[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Predicting the ban hammer  (Read 12926 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Predicting the ban hammer
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:19:14 PM »
Mayfair, sand knit, who else?

Go Rocky!!!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Predicting the ban hammer
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:21:09 PM »
Itll only make it worse right now because they will make a ton of accounts. Wait a couple days, ban them, and then they wont notice until the start of next season.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:22:20 PM »
Two of the biggest idiots Scoop has seen during my time here.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:24:32 PM »
Can someone  please tell me how to put a poster on IGNORE ???   Its not very easy on this site

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »

This team is horrible defensively, we have no 4 and no 5 and no Pg.  wojo coached the hell out of this team to get us where we are.
He needs to get on the recruiting trail tomoro.  Our talent is not good in the junior n senior class, relative to the ncaa tourney n top of the BE.  As webber says tho future is bright.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 11:27:29 PM »
Can someone  please tell me how to put a poster on IGNORE ???   Its not very easy on this site

Click on profile.

Hover over Modify Profile. Buddies/Ignore List is an option there.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »
Mayfair, sand knit, who else?

Go Rocky!!!

Yeah, ban people because they think Wojo is a bad coach.

I look forward to the excuses when Wojo brings in some good, but not great, players and the same defensive problems occur. 

Talk to someone close to the program who watches the practices.  This is a coaching/teaching/schematic problem.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 11:30:07 PM »
Yeah, ban people because they think Wojo is a bad coach.

I look forward to the excuses when Wojo brings in some good, but not great, players and the same defensive problems occur. 

Talk to someone close to the program who watches the practices.  This is a coaching/teaching/schematic problem.

Name a better replacement that is available and will come right now. Cmon, times ticking.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 11:30:35 PM »
Scoop isn't just a forum to compliment the team. It's a forum to talk basketball. As a fan of our team, it's normal to criticize poor performance. That's what happens when you get embarrassed in a big game. Opinions are valid when they're negative too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
Banning trolls is fine, but if there are legitimate questions about the game then why ban?  If you guys are interested in an echo chamber or a safe space I do not recommend Internet forums.

Toughen up.  True fans stick around, even when it's rough, but dissent is part of free speech.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 11:32:24 PM »
The lack of an athletic 4 that can rebound and defend killed the team all year.  It's too soon to put that on someone like Theo but hopefully he can be that guy eventually.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:20:40 AM by Vander Blue Man Group »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »
Got em corralled for you

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 11:32:52 PM »
Scoop isn't just a forum to compliment the team. It's a forum to talk basketball. As a fan of our team, it's normal to criticize poor performance. That's what happens when you get embarrassed in a big game. Opinions are valid when they're negative too.

There is a difference in voicing valid concerns (see the Will Wojo Adjust theead) and simply being a troll. The posters listed above are simply trolls.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »
Banning trolls is fine, but if there are legitimate questions about the game then why ban?  If you guys are interested in an echo chamber or a safe space I do not recommend Internet forums.

Toughen up.  True fans stick around, even when it's rough, but dissent is part of free speech.

Dissent is fine. However, it's rarely logical here.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
Name a better replacement that is available and will come right now. Cmon, times ticking.

It wouldn't matter who was available.  Wojo's job is the safest in America.  MU is so glad to have no "issues" with the players that wins and losses are at the bottom of priorities.

I don't agree with that philosophy but it's not changing.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »
It wouldn't matter who was available.  Wojo's job is the safest in America.  MU is so glad to have no "issues" with the players that wins and losses are at the bottom of priorities.

I don't agree with that philosophy but it's not changing.

Exactly, you have no answers.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »

You do not find it odd that one of them has not had a single positive post in the history of his posting. Not one. ever?

The other one, ripping on players to a degree that is unhealthy and without class.  Based on his first 20 posts, this isn't his first rodeo either.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »
You do not find it odd that one of them has not had a single positive post in the history of his posting. Not one. ever?

The other one, ripping on players to a degree that is unhealthy and without class.  Based on his first 20 posts, this isn't his first rodeo either.

Not what I said at all, and I'm not taking sides or speaking about specific posters.

I got called a whiner for voicing valid criticism, and that's what my post was in reference to... understanding the difference.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 12:00:45 AM »
Exactly, you have no answers.

But it's a valid point. It does seem like the powers that be would prefer a clean program over a consistently successful program. Ironically, the rough around the edges mindset that made MU nationally relevant is now frowned upon by the suits.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 12:08:43 AM »
But it's a valid point. It does seem like the powers that be would prefer a clean program over a consistently successful program. Ironically, the rough around the edges mindset that made MU nationally relevant is now frowned upon by the suits.

Here's the kicker of the crap you and Goose bring up.  You seem to claim that MU's desire to be "clean" is keeping them from being great.  Well, that's BS.  MU would accept any player that UNC, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA would.  They'd even accept a few isolated transgressions from those players.

But it's not MU's "restrictions" keeping those players from coming to MU.  It's the fact that they'd rather attend the 4 aforementioned programs.  Wojo is recruiting plenty of talent.  You just don't think the talent is good enough.  Tough crap...it is.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 12:44:24 AM »
Here's the kicker of the crap you and Goose bring up.  You seem to claim that MU's desire to be "clean" is keeping them from being great.  Well, that's BS.  MU would accept any player that UNC, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA would.  They'd even accept a few isolated transgressions from those players.

But it's not MU's "restrictions" keeping those players from coming to MU.  It's the fact that they'd rather attend the 4 aforementioned programs.  Wojo is recruiting plenty of talent.  You just don't think the talent is good enough.  Tough crap...it is.

Marquette wouldn't tolerate the academic fraud that UNC has committed year after year. And that impacts recruiting. We also wouldn't tolerate Josh Jackson's abuses, both verbal and vehicular. Our BOT would run as far away from LaVar Ball as this nation's borders would permit. Because that kind of publicity ruffles feathers.

So, you know, there are those things to consider.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
Marquette wouldn't tolerate the academic fraud that UNC has committed year after year.

True, MU has never been accused of that.  But on the heels of decades of success, they've proven the *might* turn a blind eye.

We also wouldn't tolerate Josh Jackson's abuses, both verbal and vehicular.

On an individual basis (!), I'd argue again that Marquette has shown it's willing to support a student athlete that has strayed for a brief moment from being a model citizen.  In fact, they've supported worse than Jackson.

Our BOT would run as far away from LaVar Ball as this nation's borders would permit.

Again, Marquette has proven they will deal with overbearing parents.  It might not be their preferred MO, but there's no restriction there.  At least not for a year of athletic service....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 01:15:06 AM »
There is a difference in voicing valid concerns (see the Will Wojo Adjust theead) and simply being a troll. The posters listed above are simply trolls.
^This
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 03:29:29 AM »
Two of the biggest idiots Scoop has seen during my time here.

There have been many idiots on this site and Goose has seen them all. This is saying something.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 07:00:24 AM »
Rocky

I would expect better from you. Please do not put words in my mouth. I have not said MU's desire to be clean is keeping them from being great. Plenty of other factors, but nothing to do with being clean or not. Time to ban myself.

Good luck moving forward,Rocky!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:25:11 AM by Goose »