[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2017 Season  (Read 269747 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2017 Season
« Reply #1325 on: September 22, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
Here's one for you BlueMayne.  Andy Pettitte, a guy who admitted to using PEDs.  I'm struggling to find it.  Could you please point out the sudden major jump in his velocities within a season from one month to the next?

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=120485&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=09/22/2017&s_type=2

That is literally the funniest argument to prove/disprove PED use.  It's incredible.

Not surprising that you ignored every point that discredits your point of view. To be expected.

You must have struggled mightily in logic at Marquette.

Look at the numbers on a month-by-month and year-over-year basis combined with his performance and how his career has progressed and you don't have a leg to stand on.

Yeah if you just ignore the year to year numbers you're spot on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: September 22, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »
Speaking of PEDs use, Stanton is chasing the Maris 61 record mark, yer nary a word because he isn't close to the Drug Era sluggers.  Where are the asterisks?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1327 on: September 22, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
Baez is always excitable but even-keel Kris Bryant was showing some emotion after his blast in the 10th.

Never seen Bryant show that much emotion.

Well aside from this...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: September 22, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
The irony of that coming from a guy who uses "baby face," "chubby," and "month to month velocity consistency" as proof that guys haven't used PEDs.  LOL!

You really are a dimwit.

His month-to-month velo is part of a larger picture when looking a his career as a whole. Instead you look at two numbers over the course of 5 years, which tell no story whatsoever.

But you stick to surface level numbers instead of digging in and looking at the big picture.

Why did Arrieta still stink in Baltimore even though his velocity had already increased? 

How did PED usage suddenly turn his career around with the Cubs even though his velocity had already leveled off prior to joining the organization?

I'd love some reasonable responses to those questions as well as the questions in my other post. Unfortunately you've shown that you're not capable of that.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1329 on: September 22, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »
You really are a dimwit.

His month-to-month velo is part of a larger picture when looking a his career as a whole. Instead you look at two numbers over the course of 5 years, which tell no story whatsoever.

But you stick to surface level numbers instead of digging in and looking at the big picture.

Why did Arrieta still stink in Baltimore even though his velocity had already increased? 

How did PED usage suddenly turn his career around with the Cubs even though his velocity had already leveled off prior to joining the organization?

I'd love some reasonable responses to those questions as well as the questions in my other post. Unfortunately you've shown that you're not capable of that.

Please, oh please, stop the insanity, VBMG! I've been caught up in before too and I recognize that it's hard not to respond because his points are so bizarre and irrational and illogical and his reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired but it's possible. Just let it go. Please!  ;D

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1330 on: September 22, 2017, 09:25:47 AM »
All right you two, that's enough.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
Please, oh please, stop the insanity, VBMG! I've been caught up in before too and I recognize that it's hard not to respond because his points are so bizarre and irrational and illogical and his reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired but it's possible. Just let it go. Please!  ;D

Yeah for sure.  Baby face, pudginess, and month to month velocities are totally logical explanations.

Hilarious.

You really are a dimwit.

This is an honest suggestion.  Read up on HGH and its benefits.  Use some logic as to how it would help a pitcher.  For someone who likes to pretend to be so much smarter (and seriously, your awesome adjectives like "dimwit" and "genius" just show your insecurities, so keep going with them) you are genuinely clueless as to the benefits of PEDs for pitchers.  You continue to obsess over velocity, and despite the fact that you can make false claims about his velocity remaining consistent throughout his career, the point is that even if we pretend for a minute you weren't entirely wrong about that, velocity changes mean absolutely nothing, just like baby faces and pudginess mean absolutely nothing.  You're thinking of anabolic steroids, which I have never claimed Arietta used.  That's the days of Mac and (I know this is going to hurt, so make sure you're sitting down when you read this) Sammy Sosa.  Those days are gone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1332 on: September 22, 2017, 09:32:18 AM »

This is an honest suggestion.  Read up on HGH and its benefits.  Use some logic as to how it would help a pitcher.  For someone who likes to pretend to be so much smarter (and seriously, your awesome adjectives like "dimwit" and "genius" just show your insecurities, so keep going with them) you are genuinely clueless as to the benefits of PEDs for pitchers.  You continue to obsess over velocity, and despite the fact that you can make false claims about his velocity remaining consistent throughout his career, the point is that even if we pretend for a minute you weren't entirely wrong about that, velocity changes mean absolutely nothing, just like baby faces and pudginess mean absolutely nothing.  You're thinking of anabolic steroids, which I have never claimed Arietta used.  That's the days of Mac and (I know this is going to hurt, so make sure you're sitting down when you read this) Sammy Sosa.  Those days are gone.

