[Today at 07:19:53 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch  (Read 29204 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »
NM.... this thread is about Bucky Choking Down the Stretch.  I thought it was about Bucky Choking Down "The Stretch."

As the thread keeps getting bumped...I always come back to this post.  It's difficult not to read the title and chuckle.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »
They start four seniors, this is their last run for a few years.

Koenig, Hayes, Brown, and Showalter are all starters

Combined:

Minutes 113 (56% of the 200 minutes per game)
Points 43.2 (59% of the 73/game they average)
Rebounds 13.4 (36% of the 37 per game they average)

So I'm calling it now, their NCAA streak ends this year.

Yes they have Happ returning.  They can only go so far with Happ and a bunch of question marks, including Trice and Iverson. 

See MU last year, could not make the tourney (or the NIT) with first rounder Ellenson and a bunch of question marks.  See LSU last year, they could not make the tourney with No.1 pick Simmons and a bunch of question marks.

Just like Bucky has choked down the stretch.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »

He also predicted MU would be nowhere near the tournament this season

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2017, 01:13:09 PM »

And Apple stock wasn't a smart buy.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »

That was a statement of fact ... they went 1 - 6 into the BiG tourney and gave away the regular season title to Purdue.  But go ahead and keep your jihad going.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2017, 01:46:33 PM »

Please provide the link because I never said anything like this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »
That was a statement of fact ... they went 1 - 6 into the BiG tourney and gave away the regular season title to Purdue.  But go ahead and keep your jihad going.

Lotta game left. Respect the process. I'd take their "choking down the stretch" every year. A conference tourney finals appearance and a S16 (maybe more?) is, in no way, choking down the stretch.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2017, 04:54:13 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=51900.msg840401

Yep, and here's what we in the newspaper biz used to call Smuggles' "nut graf":

I'm having a hard time believing next year's team is better than last year's team.  And last year's team could not make the NIT with a lottery pick.

Later in the thread, Smuggles actually did what he almost never does ... ate crow.

It's nasty when people use one's own statements against them. Much easier when one employs one's own alternative facts. Like his idol now pretending to be president, Smuggles does this often.

#actualfacts
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »
That was a year ago, how about when I changed that call last fall?

You look it up since you have all my post memorized.

FYI 82, you agreed with me last year about letting Wally ago and replacing him with nothing

#actualfacts

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »

FYI 82, you agreed with me last year about letting Wally ago and replacing him with nothing

#actualfacts

You shifted goalposts?!  SHOCKING!

Hard to be wrong when you cover all your bases with every possible scenario, and then say you nailed it when 1 of your 5 predictions on the same subject hits.  Well done Smuggles!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2017, 12:05:23 AM »

#actualfacts

Please provide context to my agreeing with you on Wally. Not saying I didn't wonder about the situation at the time, I'd just like to be reminded what I said if you think it's important to point out that I said something.

I memorize nothing. I have a memory like a sieve. I was just looking through that thread and laughing at your "expertise" in every freaking subject, from basketball to politics to investing to macrame, for all I know.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
Please provide context to my agreeing with you on Wally. Not saying I didn't wonder about the situation at the time, I'd just like to be reminded what I said if you think it's important to point out that I said something.

I memorize nothing. I have a memory like a sieve. I was just looking through that thread and laughing at your "expertise" in every freaking subject, from basketball to politics to investing to macrame, for all I know.

The original point of the post above was Wally was forced off the team.  Everyone here said it was to make a spot of some wonderful transfer coming in.  I was fine with all of this.

Then Kalif Young went tp Providence and we wound up with nothing but an empty chair.  My comment above was this is how a 8 - 10 team stays 8 - 10.  Throw guys off the team and replace them with nothing.  Note that no one claimed Wally was a head case or cancer in the locker room.  He was just not good enough.

You agreed that the optics looked bad

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=post;quote=840224;topic=51754.150;last_msg=840393

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
The original point of the post above was Wally was forced off the team.  Everyone here said it was to make a spot of some wonderful transfer coming in.  I was fine with all of this.

Then Kalif Young went tp Providence and we wound up with nothing but an empty chair.  My comment above was this is how a 8 - 10 team stays 8 - 10.  Throw guys off the team and replace them with nothing.  Note that no one claimed Wally was a head case or cancer in the locker room.  He was just not good enough.

You agreed that the optics looked bad

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=post;quote=840224;topic=51754.150;last_msg=840393

When you aren't putting in the work that the rest of the team is required to put in, I have no problem with the coach deciding your scholarship is no longer there for you.  Said it at the time, holds true still.

feedback