[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Felony warrant issued for Creighton point guard Maurice Watson Jr.  (Read 17221 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Felony warrant issued for Creighton point guard Maurice Watson Jr.
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2017, 11:48:21 PM »
Ok still there is the pure physics involved .  She would have to be on top which by definition takes away from the rape charge.

Dude had surgery on February 6 according to his Twitter feed.  His knee was not fine to play college basketball, it was fine to do many other things.  I think you should be quiet on this subject.  His knee has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:03 PM »
Ok still there is the pure physics involved .  She would have to be on top which by definition takes away from the rape charge.

MFINY, you've said some dumb crap on Scoop over the years, but this one takes the cake. 

I'm embarrassed that the words you wrote here, and in your other posts on this subject, appeared on a message board associated with the University I graduated from.  It's sickening and I'm disgusted.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
I'm sure it does happen, but very rarely with sexual assault. DAs like cases that are winnable. Its currently estimated that 98% of rapists never spend a day in jail. Part of that is because of undereporting but most of it is because sexual assault is next to impossible to prove in our judicial system. A vast majority of cases never get heard because the DA knows that they'll never win in court. I would guess your "frequently" is probably less than 0.5% of the time. Certainly possible but highly improbable.

Everyone brings up Duke LAX. I wouldn't be so sure it is the golden example you are looking for. The DA was a moron and did break the law to try and make his case. But that doesn't necessarily mean that something horrible didn't happen to that young woman at that party.
She was a proven liar and convicted murderer.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:59:02 PM by Marquette Fan In NY »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2017, 11:53:16 PM »
MFINY, you've said some dumb crap on Scoop over the years, but this one takes the cake. 

I'm embarrassed that the words you wrote here, and in your other posts on this subject, appeared on a message board associated with the University I graduated from.  It's sickening and I'm disgusted.
Here is some data from Columbia University on the specifics of the physics .
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/problems-c-l-lead-problems-s-e-x
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/problems-c-l-lead-problems-s-e-x

That's a freaking advice column. 

Go away. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 11:59:27 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/attorney-maurice-watson-adamantly-denies-sexual-assault-allegation-is-returning/article_c33741a8-faba-11e6-80b2-43586d6edf9a.html

I believe Watson.

That's fine if you do. I'm not sure what you base this belief on. He refused to speak to police. Literally the only statement that he has been made was his lawyer saying he denies the allegations. I don't believe one side or the other at this point, but from my experience in dealing with these cases, the DA bringing first degree charges and an arrest warrant leads me to believe that their must be strong evidence.

I do think it is questionable that you would automatically jump to the defense of an accused rapist when there has been no evidence made public that supports him. You don't have to jump to the defense of the young woman by why jump at all?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
That's a freaking advice column. 

Go away.
There is some good analysis as to impacts on the knee in chart form.
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »
Watson is being used by over zealous prosecutors.

Ordinarily I am law and order. I smell a scam here. Explain how a kid with a torn ACL rapes a woman in a bathroom when he is hours away from his surgery .

I don't like to make comments on posters' personalities because (at least as far as I know) I've never met any (or at least many) of you.  I will disagree with posters on their opinions, say they're online clowns or tough guys, etc. (all of which I am guilty to myself), but I try to stay away from making comments about who someone is as a person, even the people I disagree with most on here.  I am certain I have failed at that at times, but I try not to talk about how someone is this or that because I wouldn't know.

Now having said that, what the eff is wrong with you?  This is disgusting.  I am dead serious about this, get some friggin help.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:06:40 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2017, 12:06:06 AM »
That's fine if you do. I'm not sure what you base this belief on. He refused to speak to police. Literally the only statement that he has been made was his lawyer saying he denies the allegations. I don't believe one side or the other at this point, but from my experience in dealing with these cases, the DA bringing first degree charges and an arrest warrant leads me to believe that their must be strong evidence.

I do think it is questionable that you would automatically jump to the defense of an accused rapist when there has been no evidence made public that supports him. You don't have to jump to the defense of the young woman by why jump at all?
You are taking the exact opposite position and saying because the DA is bringing charges he is likely guilty.

It is not a popular thing these days to back an accused rapist but I truly believe there is more to the story here.

It is the same feeling I had when Nick Noskowiak first said he was depressed. I said there was more going on and people accused me of being insensitive etc,  well guess what I was right.
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »
I don't like to make comments on posters' personalities because (at least as far as I know) I've never met any (or at least many) of you.  I will disagree with posters on their opinions, say they're online clowns or tough guys, etc. (all of which I am guilty to myself), but I try to stay away from making comments about who someone is as a person, even the people I disagree with most on here.  I am certain I have failed at that at times, but I try not to talk about how someone is this or that because I wouldn't know.

Now having said that, what the eff is wrong with you?  This is disgusting.  I am dead serious about this, get some friggin help.
Watson is a good guy and I am trying to defend him.
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2017, 12:08:49 AM »
She was a proven liar and convicted murderer.

Proven liar? Or vulnerable sexual assault survivor who lied under the direction of an idiotic and corrupt DA? I don't know. I have many networks in this field, including some who worked on this case directly. They have led me to believe that the second might be true. They also all agree that the 30 for 30 was misleading at best.

The convicted murderer piece didn't happen until after the case. Not excusing what she had done but after everything she went through, I'm not surprised she had a mental break. I can give you all sorts of research on the mental trauma caused by sexual assault and the possible after effects.
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2017, 12:09:31 AM »
You are taking the exact opposite position and saying because the DA is bringing charges he is likely guilty.

