[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What type of player would you prefer as a grad transfer?

Physical combo guard
Slashing wing
Strong rebounding big

Author Topic: Biggest Grad Transfer Need  (Read 36640 times)

AZMarqfan

• Starter
Re: Biggest Grad Transfer Need
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
A 6'10" guy from UWGB declared for the draft, but also is graduating with eligibility remaining should the process not go well.  Anyone know if he'd be a fit?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
A 6'10" guy from UWGB declared for the draft, but also is graduating with eligibility remaining should the process not go well.  Anyone know if he'd be a fit?

Kerem Kanter, younger brother of former Kentucky commit and NBA player Enes Kanter. Does a bit of everything up front, though might overlap with what they will expect Harry to do.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »
So...if we really want to go for the scoring midgets route, James Daniel of Howard is transferring and immediately eligible. The 5'10" guard led the country in scoring with 27.1 ppg in 2015-16 but only played 2 games last year.

Honestly, can't see any way they'd look at him here because I don't think he actually fixes any of our issues, but man, we'd have some runts who could flat out score.

Thought I would share this: http://www.dailypress.com/sports/colleges/on-campus-blog/dp-phoebus-grad-james-daniel-iii-to-transfer-from-howard-20170328-story.html

Mentions that he wants to play in either the Big East or Big 10. Don't think we're after another micro-guard but one of our opponents might
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2017, 05:58:20 AM »
Verbal Commits‏ @VerbalCommits · 6h6 hours ago

Rice F Egor Koulechov (RS JR) is leaving the program. Will graduate & is eligible immediately.

Now this is one definitely worth keeping an eye on..Averaged 18.2 pts, 8.9 Rebs, and 47% from 3. Guard/F with size 6'5...AND transferred originally from Arizona State, was there in '13-'14 Stan's first year at ASU, so the relationship is definitely there.

He would fit exactly what MU is trying to do. Can you imagine, the shooting with Him, Markus, Sam and Andrew?? ...UNBELIEVEABLE and unstoppable.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2017, 07:12:37 AM »

Rice F Egor Koulechov (RS JR) is leaving the program. Will graduate & is eligible immediately.

Now this is one definitely worth keeping an eye on..Averaged 18.2 pts, 8.9 Rebs, and 47% from 3. Guard/F with size 6'5...AND transferred originally from Arizona State, was there in '13-'14 Stan's first year at ASU, so the relationship is definitely there.

He would fit exactly what MU is trying to do. Can you imagine, the shooting with Him, Markus, Sam and Andrew?? ...UNBELIEVEABLE and unstoppable.

He is the one I have been waiting for. With the previous relationship with Stan, I don't see anyway we don't reach out. Would be a great fit. Question will be if he just wants to follow Rhoades to VCU.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:52 AM »
VCU was the first place I thought. Gotta feel for Rice, they had a good team coming back that seems to be coming apart on them. If Koulechov can defend, he would be ideal. Imagine a GSW style Death lineup with Howard, Rowsey, Koulechov, Hauser, and Froling. That could be absolutely brutal to defend in stretches.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2017, 08:15:25 AM »

Ohhhh man. Would this ever make me happy.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2017, 09:05:13 AM »
He is the one I have been waiting for. With the previous relationship with Stan, I don't see anyway we don't reach out. Would be a great fit. Question will be if he just wants to follow Rhoades to VCU.

I dont think he will follow Rhoades. The assistant that recruited him to ASU and was then the reason he transferred to Rice..was just named Rice's Head Coach. Egor stated his love for him and what made this decision so hard was him being named head coach. Ironically, he's the asst Stan replaced at ASU.

There is some thought he may explore pro options overseas. That being said I'd be shocked if MU doesn't work this one hard. He is the definition of a perfect fit.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »

Have you run your synergy model (admit I have no idea what that is, but I have seen you mention it), to see if this guy can play any defense?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2017, 09:58:08 AM »
I would make such a mess in my pants with the addition of Egor
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »
Have you run your synergy model (admit I have no idea what that is, but I have seen you mention it), to see if this guy can play any defense?

I did a while ago,  I honestly don't remember but I think it was good. Synergy isn't mine BTW,  it's a website
TAMU

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »
I would make such a mess in my pants with the addition of Egor

What connection does he have to MU?  Why would he consider us?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »
I did a while ago,  I honestly don't remember but I think it was good. Synergy isn't mine BTW,  it's a website

Lol, I didn't mean literally your model, just the model you use.  I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was at least behind a paywall.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »
What connection does he have to MU?  Why would he consider us?

