[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Has UNC Turned the Corner on Educational Standards?  (Read 1816 times)

Benny B

• All American
Has UNC Turned the Corner on Educational Standards?
« on: March 27, 2017, 03:37:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/JackSewell_/status/846345410432118785/video/1

Luke Maye: Hits the game winning shot to send UNC to the Final Four Sunday night... in his 8:00a class 12 hours later.  Not just that, an actual class, in an actual lecture hall, with an actual chalkboard and a professor with an actual sport coat.

Then again, Luke did start out as a walk-on at UNC, and we all know why walk-ons are on the roster to begin with.  Perhaps this is just some sort of publicity stunt to distract NCAA attention from the other 12 scholarship players who were still recovering at Chapel Hill's finest nudie bars at 11:30a (despite receiving perfect scores on their 8:00a, 9:00a and 10:00a mid-terms this morning).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Has UNC Turned the Corner on Educational Standards?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:51:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/JackSewell_/status/846345410432118785/video/1

Luke Maye: Hits the game winning shot to send UNC to the Final Four Sunday night... in his 8:00a class 12 hours later.  Not just that, an actual class, in an actual lecture hall, with an actual chalkboard and a professor with an actual sport coat.

Then again, Luke did start out as a walk-on at UNC, and we all know why walk-ons are on the roster to begin with.  Perhaps this is just some sort of publicity stunt to distract NCAA attention from the other 12 scholarship players who were still recovering at Chapel Hill's finest nudie bars at 11:30a (despite receiving perfect scores on their 8:00a, 9:00a and 10:00a mid-terms this morning).

Publicity stunt. Wow, aren't we cynical.

I know I always made sure that a camera was at the ready every time I went to class.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Publicity stunt. Wow, aren't we cynical.

I know I always made sure that a camera was at the ready every time I went to class.

I mean, its off a kids phone, I'm almost positive at least 90% of the students in that class have a phone capable of taking a video.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »
I mean, its off a kids phone, I'm almost positive at least 90% 100% of the students in that class have a phone capable of taking a video.

FIFY.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »
I mean, its off a kids phone, I'm almost positive at least 90% of the students in that class have a phone capable of taking a video.

I try not to explain sarcasm - you either see it or you don't.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »
I try not to explain sarcasm - you either see it or you don't.

Take it easy... kids today don't even know what a daguerreotype is let alone how very few people had them back when you were in class.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 12:52:42 PM »
ya gotta love this one.  this "agent" must have p!ssed someone off.   but the part that really made me chuckle was the comment by north carolina sec. of state, elaine f. marshal-

"But today, everyone in that business knows that when you come to North Carolina, you had better follow the law. And if you don't, we can and we will enforce the law."

unless you're a teacher or a tutor, ein'er??

yeah, if you're up to no good, north carolina ain't the place for you ::) ::) ::) ::)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19180813/ex-nfl-agent-pleads-guilty-multi-year-north-carolina-tar-heels-sports-agent-probe
don't...don't don't don't don't