'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Duane  (Read 42940 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Duane
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »
Okay, that one is a little bit more real.

Indeed.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »
If it's true - and I suspect it is - I wish him luck at his next stop.  He's been a great player and a great representative of Marquette.  This season he handled a very difficult situation as well as I've ever seen a player handle it.  There's no doubt that his role this season must have been a disappointment, but he took it in stride and was there when we needed him.  Everything I've seen about him reveals a young man that is mature beyond his years.  I'll miss him next season, and hope he finds a great fit.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
It makes me sad, all the good times we had.....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 04:02:46 PM »
If it's true - and I suspect it is - I wish him luck at his next stop.  He's been a great player and a great representative of Marquette.  This season he handled a very difficult situation as well as I've ever seen a player handle it.  There's no doubt that his role this season must have been a disappointment, but he took it in stride and was there when we needed him.  Everything I've seen about him reveals a young man that is mature beyond his years.  I'll miss him next season, and hope he finds a great fit.
it was fake news.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
it was fake news.

Source?

Looked pretty legit.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:16 PM »
Heck, a few days ago he was in tears over the program.  I don't see it happening and where would he go?  Join Sandy at Green Bay....?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »
Unfortunate, but I think it's the right move for him.  Handled a different, and reduced role with class and maturity and will leave with a diploma.  Hope he tears it up wherever he lands next year.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
Lets be real, he needs more playing time to make his impending jump to Europe. He has a kid to support and its coming quick. No hard feelings, probably the best option for him personally. Best of luck Swaggy, you did us well.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »
Lets be real, he needs more playing time to make his impending jump to Europe. He has a kid to support and its coming quick. No hard feelings, probably the best option for him personally. Best of luck Swaggy, you did us well.

Or, again assuming it's confirmed, he could be seeking a basketball paycheck now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
Disappointing if true. I suppose maybe he never quite fit what Wojo wanted, but he handled everything with such class, and seemed to have a great opportunity next season, so I thought he'd be back.

If true, that means all of Buzz's players will be gone. It also means 68 minutes per game have opened at the 2/3 positions with only Cain coming in and Anim returning. Could be a big opportunity for a grad transfer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
Or, again assuming it's confirmed, he could be seeking a basketball paycheck now.

He said in his post he will be graduate transferring

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »

He did say "transfer for my graduate year" in that screengrab of a snapchat.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • Team Whiny Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
Duane - Thanks for all your efforts and good luck @ your next hoop spot, go hard and hoop it up
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

nyg

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 04:13:23 PM »

I don't know how someone will pay him a big paycheck.  He played 15 minutes a game and averaged like 5 points.  Maybe some lower level Europe team, but the money will be very small.  If he goes, hope he transfers to mid major and enjoys one more year and see what happens.  Leave now, don't see that. 

onepost

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
I'm not gonna post another screenshot (and apologies on the prior mixup of my buddy who announced he was retiring from the MLB) but someone sent me some of Duane's cryptic snap quotes from last night and it seems pretty damn certain.

"It's always business, never personal"
"I put my pride to the side and sacrificed everything just to see my brothers eat.  Never complained or cried about it once. Embraced it and rolled with it chin high."

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
Isn't his account Swaggy D or something?  That one posted isn't even close to that.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
I'm not gonna post another screenshot (and apologies on the prior mixup of my buddy who announced he was retiring from the MLB) but someone sent me some of Duane's cryptic snap quotes from last night and it seems pretty damn certain.

"It's always business, never personal"
"I put my pride to the side and sacrificed everything just to see my brothers eat.  Never complained or cried about it once. Embraced it and rolled with it chin high."

For those that missed it and did not read the first page of the thread. Attached is his post saying he will be grad transferring. Makes no sense to jump to the pro's now. He needs more exposure and playing time.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »
Isn't his account Swaggy D or something?  That one posted isn't even close to that.

The screengrab posted is more certainly his snapchat account.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
I don't know how someone will pay him a big paycheck.  He played 15 minutes a game and averaged like 5 points.  Maybe some lower level Europe team, but the money will be very small.  If he goes, hope he transfers to mid major and enjoys one more year and see what happens.  Leave now, don't see that.

Probably right.  Wonder if UWM might be a good option?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »
I love that this might all be fake and the imposter is doing it all on Snap so the majority of this board can't figure out if it's a hoax or not.  This is PEAK Scoop.  I'm so happy to be here.  I will NEVER transfer!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2017, 04:22:55 PM »
I love that this might all be fake and the imposter is doing it all on Snap so the majority of this board can't figure out if it's a hoax or not.  This is PEAK Scoop.  I'm so happy to be here.  I will NEVER transfer!

But JJJJJ confirms thats DU's snapchat.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:25:58 PM by jsglow »

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
Ya but it's not there now. We aren't sure he's transferring

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
Snapchat, Twitter, social media stuff.  Let the young ones on the board figure it out.  Figured MU would have made a statement by now if the kid was leaving.  Sit back and watch. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »
But JJJJJ confirms that DU's snapchat.

Not saying its not impossible for someone to doctor that, but that is his username.  Just seems strange he hasn't posted it on Twitter or Instagram if he's really doing it.  My guess is that will come before too long. 

Bummed about this one.  Love Du, and thought he would have a nice role next year.  But I get it from his standpoint.  Realistically we can upgrade on that roster spot, but his senior leadership would have been nice to have around. 

feedback