'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JTIII Canned  (Read 25667 times)

T-Bone

• All American
Re: JTIII Canned
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
I like that Wikipedia had been edited to list him as the coach of Georgetown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tommy_Amaker&oldid=771812647

(been edited to revert the change, but the version linked should show it)
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
I had suggested in the superbar thread awhile back that Amaker would be a good target and that Georgetown University has enough prestige to potentially lure his wife away from Harvard.

The other names I'd target would be Danny Hurley and Patrick Ewing (the latter for obvious reasons).  Hurley has strong East Coast ties and would likely excel at Georgetown.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 01:30:35 PM »
Methinks it will be a GTown Alum.
They haven't had to think about a coaching hire since 1972... so it will be difficult to go outside the "family".

That would leave only one hopeless team in the BEAST...  Unfortunately they're happy being hopeless.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
Bout flippin' time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »
I am going to guess that Patrick Ewing is the next Georgetown coach.

Agreed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
I don't think Tony Bennett is leaving for any other college job, and certainly not this one, but I'd kill to see Tony Bennett there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »
You guys think Crean would be better suited for DePaul or Georgetown?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
You guys think Crean would be better suited for DePaul or Georgetown?

Depaul. Midwest connections and it'd give us an excuse to start hating on Depaul again
Maigh Eo for Sam

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
What about Archie Miller? Did he take another job or is he still at ABDayton?

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:38 PM »
I don't think Tony Bennett is leaving for any other college job, and certainly not this one, but I'd kill to see Tony Bennett there.

But then you'd have to watch his teams play. Hard pass.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »
What about Archie Miller? Did he take another job or is he still at ABDayton?

My guess is he was gonna leave, he would have left of NC State, his alma mater.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »
Good news for the Big East in general as  . However, this will make the league even tougher and put even more premium on winning 11-12 games non conference. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
Casual Hoya tweeted out that's the name they've been hearing.
So, #donedeal or respect the process?
Goal is National Championship

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
Depaul. Midwest connections and it'd give us an excuse to start hating on Depaul again

Right, because we don't pick on DePaul much here.

But I agree.  A new coach at GU will be enough to put butts in seats.  At DePaul though... I don't know if even a new arena will get that done.  Crean is (was?) good at that sort of thing.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
Right, because we don't pick on DePaul much here.

But I agree.  A new coach at GU will be enough to put butts in seats.  At DePaul though... I don't know if even a new arena will get that done.  Crean is (was?) good at that sort of thing.

picking on them is us making fun of the state of the program. Hating them is them being a worthy rival again.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
My guess is he was gonna leave, he would have left of NC State, his alma mater.

I think this is a bad assumption.  I think he has a list like his older bro did and he goes when one of them come calling. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »
I still don't understand why all of you want these BE programs to not lose coaches, and be great all the time. Yeah yeah, prestige. So what? All a better Gtown, Better DePaul etc do is make it harder for MU to win conference championships etc. When this new BE was formed..I was hoping/wanting it to be a conference MU ran roughshod over every year..ala Memphis in CUSA not long ago.

I think all of us here would take being the Gonzaga of the BE. I sure as hell would.

Whatever makes it easier for MU to make the dance every year..I'm all for. If that means a lessor BE overall, so be it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:27:26 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »
I still don't understand why all of you want these BE programs to not lose coaches, and be great all the time. Yeah yeah, prestige. So what? All a better Gtown, Better DePaul etc do is make it harder for MU to win conference championships etc. When this new BE was formed..I was hoping/wanting it to be a conference MU ran roughshod over every year..ala Memphis in CUSA not long ago.

Whatever makes it easier for MU to make the dance every year..I'm all for. If that means a lessor BE overall, so be it.

Strange logic there.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »

Playing in a quality conference full of good teams does make it easier for MU to get into the tourney.
I'd much rather be in a conference 10-8 gets you into the Big Dance, than one in which you have to finish in the top 1 or 2 or win the conference tourney (see: AAC, A-10).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »

I think all of us here would take being the Gonzaga of the BE. I sure as hell would.

Because as soon as Cal left, Memphis became an afterthought. The Big East ads cache.  And it only ads cache when it is strong.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »

Best case scenario would be for MU to go undefeated in conference play, with all other Big East Teams being undefeated in non-con and going 1-1 against all of their other conference opponents, which would be all-out wars with every game being won by a 1-point margin in OT.    ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 02:55:06 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »

Because as soon as Cal left, Memphis became an afterthought. The Big East ads cache.  And it only ads cache when it is strong.

You need to clear that cache every once in awhile.   ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 02:43:42 PM »

You must not be a season ticket holder.  Or even watch many MU games for that matter.  Who wants to watch 20 point wins every night?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »
You must not be a season ticket holder.  Or even watch many MU games for that matter.  Who wants to watch 20 point wins every night?

Been a season ticket holder for 16 years, and watch EVERY road game on TV. I would LOVE to see 20 point wins every night..I don't care how MU wins, as long as they do. Besides, games like that are much easier on my overall health.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

outlookyo

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »

What?? I think everyone on this board would want us to win by 20 points every night in the Big East.

Edit - For sure do not agree with guru saying he prefers a lesser BE.

feedback