The answer you seek is located on this page of the thread.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:27:41 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2017, 12:28:26 PM »
VCU was the first place I thought. Gotta feel for Rice, they had a good team coming back that seems to be coming apart on them. If Koulechov can defend, he would be ideal. Imagine a GSW style Death lineup with Howard, Rowsey, Koulechov, Hauser, and Froling. That could be absolutely brutal to defend in stretches.

Woof. No clue if we could defend worth a damn, but at the very least, i can assume other teams won't knock down 3s at the same clip.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
Lol, I didn't mean literally your model, just the model you use.  I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was at least behind a paywall.

It is behind a paywall. Andrei got it for paint touches. It's fun  ;D
TAMU

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
6-7 year long lurker here, happy to finally join the board. Just wanted to say Egor would be an outstanding get. That being said, there are a lot of interesting names right now and I'm sure the list will only get longer. Lets reel some in some big fish this year boys.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
Narrowing this down to-- Transfers- Ed Morrow, Nebraska, Noah
Dickerson, Josh Nebo, FRESHMEN: Jamerl Baker or Clifton Moore.
I Like Dickerson and Morrow. Is Morrow a Grad Transfer? How many
do we get?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »
do we get?

Murrow is a traditional transfer.  Has 2 years remaining after a RS year.  Same with Dickerson and Nebo. Non are grad transfers.

Haven't heard anything on Clifton Moore.  Really it was just a follow from Stan.  Not sure there is much there.  Baker probably is only an option if Greg goes to MSU. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »
Murrow is a traditional transfer.  Has 2 years remaining after a RS year.  Same with Dickerson and Nebo. Non are grad transfers.

Haven't heard anything on Clifton Moore.  Really it was just a follow from Stan.  Not sure there is much there.  Baker probably is only an option if Greg goes to MSU.

Maybe. Or its possible that Elliot is only an option if Baker doesn't return the love. From my very inexperienced eye, Baker seem like a better prospect than Elliot.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »

Ran it over lunch. I would categorize him as an average to below average defender. Struggles against the pick and roll so he'll fit right in. Freeman might be more of what we need, but Egor is the better overall prospect IMHO. Combine that with the Stan Johnson connection and Freeman's mysterious 4 game suspension for violation of team rules, I think its more likely we go after the Russian.

Mentioned this elsewhere too but the motivation for transfer might be better with Egor. Freeman is likely transferring because he wants to be the man and showcase himself to the NBA. Egor I think would be happy just playing on a high major team and making the big dance. This of course is just based on the school they are transferring from, I have no idea what their personalities are. But I think transfers from mid/low majors often have a more team focused attitude than a grad transfer from another high major.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
See also, how Reinhardt was on display in November and December before buying in, while Rowsey eased his way into the offense.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2017, 01:48:07 PM »
Maybe. Or its possible that Elliot is only an option if Baker doesn't return the love. From my very inexperienced eye, Baker seem like a better prospect than Elliot.

Oh I completely agree.  I am not overly enamored with Greg.  I'd definitely take him, but I am not going to lose any sleep if he goes elsewhere. I'd rather have Baker.  Just seems to me that we've been in on Elliot for a much longer time, and it would be a little crapty of the Wojo and Co. to tell Elliot now that his offer isn't firm until Baker decides what he is doing.  My guess is it is a first come first serve type of deal, but I admittedly don't know exactly how all this stuff plays out behind the scenes.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
do we get?
Earl your instincts are right on. Morrow and Dickerson would be exactly the kind of guys we need.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Ran it over lunch. I would categorize him as an average to below average defender. Struggles against the pick and roll so he'll fit right in. Freeman might be more of what we need, but Egor is the better overall prospect IMHO. Combine that with the Stan Johnson connection and Freeman's mysterious 4 game suspension for violation of team rules, I think its more likely we go after the Russian.

Mentioned this elsewhere too but the motivation for transfer might be better with Egor. Freeman is likely transferring because he wants to be the man and showcase himself to the NBA. Egor I think would be happy just playing on a high major team and making the big dance. This of course is just based on the school they are transferring from, I have no idea what their personalities are. But I think transfers from mid/low majors often have a more team focused attitude than a grad transfer from another high major.

Could Egor play the 4?  Or is a more of a wing? With his rebound totals, looks like he could play the 4.  Just thinking perhaps Egor and Freeman could both be options, one as a front court player and the other a wing stopper.