[Today at 12:59:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Gottlieb  (Read 7428 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Gottlieb
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
Gottlieb is a contrarian, argumentative, and likes some teams more than others. He seems overly interested in making a big point and then spending long periods pointing look see I was right. This of course detracts from the game itself which is his purpose for being there. He isn't positive often enough...this is basketball afterall.  And he doesn't understand flow of the game for a televised event.  There are plenty of bad play by play announcers, plenty of bad analysts, but also some good ones, and average ones.  I am sure every school thinks he hates their school because he often does not seem to like things more than he dislikes them.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
What is his Scoop ID?

Voguely familiar
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:36:56 AM by Sheriff »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 09:36:25 AM »
I thought the standard Scoop response is supposed to be that "Gottlieb is a tool."

brandx

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:49 AM »
I know I'm supposed to be celebrating the awesome win (I am, and will, don't worriy), but had to complain about Gottlieb on TV.

Agreed.  He's the biggest MU hater.  And as a "young" guy (hah, not really) I didn't know why.  But on tonight's broadcast he revealed the reason.  His dad coached at UW-Milwaukee from 1975–1980.  I hadn't realized that (sorry, I was somewhere between 0-5 years old in that time).  But it does explain some of the animosity towards MU.

His dad was just as jerky as the kid. Easy to understand why he is like he is.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 11:57:35 AM »
He is a hack. Spent about 2-3 minutes talking about Macura's recruiting history than he did about the game itself. Does anyone really need to know Macura visited 30+ schools with his dad blah blah blah blah. Ridiculous.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 12:43:14 PM »
Watched the game on DVR this morning.  Gottlieb also stated that during the NCAA Championship season that Al only attended 15ish practics all season.  That Al let Raymonds and Majerus run the practices and team.  No idea how true that is.....

Pretty much true that Al bagged a lot of practices that year though I am pretty sure Al was at more than 15 practices.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 12:15:04 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
DG was recruited by Deane after ND.  He even came on a recruiting visit here.  Chose Okla State instead. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
Oh dear God.

I thought the same about Skip Bayless moving to Fox, but I've had no problem simply avoiding his program.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 01:24:09 PM »
670 The Score is owned by CBS and every few commercial breaks they have a CBS sports minute done by the national guys including Gotlieb.

They are funny because he is clearly reading from a script and pauses after every other word.

Those are all pretty brutal...and yet Gotlieb is still noticeably bad.

When he calls game, he's not interested in providing insights. He's interested creating "controversy" and trying to show everyone how smart he is.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »
When referring to the Rowsey pump fake/draw the foul DG said "the refs will make that call.......they shouldn't, but they do."

? If AR is fouled during the shot and the shot blocker runs into him--even though it was intentional.......it's still a foul DG.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »
When referring to the Rowsey pump fake/draw the foul DG said "the refs will make that call.......they shouldn't, but they do."

? If AR is fouled during the shot and the shot blocker runs into him--even though it was intentional.......it's still a foul DG.

Right.  There's a difference between when a player gets a defender in the air but has to jump forward into that defender to draw contact, and a player baiting a defender to jump into him while he's in his shooting motion.  Rowsey is really good at differentiating between the two.  Most of the time the defender is jumping out into Rowsey because Rowsey is such a threat to hit a shot from anywhere.  When the defender actually does go straight up Rowsey has been good at passing out of it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »
Right.  There's a difference between when a player gets a defender in the air but has to jump forward into that defender to draw contact, and a player baiting a defender to jump into him while he's in his shooting motion.  Rowsey is really good at differentiating between the two.  Most of the time the defender is jumping out into Rowsey because Rowsey is such a threat to hit a shot from anywhere.  When the defender actually does go straight up Rowsey has been good at passing out of it.

This.  Rowsey has mastered the play.  I'm almost convinced that the only chance someone has at defending against him is to either faceguard or never jump... not sure the former will do much good as MU has other weapons on the perimeter, but at least the latter has a chance to throw him off his game when the defender does exactly what Rowsey's not expecting him to do.  Or maybe he just takes the shot and proves to be completely unstoppable.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »
It's amazing how many times Rowsey gets defenders to bite on his fake, even though they know it's coming. I'd love to see metrics on this. Seems like he's drawn more fouls this way than the rest of the team combined.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »
Gottlieb is no Steven Bardo.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
It's amazing how many times Rowsey gets defenders to bite on his fake, even though they know it's coming. I'd love to see metrics on this. Seems like he's drawn more fouls this way than the rest of the team combined.

At the Xavier game he took as many free throws as the rest of the team combined.

He's as good at drawing fouls on 3-point shots as Jae Crowder was drawing charges.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback