo uses redshirting as a tool to lure transfers like Gonzaga does: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-unsung-secret-to-gonzagas-success-is-something-nobody-really-wants-152315953.html

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »

When Henry & Wally were here, playing St. John's was infuriating if you were listening on the radio or distracted from your TV.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:44 PM »
I wonder if Wojo uses redshirting as a tool to lure transfers like Gonzaga does: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-unsung-secret-to-gonzagas-success-is-something-nobody-really-wants-152315953.html

Have always believed that the redshirt is criminally underused in college basketball.  I think if you are using all 13 of your scholarships, at least two should be redshirts.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »
Have always believed that the redshirt is criminally underused in college basketball.  I think if you are using all 13 of your scholarships, at least two should be redshirts.

True, but no kids really want to redshirt unless they have to (transfer).

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »

Would be great to see Anim really take a step forward. Coupled with the contributions Luke and Rowsey made after sitting out, it could become a big selling point.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 04:59:17 PM »

I've wondered about Froling--would it be better for us to have him sit out the second semester next year, to retain a year of eligibility on the back-end?  Its an interesting proposition.  While having him to pair with Heldt during BE play next year would be nice, it might be better to trade the semester of play now for another year in '20-'21. 

Now, to JJJJ's point, I don't know if he'd want to do that, after already sitting out one year.  But, I wonder whether it is better for the team to trade a semester of eligibility now for a year of eligibility later.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 05:05:04 PM »
I've wondered about Froling--would it be better for us to have him sit out the second semester next year, to retain a year of eligibility on the back-end?  Its an interesting proposition.  While having him to pair with Heldt during BE play next year would be nice, it might be better to trade the semester of play now for another year in '20-'21. 

Now, to JJJJ's point, I don't know if he'd want to do that, after already sitting out one year.  But, I wonder whether it is better for the team to trade a semester of eligibility now for a year of eligibility later.

With the current roster make up, no way.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
I've wondered about Froling--would it be better for us to have him sit out the second semester next year, to retain a year of eligibility on the back-end?

I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Luke transferring midseason only cost him 8 games. As much as it's considered missing half a season, it's about 25-30% at most.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »
I really don't think it's that big of a deal. Luke transferring midseason only cost him 8 games. As much as it's considered missing half a season, it's about 25-30% at most.

That's a good point.

I do think that there is some loss in not having as much opportunity to find how he'll fit into the rotation against real opponents--a few buy-games doesn't give that much input. 

I would like to see us continue to utilize the red-shirt regularly--Ike Eke seems like another potential fit for next year.   

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I would like to see us continue to utilize the red-shirt regularly--Ike Eke seems like another potential fit for next year.   

I definitely agree. Eke is a great candidate if our roster allows. But with a guy like Froling, you take someone that has no chance to graduate before he's done playing basketball, to a 50/50 shot he leaves before his last year. It's just he way of college hoops these days.  Not worth it over 9-10 noncon games.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
I think Froling is able to play in the closed door scrimmages right? I wonder if we do two of those to get him more game situations. Or is he allowed to play in the exhibition? I don't think he is.

I think Eke would be a good candidate as he seems raw and needs to bulk up. I'm pretty high on John.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »

Thanks for compiling this.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
Ed Morrow is leaving Nebraska. Would love if came to MU. Tough big that can rebound, defend, and score around the rim.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »
I think Froling is able to play in the closed door scrimmages right? I wonder if we do two of those to get him more game situations. Or is he allowed to play in the exhibition? I don't think he is.

I think Eke would be a good candidate as he seems raw and needs to bulk up. I'm pretty high on John.

Only the ones that the committee doesn't count when considering bids and seeds.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
Ed Morrow is leaving Nebraska. Would love if came to MU. Tough big that can rebound, defend, and score around the rim.
Grad Transfer or a regular transfer?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »

Murrow would be a fantastic get.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »

Ellinsons don't stay in one place very long.