[Today at 08:10:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch  (Read 29216 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Bucky Choking Down The Stretch
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »
Bucky was BEAT DOWN by tOSU tonight.  Lost by 10 but the game was far from being that close.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400914945

(tOSU scored 83, one off the most points Bucky allowed this year ... that would be 84 by MU in December)

Bucky is 1 - 3 in their last 4 and are now 1 game behind Purdue in the B1G.  Bucky has led the B1G everyday this season until tonight.

Choking down the stretch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:14:59 PM by Dread Pirate Roberts »

AZMarqfan

• Starter
Re: Bucky Choking Down The Stretch
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:22:05 PM »
Bucky also should have lost 2 other games right before they're stretch.  In one game, they were down 7 in the last minute, and the other team couldn't make a FT.  In another, they had an equally crazy comeback. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
There goes Milwaukee as their tournament site, most likely.  Won't get their own Pod.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »
There goes Milwaukee as their tournament site, most likely.  Won't get their own Pod.

Lots MU fans with big money reselling dreams in their heads have more reason to hate Bucky.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:52 AM »
Wisco looks bad lately
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »
The rodents played well early in the year, especially against Marquette.  Now their play is awful.  What ever happen to Hayes, the self proclaimed best player on their team?  He looks like he should find another line of work.  He stands around flat footed, doesn't jump or run and is a poor shooter.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
Stop getting my hopes up for a one and done for the Badgers, people.

You know what's gonna happen.  There'll be a "team meeting" and the team will suddenly play way better, get on a winning streak and be the talk of the NCAAs as they unexpectedly beat a bunch of teams.   >:(

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »

You know what's gonna happen.  There'll be a "team meeting" and the team will suddenly play way better, get on a winning streak and be the talk of the NCAAs as they unexpectedly beat a bunch of teams.   >:(

If they can hold onto the 5 seed, I actually like them to go down to one of the top MM in the first round 5/12 matchup - Middle Tennessee, UNC-W, Akron, Nevada, Texas Arlington, Monmouth - one of those.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »
If they can hold onto the 5 seed, I actually like them to go down to one of the top MM in the first round 5/12 matchup - Middle Tennessee, UNC-W, Akron, Nevada, Texas Arlington, Monmouth - one of those.

A UW/Marquette 5/12 matchup?

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
I sure hope as someone who has tickets, that Bucky is not in Milwaukee.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »

Yup. Some cat like Van Vliet or Pritzl will get hot and they'll make the second weekend.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 08:32:55 AM »

Lunardi had UW as the 5 playing in North Carolina the other day. First game UNC-Wilmington, second game Duke.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:42 AM »
Lunardi had UW as the 5 playing in North Carolina the other day. First game UNC-Wilmington, second game Duke.

A little surprising since they were a 5 seed at best with the Top-16. That was before starting their slide, unless the Maryland win separates them from the 6 seed pack.

As someone who hasn't bought tickets yet, but plans to, I'm rooting hard against Bucky in Milwaukee.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
A little surprising since they were a 5 seed at best with the Top-16. That was before starting their slide, unless the Maryland win separates them from the 6 seed pack.

As someone who hasn't bought tickets yet, but plans to, I'm rooting hard against Bucky in Milwaukee.

Agreed. I think Bucky is a lot closer to the 7 line than the 5.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 08:50:31 AM »
I sure hope as someone who has tickets, that Bucky is not in Milwaukee.

The NCAA is all about selling tickets. If there is ANY chance in hell of UW playing in Milwaukee, the NCAA will make it happen. Fannies in the seats are much more important than punishing North Carolina for 30 years of blatant academic fraud.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
Starters are playing a ton of minutes and they get on offensive droughts because of a lack of shooting.  4 of their top five in minutes are also seniors.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
The NCAA is all about selling tickets. If there is ANY chance in hell of UW playing in Milwaukee, the NCAA will make it happen. Fannies in the seats are much more important than punishing North Carolina for 30 years of blatant academic fraud.

While true, I don't think the NCAA will want to penalize a highly ranked opponent forcing a road game on them.  I would be pissed as hell if that were my school.

Question. Is Butler allowed to play in Indy as that is not its home gym?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »

^This.  I won't celebrate until the final buzzer and they are booted from the tournament.  Too many runs for me to count my fowls before they complete incubating.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 09:28:30 AM »
While true, I don't think the NCAA will want to penalize a highly ranked opponent forcing a road game on them.  I would be pissed as hell if that were my school.
Kinda like being a 3 seed and having to play 6 seed Murray State in Louisville...

Question. Is Butler allowed to play in Indy as that is not its home gym?
Yes, because they're not the host.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:34:50 AM by Litehouse »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »

I think it was 2005 or so when 6 seed Bucky got placed in Milwaukee.  Fortunately, Pitt beat them in round 2.

So there is precedent for crazy placement.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
The rodents played well early in the year, especially against Marquette.  Now their play is awful.  What ever happen to Hayes, the self proclaimed best player on their team?  He looks like he should find another line of work.  He stands around flat footed, doesn't jump or run and is a poor shooter.

He's fallen back into old habits from last year. He looked like he found himself earlier this season, but he's slipped back into doing  too much.

To be fair, no one except Hayes thinks he's the best player on that team. Happ is a bad man.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2017, 09:38:02 AM »
I'm kind of curious about the how Gard is viewed in Badger land. He brought that team back last year, but they were talented and Bo was checked out. They lose a lot of players and it seems like they've been lost any time Koenig has been out or not played well.

His recruiting seems to be pretty good, and they seem to always have guys step up. Just will be interesting to see how they finish the year.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
^This.  I won't celebrate until the final buzzer and they are booted from the tournament.  Too many runs for me to count my fowls before they complete incubating.

Agree. Not getting my hopes up.

There are some truths we should hold to be self-evident at this time of the year.

Michigan State, having been left for dead because of a non-con schedule that included four NBA teams, will get in.
Syracuse, having been left for dead because the old man has finally lost it, will get in.
Bucky, having been left for dead because nobody can shoot in February, finds its stroke just in time to reach the second weekend in March.

What else?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »
They'll be fine. Trice and Iverson will be nice pieces with Happ next year, and Kobe King is really good.

What will determine how they do is how guys like Illikanen, Pritzl, Thomas progress.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
Most seats are sold at the Bradley Center. Only upper deck seats behind the baskets are left.