[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Google Pixel/Pixel XL  (Read 1156 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Google Pixel/Pixel XL
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:15 PM »
Looking to upgrade from my HTC m9, relatively soon.

Anyone have experience with the Pixel or Pixel XL? I'm probably leaning toward the XL, of the 2.

I've also considered waiting until the Galaxy S8/S8+ become available

Stronghold

• All American
Re: Google Pixel/Pixel XL
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
I have had the Pixel for about 5 months.  Previously I owned an LG G3 and Galaxy S5 so the transition was pretty seamless on the Android software.  I love that the Pixel doesn't come loaded with a ton of unnecessary junk (bloatware as it's called I guess).  Design of the phone is very subtle and honestly kind of resembles an iPhone.  Great display and camera.   Only complaint I have is it has a different charger so all of my old Android ones are useless.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:00:15 PM »
I'm an Android guy, and the Pixel is awesome from software point of view, sick camera, but just ugly as sin IMHO.

My Nexus5x was getting a little old, and I just got an s7 for $350 (sold the 5x for $200, so a brand new flagship for not much at all.)

The s7 (flat, not the edge), is the best smartphone I have ever had.  Perfect size (5.1 screen), AMOLED display, super fast, and great camera, SD card slot, water/dust proof).

The s8 look great, but they are both way bigger than my s7, and the aren't making a flat version, only ones with curved displays.

Check it out here.

https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s8/preview/#ftag=CAD-00-10aag7d

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:57:42 AM »
I have had the Pixel for about 5 months.  Previously I owned an LG G3 and Galaxy S5 so the transition was pretty seamless on the Android software.  I love that the Pixel doesn't come loaded with a ton of unnecessary junk (bloatware as it's called I guess).  Design of the phone is very subtle and honestly kind of resembles an iPhone.  Great display and camera.   Only complaint I have is it has a different charger so all of my old Android ones are useless.

Agree on all counts. I got it around the same time you did and like it a lot, except for the charger.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »
I got the Pixel XL the day it came out upgrading from my a Nexus 5x. I have been on the pure Android bandwagon since the Nexus 4 and I won't be going to any other platform. Love the phone all around. Only quibble is I wish it had wireless charging but it seems that Google is moving away from it and it's not 100% waterproof. The later is something I guess they sacrificed in order to hit their launch date but the new one next year will have it.

I personally think it's easily the best phone I have ever owned. Very solid battery life. I love new OS and assistant quite a bit.

The charge changing to USB-C is needed to quick charge which is nice to charge your phone from Dead to 60%+ in an hour.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the XL about 2 weeks ago. Very happy. Battery life is incredible.

feedback