'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: New arena info  (Read 42171 times)

geagles10

• Starter
New arena info
« on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: New arena info
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
Hope the seats aren't green.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
Hope the seats aren't green.

.....bright Notre Dame Green.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »
I haven't heard a word anywhere about Marquette playing in this arena.  Are we sure we are a part of this deal?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
Last I heard it is still expected but details aren't finalized. At the end of the day, they need to fill dates, and we guarantee them 18-20 filled dates. I expect it to get done. The whole naming rights thing with the athletic medicine facility didn't help.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »
Last I heard it is still expected but details aren't finalized. At the end of the day, they need to fill dates, and we guarantee them 18-20 filled dates. I expect it to get done. The whole naming rights thing with the athletic medicine facility didn't help.

Where would we play otherwise?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »

I just read an article about Lovell and fundraising that mentions it. I don't think the partnership with the Bucks is happening based on how they avoid mentioning it other than "unsure of their role." It does mention we are negotiating the rent for the stadium.

https://www.biztimes.com/2017/ideas/educationworkforce-development/make-way-for-marquette/

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
I just read an article about Lovell and fundraising that mentions it. I don't think the partnership with the Bucks is happening based on how they avoid mentioning it other than "unsure of their role." It does mention we are negotiating the rent for the stadium.

https://www.biztimes.com/2017/ideas/educationworkforce-development/make-way-for-marquette/

Yeah...when we went with Aurora for the naming rights, I don't think it sat too well as the Bucks had an arrangement with Froedtert. Sounds like there may be separate facilities now, which seems somewhat odd, putting two new sports medicine facilities in the same area.

As far as where else we'd play...I'm going with the "crickets" answer. It'd be tough to get into the Arena, and the Al would seem inadequate. I suspect it will get done and won't end up being an issue.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
I haven't heard a word anywhere about Marquette playing in this arena.  Are we sure we are a part of this deal?

While the lease may not have been signed yet, ESPN and the Milwaukee Business Journal are reporting Marquette is going to be playing in the new arena.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/16284190/groundbreaking-set-new-milwaukee-bucks-arena
The arena will also host Marquette University basketball games, concerts and other events.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2016/01/marquette-sports-research-center-bucks-made-news.html
Marquette's men's basketball program will be a major tenant at the new Bucks arena scheduled to open in 2018

Remember, the Sports District, not the Bucks, owns the new arena.  Bucks have very little say in whether MU can play there; however, even if they did, it's highly preposterous that they would stand in the way.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
"The Al would seem inadequate " has to be one of the all time understatements ever!

They will work it out......we have no other options.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
"The Al would seem inadequate " has to be one of the all time understatements ever!

They will work it out......we have no other options.

As I typed that, I laughed thinking about what an insane demand there would be for tickets. Those fortunate enough to get season tickets, even the crappy ones, could just about name their price once conference play came around (or the Wisconsin game, which will be there the first year).

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
We will be playing in the new arena. There is no question, they couldn't afford it without Marquette and Marquette has no where else to play. This is called a symbiotic relationship.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
We will be playing in the new arena. There is no question, they couldn't afford it without Marquette and Marquette has no where else to play. This is called a symbiotic relationship.

If the seats are green, I think we should take a pass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 05:44:27 PM »

I'm not sure its necessarily true that they couldn't afford it without Marquette.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
I'm not sure its necessarily true that they couldn't afford it without Marquette.

Considering Marquette isn't contributing anything to the construction, I'm going to agree with this. We will be the secondary tenant, and it does fill 20 dates for them, but it's not impossible to fill that without our presence. There are 30 NBA teams, how many share a venue with a college team, 3? Other than us, Georgetown, and St. John's, are there any others?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »
Considering Marquette isn't contributing anything to the construction, I'm going to agree with this. We will be the secondary tenant, and it does fill 20 dates for them, but it's not impossible to fill that without our presence. There are 30 NBA teams, how many share a venue with a college team, 3? Other than us, Georgetown, and St. John's, are there any others?

Nova.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »

Where exactly do you think they would play if not the new arena?

GOO

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 05:58:18 PM »
I was concerned about the Bucks holding all of the cards in the negotiations.  Our only leverage is to negotiate with UWM for dates at the Mecca or say we'll play at the Al for 2 years and build an on campus arena... Not a good negotiating position for MU... But that's life.

I'm sure it will be worked out, but on more favorable terms to the Bucks than it should be.  Too bad Marc Marotta isn't around...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 06:30:30 PM »
It is too bad Marc is not around for a lot reasons. Still miss him big time and cannot believe gone almost two years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »

My guess is that there are very few NBA arenas that don't share with a college basketball team or a professional hockey team.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
They couldn't afford it without Marquette?????

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »

My guess is that there are very few NBA arenas that don't share with a college basketball team or a professional hockey team.

More than you'd think. I count at least 12 NBA arenas that do not also currently host a college basketball team or a professional hockey team.

Detroit, Indiana, Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Houston, Minnesota, Sacramento, Phoenix,  Utah, and arguably Portland (co-host the Portland Winterhawks of the Major Junior Level (amateur) Western Hockey League).
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 07:03:42 PM »
More than you'd think. I count at least 12 NBA arenas that do not also currently host a college basketball team or a professional hockey team.

Detroit, Indiana, Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Houston, Minnesota, Sacramento, Phoenix,  Utah, and arguably Portland (co-host the Portland Winterhawks of the Major Junior Level (amateur) Western Hockey League).

Huh.  Well I stand corrected.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »

#PoorGuess
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:50 PM »
Where would we play otherwise?

Allstate Arena...sharing it with Northwestern next year.

feedback