So how specifically, from 2013 to 2015, did PEDs help Arrieta become "the best pitcher in baseball"?  Enlighten me. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: September 22, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »

You're right.  It's my fault.  As you said, it's just so bizarre, irrational, and illogical that i have a hard time letting it go.  Need to do better as far as that goes.

Anyway, looking forward to a much less stressful game tonight. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:26 AM »
You're right.  It's my fault.  As you said, it's just so bizarre, irrational, and illogical that i have a hard time letting it go.  Need to do better as far as that goes.

Anyway, looking forward to a much less stressful game tonight.

These posts are the best.  "You're right.  I'm so much better than him.  I'm better than getting sucked in."  (But I continue to carry on.)

Lol.  If you want to be the bigger man have at it.  Me?  I enjoy seeing Cubs fans claiming they're so much smarter than everyone else by comparing hurricane relocations of a series to a manager wanting to get his team extra rest for the team's convenience and using the physical appearance of a person's face as proof of a lack of PED use.  It's awesome.  You two are definitely way smarter than me and very much the bigger men.  The difference between us is I have no problem acknowledging that.

Having said that:

So how specifically, from 2013 to 2015, did PEDs help Arrieta become "the best pitcher in baseball"?  Enlighten me. 

Here's one of millions of Google searches you could do.  A guy who's so much smarter than me but can't figure out how to find why athletes might use HGH...

https://www.google.com/search?q=benefits+of+hgh+for+athletes&oq=benefits+of+hgh+for+athletes&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i8i30k1.54798.55140.0.55528.4.4.0.0.0.0.115.417.1j3.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.411...0i7i30k1j0i8i7i30k1.0.K6ZdgPG-aX4

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1335 on: September 22, 2017, 09:53:33 AM »
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1336 on: September 22, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
I enjoy seeing Cubs fans claiming they're so much smarter than everyone else by comparing hurricane relocations of a series to a manager wanting to get his team extra rest for the team's convenience

Sorry I have to ask.  I'm sure it was discussed but I wasn't following the thread during the series relocation.

What is your argument against moving the series to a neutral site?

Also I have to ask, what is your complaint about the Cubs moving the game back 5 hours?  The Brewers had an off day the day before so it didn't effect them at all.  Literally nothing changed for the Brewers.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: September 22, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »
These posts are the best.  "You're right.  I'm so much better than him.  I'm better than getting sucked in."  (But I continue to carry on.)

Lol.  If you want to be the bigger man have at it.  Me?  I enjoy seeing Cubs fans claiming they're so much smarter than everyone else by comparing hurricane relocations of a series to a manager wanting to get his team extra rest for the team's convenience and using the physical appearance of a person's face as proof of a lack of PED use.  It's awesome.  You two are definitely way smarter than me and very much the bigger men.  The difference between us is I have no problem acknowledging that.

Having said that:

Here's one of millions of Google searches you could do.  A guy who's so much smarter than me but can't figure out how to find why athletes might use HGH...

https://www.google.com/search?q=benefits+of+hgh+for+athletes&oq=benefits+of+hgh+for+athletes&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i8i30k1.54798.55140.0.55528.4.4.0.0.0.0.115.417.1j3.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.411...0i7i30k1j0i8i7i30k1.0.K6ZdgPG-aX4

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1339 on: September 22, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
Sorry I have to ask.  I'm sure it was discussed but I wasn't following the thread during the series relocation.

What is your argument against moving the series to a neutral site?

Also I have to ask, what is your complaint about the Cubs moving the game back 5 hours?  The Brewers had an off day the day before so it didn't effect them at all.  Literally nothing changed for the Brewers.