It is not a popular thing these days to back an accused rapist but I truly believe there is more to the story here.

It is the same feeling I had when Nick Noskowiak first said he was depressed. I said there was more going on and people accused me of being insensitive etc,  well guess what I was right.

You diagnosed Noskowiak based on...what?

Man, all we really need is MUFNNY to look at a case and let his gut decision decide whether someone is guilty, mentally ill, etc.

Seriously.  Get help.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

1. .....that's an advice column. Just because it has Columbia University stamped on it doesn't mean its a scholarly article.

2. This is about a woman having trouble orgasming after an ACL injury. Not a man having trouble having sex after an acl injury. So not related.

3. Also, this article contradicts your point. You said that she would have to be on top which means it couldn't be rape (which is SO SO SO very wrong). The chart shows that you can have sex in multiple positions with a knee injury.
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2017, 12:15:20 AM »
Proven liar? Or vulnerable sexual assault survivor who lied under the direction of an idiotic and corrupt DA? I don't know. I have many networks in this field, including some who worked on this case directly. They have led me to believe that the second might be true. They also all agree that the 30 for 30 was misleading at best.

The convicted murderer piece didn't happen until after the case. Not excusing what she had done but after everything she went through, I'm not surprised she had a mental break. I can give you all sorts of research on the mental trauma caused by sexual assault and the possible after effects.
The girl was mentally unstable from day 1.

The recent Sacred Heart case is very relevant to this case.

The Big elephant in the room is of course our own recent history. Whose side are you taking there?
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2017, 12:17:15 AM »
1. .....that's an advice column. Just because it has Columbia University stamped on it doesn't mean its a scholarly article.

2. This is about a woman having trouble orgasming after an ACL injury. Not a man having trouble having sex after an acl injury. So not related.

3. Also, this article contradicts your point. You said that she would have to be on top which means it couldn't be rape (which is SO SO SO very wrong). The chart shows that you can have sex in multiple positions with a knee injury.
The one item in the chart with question mark  which related was standing Which is what he would have to do.
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »

But I'm not. I've said repeatedly I don't believe either side without being able to see all the evidence myself. I have not said that he is guilty once. You on the other hand have definitely said this is a scam and he is innocent.

Based on the information I have, I am leaning towards believing the young woman. But that is based on the evidence that a DA is bringing first degree charges when I work in this field and I know how rare that is. The only evidence that has been presented on the other side is a lawyer saying he didn't do it. But again, my mind is far from made up.

Again, saying I think there might be more to the story is one thing. Saying definitively that this is scam is another.
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2017, 12:29:59 AM »
The one item in the chart with question mark  which related was standing Which is what he would have to do.
The girl was mentally unstable from day 1.

The recent Sacred Heart case is very relevant to this case.

The Big elephant in the room is of course our own recent history. Whose side are you taking there?

From what I have heard, yes she was. Which would be consistent with someone who was sexually assaulted.

Why is the Sacred Heart case relevant? Does that also mean the thousands of cases where someone accused someone of sexual assault and they actually did it are also relevant?

TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2017, 12:37:14 AM »

So Alice from AskAlice put a ? next to standing and that means someone with an ACL injury couldn't commit a sexual assault huh?

1. There are dozens of positions that don't involve standing, including ones she listed on her chart.
2. He was more than capable of standing. We saw him walk out on to the court on his own power during the Marquette game.
3. You are assuming it was vaginal or anal penetration. I could have been oral or digital penetration.
4. You can still rape someone even if they are on top.

He might be innocent. I have no idea. But his knee was not capable of stopping him from committing a sexual assault if he wanted to.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:48:27 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

fjm

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 01:22:26 AM »
Props to MUFNY for taking the unpopular opinion side. But holy balls he's lost it. Unreadable and ridiculous.

Sure Watson is innocent until proven guilty.

But this is embarrassing and semi-moronic MUFNY.

I thought you were silly when you said MU needs to win 4 straight to get to the tourney... but now I see you're nuts.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2017, 04:13:31 AM »
Watson is a good guy and I am trying to defend him.

1. How do you know Watson is a good guy?

2. If his lawyer relies upon most of the "defense" you have provided in this comment stream, he will end up in prison for many years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Creighton suspends injured Maurice Watson for misconduct
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2017, 05:07:35 AM »
You and I part ways on that one.

I understand Glow and what I think I'm meaning is I feel like someone made a really dumb decision that hurt someone badly. Punishment is warranted if convicted and you feel bad because there was so much in front of this person.

I feel bad because I hate to see wasted talent.

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Creighton suspends injured Maurice Watson for misconduct
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2017, 05:29:23 AM »
Possible, but to be honest, just about every school has been accused of mishandling a sexual assault case in the past 6 years. Its become a part of the process.

Except for ND.  They're God's team, and can do no wrong.  Just ask them. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2017, 05:38:39 AM »

Don't feed the troll.  He was obviously dropped on his head by his mother.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2017, 05:49:03 AM »
Prosecutors bring false  charges to further their political careers. Happens frequently.  Great example Duke Lacrosse about 10 years ago. More recently look at the bogus charges made by DA in Baltimore , where every case was thrown out.

The accusers in these situations are frequently unstable liars.

Women who state they were raped are "frequently unstable liars"???

Holy crap

feedback