[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Say we go 2-2 in our last four  (Read 5145 times)

jonny09

• Team Captain
Say we go 2-2 in our last four
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »
Sorry, this may already have been discussed.  Say we finish 18-12 in the regular season.  What do we need to accomplish in the BET to have a shot at the dance?

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Say we go 2-2 in our last four
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
We're gonna have one of these after every single game we play, huh?

Just win Tuesday and let's see where we sit.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:35 PM »
We're gonna have one of these after every single game we play, huh?

Just win Tuesday and let's see where we sit.

Dude, it's message board.  Fans are allowed to discuss the future. You act like were the ones taking the court.

That said, there are at least 5 other threads where this topic is discussed.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:38:34 PM »
Dude, it's message board.  Fans are allowed to discuss the future. You act like were the ones taking the court.

That said, there are at least 5 other threads where this topic is discussed.

1) We have a new thread like this after every single game.  If you want to know, go to one of the older threads and look at the discussion there.  Follow the, "If we win Saturday against Xavier..." part and you're onto what people think about what we need to do to get into the NCAA Tournament, since that's what we did.

2) The only thing to expect from this team is inconsistency.  If you haven't figured this one out yet, well...

It's awesome discussing hypotheticals in a thread.  It's not awesome when there are multiple threads a week discussing hypotheticals when nobody really knows what MU team we'll see from game to game.  Discussing where we'll stand if we go X-X is pretty useless with this team.  2-2?  Well, we could lose our next 3 and the whole thread was worthless.  Or we could go 3-0 in our next 3 and it was worthless.

Respect the process and respect the game.  Can't assume anything with this team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
1) We have a new thread like this after every single game.  If you want to know, go to one of the older threads and look at the discussion there.  Follow the, "If we win Saturday against Xavier..." part and you're onto what people think about what we need to do to get into the NCAA Tournament, since that's what we did.

2) The only thing to expect from this team is inconsistency.  If you haven't figured this one out yet, well...

It's awesome discussing hypotheticals in a thread.  It's not awesome when there are multiple threads a week discussing hypotheticals when nobody really knows what MU team we'll see from game to game.  Discussing where we'll stand if we go X-X is pretty useless with this team.  2-2?  Well, we could lose our next 3 and the whole thread was worthless.  Or we could go 3-0 in our next 3 and it was worthless.

Respect the process and respect the game.  Can't assume anything with this team.

lol what do you suggest we talk about??

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »

Again, I agree that there are plenty of threads discussing the topic. All the OP had to do was look a bit.  Agreed there.

But FFS this is a fan message board. Of course we're going to discuss possible scenarios.  We don't need to focus solely on the next game.  We aren't the players.  99% of all discussions on message boards are worthless - that doesn't mean you can't discuss it.  Relax brotha.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
Again, I agree that there are plenty of threads discussing the topic. All the OP had to do was look a bit.  Agreed there.

But FFS this is a fan message board. Of course we're going to discuss possible scenarios.  We don't need to focus solely on the next game.  We aren't the players.  99% of all discussions on message boards are worthless - that doesn't mean you can't discuss it.  Relax brotha.

Dude it's best your realize. He's got some twisted view on what message boards are.

He doesn't ever speak with factual insight.

He uses a phony "respect the process" phrase and that's about it.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
Dude it's best your realize. He's got some twisted view on what message boards are.

Oh I am well aware.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 04:27:32 PM »

Feel free to not click on a thread. Others can talk about what they want.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:40:33 PM »

Sorry, I forgot message boards are only places to whine that the team has thrown in the towel before a game has even tipped off. Thank you for putting me in my place.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »
Sorry, I forgot message boards are only places to whine that the team has thrown in the towel before a game has even tipped off. Thank you for putting me in my place.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »
Your vocab is poor.

Learn what "whining" means.

It's what you do.

A statement isn't whining.

Yeah. Imagine how much we would've won by had Wojo not thrown in the towel prior to the tip!

You were whining. Everyone on Scoop agrees.

"If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance enroll with Geico. It's what you do. If you want to hear whining, head to MUScoop and check out the Gameday Thread for PFheros great takes. It's what you do."

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
Yeah. Imagine how much we would've won by had Wojo not thrown in the towel prior to the tip!

You were whining. Everyone on Scoop agrees.

"If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance enroll with Geico. It's what you do. If you want to hear whining, head to MUScoop and check out the Gameday Thread for PFheros great takes. It's what you do."

Seriously. Look the word up. Are you this stupid?

You are whining right now. You are complaining about how I present things.

I said "throwing in the towel already?"

That's a question. That is not whining.

If I say "Rowsey can't hit a shot right now" when he's missed 4 in a row. That is a factual statement. That isn't whining that isn't a complaint.

It's a goddamn statement. Maybe I'm happy he's missing?

Jesus you are unnatural carnal knowledgeing stupid

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
Ladies, ladies, ladies...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »
Seriously. Look the word up. Are you this stupid?

You are whining right now. You are complaining about how I present things.

I said "throwing in the towel already?"

That's a question. That is not whining.

If I say "Rowsey can't hit a shot right now" when he's missed 4 in a row. That is a factual statement. That isn't whining that isn't a complaint.

It's a goddamn statement. Maybe I'm happy he's missing?

Jesus you are unnatural carnal knowledgeing stupid

Lol.  You do realize whining is making a statement, right?  For example, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I have to watch this horrible Marquette team play basketball!"  That's a statement.  That's also whining.  Pretty funny that you, of all people, are calling people stupid.  Keep going buddy.  Getting a good Sunday laugh going.

Did you ever wonder why literally any sane person who has posted in a Gameday thread has said you whine?  Maybe we're all buying into some fake news or something.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 04:50:33 PM »
Lol.  You do realize whining is making a statement, right?  Keep going buddy.

Did you ever wonder why literally any sane person who has posted in a Gameday thread has said you whine?  Maybe we're all buying into some fake news or something.

"Throwing in the towel already"

Is not whining.

You are a moron.

Nothing will ever change that fact.

You need to complain to whine.

It's in the unnatural carnal knowledgeing definition

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »
"Throwing in the towel already"

Is not whining.

You are a moron.

Nothing will ever change that fact.

You need to complain to whine.

It's in the unnatural carnal knowledgeing definition

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »

Broke you again.

So easy.

Whine about whining. Sound dumb.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
Broke you again.

So easy.

Whine about whining. Sound dumb.

Lol.  Please carry on about how making a statement means you can't possibly be whining.  I'd like to know more about that.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »
Lol.  Please carry on about how making a statement means you can't possibly be whining.  I'd like to know more about that.

I told my buddy just earlier today.

"Wtf is Bronson Koenig doing" after he air balled two shots in a row.

Wasn't complaining. Loved every minute of it.

Sound similar to what I said regarding Luke when he botched a dunk?

You. Are. A. unnatural carnal knowledgeing. Moron.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 05:05:58 PM »
Welll....that escalated quickly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »
"Wtf is Bronson Koenig doing" after he air balled two shots in a row.

Playing hurt.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 09:45:10 PM »
Playing hurt.

Correct.

And I wasn't whining. Love watching him toss up airballs

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 08:24:54 AM »
I am just going off memory so I may be wrong but I feel like teams with this sort of record have made the tourney before. I feel like a GTOWN resume would be more in line with the team that makes it in than us....but if we get to 19-12 with a win in the Big East tourney it will be very close

feedback