[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 269269 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #1750 on: October 18, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »
Even with that ugly start against the Brewers, Montgomery went 5-5 with a 4.15 ERA and a 1.14 WHIP in 14 starts and that was typically with a pitch count of around 80-90. I'd take those numbers from a back-of-the-rotation guy.

Ha, I know (Lord knows we suffered through Garza). Just recalling a fond moment from this season.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1751 on: October 18, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »
Here you go.

So asking if over 0.5 Cubs players had taken PEDs and reciting an odd statistic that ESPN had out there is saying the entire Cubs rotation was on PEDS? Odd conclusion there but okay I guess.

I guess you also failed to read slightly further when I was directly asked that exact question:

I'll probably regretting asking/engaging but I'm genuinely curious about something.

I just need a Yes/No answer to this. Nothing more.

Is your contention that all 5 Cubs starting pitchers were taking PEDs during the 2016 season and then, either collectively or individually, decided to stop using them for the 2017 season?

My response was:

No.

So if by, “No,” you took my answer to mean, “Yes,” then yeah, I said all 5 starters for the Cubs were on PEDs.

Glad you finally got back to me on that. The Cubs losing must’ve opened up some extra time for you to research and come up with answers that prove I never said that.

Now if unleashrowsey will find where I said I don’t care about sports we can bury that one too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:19:23 PM by QuentinsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1752 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »
Home team undefeated in the ALCS.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1753 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:27 PM »
Home team undefeated in the ALCS.

Boy, hard to bet against the Yanks at this point.  They will get Verlander, but they counter with Severino, along with that bullpen which is just unreal.  Even with Betances unable to get anyone out, they have been dominant. 

Great start by Tanaka tonight.  He killed my fantasy team this year in the first half, but he has been himself ever since. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1754 on: October 18, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »
Verlander does Verlander things on Friday.  Sabathia is a huge advantage in game 7.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1755 on: October 18, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »
Jacob Turner looks like a refugee from Thorin Oakenshield's merry band of dwarves.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1756 on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
Jacob Turner looks like a refugee from Thorin Oakenshield's merry band of dwarves.

Justin not to be confused with former terrible white sox, marlins etc pitcher,  Jacob Turner.

By the way, I think Alex Wood knew Contreras hit a HR before he swung.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:44:56 PM by buckchuckler »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1757 on: October 18, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »
Justin not to be confused with former terrible white sox, marlins etc pitcher,  Jacob Turner.

The same Jacob Turner who was acquired for the "stretch run" of the Cubs 89-loss, 2014 season? I hated that guy.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1758 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen a more egregious umpiring decision than that "foul tip" call in the top of the 8th.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1759 on: October 18, 2017, 11:24:42 PM »
Right call to keep Davis in. No other choice, you worry about tomorrow when it gets there. Got to win one, to win four.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1760 on: October 18, 2017, 11:38:36 PM »
Right call to keep Davis in. No other choice, you worry about tomorrow when it gets there. Got to win one, to win four.

Paid off, but I would have gone to Strop in the 8th. I think he's appeared in 4-5 of the first 8 games, and I don't believe he's allowed more than 1 baserunner any of those times.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1761 on: October 18, 2017, 11:44:27 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen a more egregious umpiring decision than that "foul tip" call in the top of the 8th.

Another joke.  The process is seriously broken.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1762 on: October 18, 2017, 11:51:13 PM »
Honestly, baseball should adopt a cricket style replay system.

Joke all you want, but cricket has some pretty advanced stuff including "ultra edge" which is basically a sound meter to see if a player nicked the ball or not, as well as a heat map to see where an object hit.

It's spot on and takes like 30 seconds to figure out.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1763 on: October 19, 2017, 12:30:49 AM »
So asking if over 0.5 Cubs players had taken PEDs and reciting an odd statistic that ESPN had out there is saying the entire Cubs rotation was on PEDS? Odd conclusion there but okay I guess.

I guess you also failed to read slightly further when I was directly asked that exact question:

My response was:

So if by, “No,” you took my answer to mean, “Yes,” then yeah, I said all 5 starters for the Cubs were on PEDs.

Glad you finally got back to me on that. The Cubs losing must’ve opened up some extra time for you to research and come up with answers that prove I never said that.

Now if unleashrowsey will find where I said I don’t care about sports we can bury that one too.

If you aren’t implying that they took steroids then what are you hinting at?  Keep in mind you included this with all of your Arrieta PED theories.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1764 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:14 AM »

By the way, I think Alex Wood knew Contreras hit a HR before he swung.

Correct.   Stupid fat fingers and distracted brain. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1765 on: October 19, 2017, 06:41:12 AM »
If you aren’t implying that they took steroids then what are you hinting at?  Keep in mind you included this with all of your Arrieta PED theories.