I have no argument for moving the series to a neutral field.  I said in the thread the Brewers got a scheduling break there.  But Cubs fans were all "I'm sure Brewers fans are upset that they're getting a home series since they were so upset the Cubs could move their game back!"  The reality is that's an apples to trombones comparison.

Craig Counsell did not have any say in where the Brewers would play the Marlins.  That was 100% a decision made by the MLB.  Joe Maddon made the decision he wanted the game moved a week before the game for the convenience of the team.  How Cubs fans can think, "Brewers fans were pissed about Maddon moving the time of the game, but here they are getting a home series!"

I think the Cubs should simply follow the schedule rather than deciding when it is most convenient for them to play their games.  It wasn't even a giant concern of mine, but when Cubs fans come on here and talk about how petty the Brewers are for complaining about the Cubs changing the time just because they want to it's a little silly.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: September 22, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

"I used to get drawn in by him myself, but I've learned my lesson!  I'm a bigger, better man now!" (But I'll continue to go and find cute GIFs to share to show how much of a bigger man I am.)

Keep up the good work, MM!

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: September 22, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
How valuable can a player be if his team finishes 30 games out of 1st place? He could be replaced by a Minor Leaguer and the team would have the same chance to win their division.

Is that fair? I would say probably not, but neither is life.
He can be incredibly valuable...isn't the best player in the league valuable?  It's an award given to an individual, I don't understand why his team makes any difference.

If you use that reasoning (the team's performance matters), shouldn't the MVP come from the best team in each league every year?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: September 22, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »
"I used to get drawn in by him myself, but I've learned my lesson!  I'm a bigger, better man now!" (But I'll continue to go and find cute GIFs to share to show how much of a bigger man I am.)

Keep up the good work, MM!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1343 on: September 22, 2017, 10:33:20 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: September 22, 2017, 10:40:58 AM »
LOL

https://twitter.com/1057fmthefan/status/911217264166359040

So put in play the same restrictions the Bulls had when they were playing the Bucks in the Playoffs a few years ago, is what they're asking?

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: September 22, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
So put in play the same restrictions the Bulls had when they were playing the Bucks in the Playoffs a few years ago, is what they're asking?
Yes, and it's still worth poking fun at both of them for it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: September 22, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »
Yes, and it's still worth poking fun at both of them for it.

I genuinely don't know, but my guess is that this isn't overly uncommon in professional sports ticket sales.  Certainly not something everyone does, but I doubt the Bulls were the only team to do it (heck, for all I know the Bucks might have done the same thing for the same series).

Also, when The Fan is asking if someone should do something, that means there's no chance it's even being considered.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:58:08 AM by QuentinsWorld »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: September 22, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
For Game 6 against the Bulls in 2015, the Bucks offered an extended presale only to people with a Wisconsin ID or address. The Bulls won that game by 56 points so maybe Bucks fans knew not to waste their money  ;)

I was surprised to see so many empty seats last night and so many graphics on the telecast about tickets still available for this weekend. The crowd was definitely pro-Cubs last night.

Is it possible that many Brewers fans don't want to go because there are so many "obnoxious Cubs fans" in the stadium?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:02:27 AM by MerrittsMustache »

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: September 22, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »
I genuinely don't know, but my guess is that this isn't overly uncommon in professional sports ticket sales.  Certainly not something everyone does, but I doubt the Bulls were the only team to do it (heck, for all I know the Bucks might have done the same thing for the same series).

Also, when The Fan is asking if someone should do something, that means there's no chance it's even being considered.
It's not that uncommon, Predators have been open and adamant about it. Seahawks banned playoff sales in California for their 49ers game. I'm sure there's more.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: September 22, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »
The collapse of the Dodgers has been quite astounding.  Good thing they built up that 25 game division lead or whatever it was. 

I have to admit I was rooting for the Angels to make the 2nd wild card for 2 reasons, first I wanted Trout back in the playoffs.  Secondly, they went for it and tried to get better to make the playoffs, where the Twins took the opposite route.  But alas, they really aren't that good (like most of the AL) and played to 4-6 over their last 10.  Technically they are still alive, but they aren't playing like it.

feedback