[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by rocky_warrior
[Today at 12:26:02 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where Johnson?  (Read 12881 times)

T-Bone

• All American
Re: Where Johnson?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Hah.  You're welcome to your opinion.  However, stating it after we blow out any Div 1 team by 22 makes it just sound like sour grapes.
Easy comment.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »
Been watching jujuan all game, don't see him clapping, or encouraging teammates.  Anyone else notice the same?
I certainly did.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
Hah.  You're welcome to your opinion.  However, stating it after we blow out any Div 1 team by 22 makes it just sound like sour grapes.

Sorry, but super lame.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
This benching was bigger than one game, and win or lose, it sent the intended message: we weren't going to win with performances like he's had of late. I applaud the bold moves

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
It's probably what they didn't see...

Well Said!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
Sorry, but super lame.
To clarify my comment was directed toward skianth16's post.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »
A sad end for a kid that perplexed me (us?) for his MU career. Was always athletic, improved his horrible shooting form. Always gambled on D, sometimes with sweet results. Never got over driving into the tall timber with no idea what to do. Nice kid, loyal, but limited. Had good and bad moments. Highly rated recruit,  was not able to develop his game. Even with all the limitations, I'll miss him.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
No JJJ is a MU HOF'er. For multiple reasons including his game but most especially to stay put after Buzz left....from MEMPHIS! Top 5 of favorite Warriors ever.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »
multi-million dollar first head coaching job...in as much of a "must win" situation as you can find...he benches jjj...and people get on a message board (after MU wins by 22) and act like wojo didn't realize the seriousness of his decision.  blows my friggin' mind.

Nailed it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
A sad end for a kid that perplexed me (us?) for his MU career. Was always athletic, improved his horrible shooting form. Always gambled on D, sometimes with sweet results. Never got over driving into the tall timber with no idea what to do. Nice kid, loyal, but limited. Had good and bad moments. Highly rated recruit,  was not able to develop his game. Even with all the limitations, I'll miss him.

Is the season over? No need to give the obituary yet. Still a lot of season left.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »
No JJJ is a MU HOF'er. For multiple reasons including his game but most especially to stay put after Buzz left....from MEMPHIS! Top 5 of favorite Warriors ever.
:o

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 11:14:54 PM »
Is the season over? No need to give the obituary yet. Still a lot of season left.
Amen.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »

end?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 08:22:56 AM »

I'm not sure what he's done to warrant one of your "top five Warriors ever," but MU hall of fame?  Cmon...

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
Take a look at Johnson's face on the bench when Howard hits what I think was his 3rd consecutive 3 (early in the 2nd half).
All that needs to be said - he just doesn't get it...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
I personally think that it was Wojo's greatest coaching move to date.  Here's what I speculate happened.  On the plane ride home from DC, Wojo told his team he was going to find out who the men were and that those men were going to be given the privilege to play in front of 150 former Warriors and 19,000 fans on Saturday. Honor the GD uniform you wear.

I was thinking about this on the way home last night. What has frustrated me most these recent years is not losing games to teams with superior talent.  What frustrates me most is when we all know that our guys aren't giving fully 100%, both mentally and physically, to every moment they are on the court representing us.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
Take a look at Johnson's face on the bench when Howard hits what I think was his 3rd consecutive 3 (early in the 2nd half).
All that needs to be said - he just doesn't get it...

You wouldnt be pissed if you got benched? Have you played sports? If youre a usual starter, its damn hard to keep a happy face when youre glued to the bench.

Tired of people ripping into the kid. Its not like he doesnt play hard. Say he hasnt played well fine, but stop questioning a 22 year old's character when he has done nothing but worked hard for MU and stuck it out in the most trying four years in Marquette history, jag off.

brandx

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

I was thinking about this on the way home last night. What has frustrated me most these recent years is not losing games to teams with superior talent.  What frustrates me most is when we all know that our guys aren't giving fully 100%, both mentally and physically, to every moment they are on the court representing us.

Couldn't agree more.

Last night was the 1st time all year that we were the aggressors on the floor. We were the ones getting the 50/50 balls for a change. If that team comes out the next four games, we are IN, if not, it is NIT time.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »
Wojo said it was a coaches decision for him not playing and declined to detail any further.

The fact that JJJ did not play when even though the walk-ons played make me think that he might have broken a team rule and was being punished.  If you're looking for heart and effort, then give JJJ a chance to show it later in the game.   The fact that JJJ looked like he knew he was not playing no matter what suggest "something happened" to cause him to sit the entire game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
Wojo said it was a coaches decision for him not playing and declined to detail any further.

The fact that JJJ did not play when even though the walk-ons played make me think that he might have broken a team rule and was being punished.  If you're looking for heart and effort, then give JJJ a chance to show it later in the game.   The fact that JJJ looked like he knew he was not playing no matter what suggest "something happened" to cause him to sit the entire game.

I don't think it sends the same message if you bench a kid for poor performance but let him in when the game is in hand.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:26 AM »
exactly...no one knows why jjj didn't play; however, anyone thinking wojo benched him for this game because it was a "less risky" time to do so is friggin' nuts and has never been around d1 basketball.  these coaches are puking before games against st. mary's of the poor. 

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
I agree TAMU, when you make a decision  like that you have to stick with it no matter the outcome.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »
Has it ever been fully reported why Holtmann benched Martin against us?

Martin got into the game for a few minutes in the second half but got yanked back out. It was strange to see.

None of us know why JJJ was benched. Of course, partaking in wild speculation is one reason fan boards like this exist.

The team obviously played great without JJJ, just as Butler played quite well without Martin.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
Answer is yes and yes, a-hole.
Just cause you think he plays hard all the time, and I don't, doesn't make you right.
He rode the pine the whole game.  Guess we know what the coach's opinion on that is.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »
This is all speculation but JJJ must of broken a team rule and was told he was not going to play in this game.  He looked disinterested for much of the game from what I could see. 

I wonder what would of happened if Katin and Wilson would of fouled out.  My guess is JJJ would of still been on the pine.

Hopefully JJJ realizes this team needs him to play his best the rest of the way if he wants to make the NCAA tourney for the first time in his career.