[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Haanif... Your Table is Ready.  (Read 16799 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Haanif... Your Table is Ready.
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »
Wonder if HC will be here.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
Do you mean on the team? He isn't transferring now. There is no reason for him to transfer now his role has now gotten larger and he will get more minutes even if we add a recruit and/or a grad transfer/transfer

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:47 PM »
Become ambidextrous and hit the mid-range J baby!!  Positioned for rebounds or dish it back out to doogie or rousey he's got the work ethic. Go forth and execute
don't...don't don't don't don't

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »

After DW departure, he would be crazy to do so.  Must work on right hand all Spring and Summer.  Needs confidence. Can be a major contributor next year if he puts his mind to it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »
Your town has paid coaches for 8 year olds boy's baseball? Yet another sign of the apocalypse.
Lenny, kids sports these days are unbelievably competitive, and as such it has also become a money grab of travel/select teams as young as 6.

In high school I played four sports (no, I couldn't dunk); today is virtually impossible for all but the most exceptional athletes to play more than one, because kids are dedicated to their one sport about 48 weeks per year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
Lenny, kids sports these days are unbelievably competitive, and as such it has also become a money grab of travel/select teams as young as 6.

In high school I played four sports (no, I couldn't dunk); today is virtually impossible for all but the most exceptional athletes to play more than one, because kids are dedicated to their one sport about 48 weeks per year.

Money grab for sure. In my community the travel teams went from just a few kids being able to make the team to there are 4 or 5 "levels" of travel teams....I think kids are starting to realize it is just a money grab, parents too but they are a little slower. Kids get burnt out as well, focusing on a single sport when they are  or 10 is a pretty good recipe for either burn out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »
Which is why I won't let my 10 year old do it.  We play travel ball through his little league, bit I won't let him do the year round specialization thing, even though I have been approached multiple times by the year round coaches.  He played 40 games last year.  Plenty.  Baseball, golf, basketball, just spent 2 months for ninja warrior training.   If he tells me he wants to focus on one, we will discuss it.  Until then, lots of sports.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2017, 10:14:43 PM »
Which is why I won't let my 10 year old do it.  We play travel ball through his little league, bit I won't let him do the year round specialization thing, even though I have been approached multiple times by the year round coaches.  He played 40 games last year.  Plenty.  Baseball, golf, basketball, just spent 2 months for ninja warrior training.   If he tells me he wants to focus on one, we will discuss it.  Until then, lots of sports.
Baseball/Softball seems to me to be the one it is easiest to burn out on.  Not only do they play a very high number of games, the tournament weekends are hellish--two and sometimes three 16-18 hour days, where you could be playing 3-4 games/day.  Ughh. 

We just came back from Spring Break in Vegas where my daughter played with her select team in the Player's Showcase.  There were 64 teams in her bracket, and there we six brackets...for ONE age group. Multiple that by 4 age groups x 18-20 players per team x $3,000+ per player and you can see the money grab it has become.

Funnily enough, my wife and I stopped at a gas station to fill up after dropping my daughter off for warm-ups and she strikes up a conversation with a dude at the next pump wearing an MU shirt.  Turns out he is the MU Woman's soccer coach.  I figured we have a full ride guaranteed!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.