I did include this with all my Arietta PED stuff? Which part? The first post you quoted, which had nothing to do with all 5 starters on the Cubs, or any starter really, was posted on September 22. The next 2 are from September 28 and was reciting a statistic that ESPN had out in their article that day. Which is what I said then and said yesterday. That’s what I was hinting at. That ESPN pointed out a pretty odd stat about the Cubs starters.

Again, if you took my answer of “No” to the exact, direct question you are saying I said happened as meaning “Yes” then I can see where you read me saying all 5 Cubs starters had taken PEDs. How you get to that reading of it is beyond me but that’s on you. It’s not difficult. It’s laid out word for word in MM’s question asking for a simple yes/no, and my giving him a simple yes/no.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1766 on: October 19, 2017, 07:14:10 AM »

I usually defend umps, but this was truly awful, both in the way it was dealt with and in the final result. I'm glad Davis struck out Granderson on the very next pitch. So, in the end, no harm was done. But still.

As for the series ...

If the Cubs can somehow beat Kershaw - certainly not an outrageous notion given that his third-highest career WHIP is against the Cubs and that the Cubs beat him in the NLCS just a year ago - then things get really interesting. If I'm a Dodgers fan, I'm not sure how much faith I have in Hill or Darvish to close out the series.

Then again, if I'm a Cubs fan, I'm not sure how much faith I have in any of my hitters, not to mention my bullpen and a couple of my starters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1767 on: October 19, 2017, 07:22:36 AM »
I did include this with all my Arietta PED stuff? Which part? The first post you quoted, which had nothing to do with all 5 starters on the Cubs, or any starter really, was posted on September 22. The next 2 are from September 28 and was reciting a statistic that ESPN had out in their article that day. Which is what I said then and said yesterday. That’s what I was hinting at. That ESPN pointed out a pretty odd stat about the Cubs starters.

Again, if you took my answer of “No” to the exact, direct question you are saying I said happened as meaning “Yes” then I can see where you read me saying all 5 Cubs starters had taken PEDs. How you get to that reading of it is beyond me but that’s on you. It’s not difficult. It’s laid out word for word in MM’s question asking for a simple yes/no, and my giving him a simple yes/no.

It's clearly what you were insinuating.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #1768 on: October 19, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1769 on: October 19, 2017, 07:59:37 AM »
I usually defend umps, but this was truly awful, both in the way it was dealt with and in the final result. I'm glad Davis struck out Granderson on the very next pitch. So, in the end, no harm was done. But still.

As for the series ...

If the Cubs can somehow beat Kershaw - certainly not an outrageous notion given that his third-highest career WHIP is against the Cubs and that the Cubs beat him in the NLCS just a year ago - then things get really interesting. If I'm a Dodgers fan, I'm not sure how much faith I have in Hill or Darvish to close out the series.

Then again, if I'm a Cubs fan, I'm not sure how much faith I have in any of my hitters, not to mention my bullpen and a couple of my starters.

As you've said, as a Cubs fan it's hard to have much confidence in our offense but Kershaw doesn't have the best track record in the playoffs and the Cubs have beat him.

I'll be there tonight so I'd prefer not to see the Dodgers celebrate ar Wrigley and it'd be quite alright to go back to LA and scare them a bit.

I am confident Quintana will have a good outing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1770 on: October 19, 2017, 08:00:03 AM »
It's clearly what you were insinuating.

Oh.

I'll probably regretting asking/engaging but I'm genuinely curious about something.

I just need a Yes/No answer to this. Nothing more.

Is your contention that all 5 Cubs starting pitchers were taking PEDs during the 2016 season and then, either collectively or individually, decided to stop using them for the 2017 season?

No.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1771 on: October 19, 2017, 08:44:32 AM »

Cmon really?  Quit complaining.  What is wrong with the LF umpire making a foul tip call. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1772 on: October 19, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »
At some point Darvish is going to have a playoff implosion outing with 3-4 HRs, I just hope its against the Cubs and not the Yankees/Astros.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1773 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »
Cmon really?  Quit complaining.  What is wrong with the LF umpire making a foul tip call.

If that were my team, I would have gone ballistic. Horribly egregious call. A fail-mary level (in terms of severity of the miss, not magnitude of impact) call that the Cubs should be thankful didn't cost them.

I know it's not reviewable, and that will almost certainly change this offseason. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the home plate umpire, who is in perfect position to see and makes the right call, allows himself to be overruled. I thought the announcers did a great job of explaining exactly what the ump is looking for and why the home plate should be the one to make the call.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1774 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:15 AM »

You're right - I am being unreasonable. 

feedback