[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where Johnson?  (Read 12831 times)

mug644

• All American
Where Johnson?
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
Had other things happening this evening and just tuned in. The box score shows no Johnson so far. Is that right? What's up?

GoldenZebra

• All American
Re: Where Johnson?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:50:50 PM »
Probably benched.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:12 PM »
On the bench. Coaches decision. Hopefully he responds like he did after he was benched against Creighton last season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »
With the starting lineup, especially leaving Luke out, plus Johnson's benching is certainly a message being sent by Wojo. Let's hope it is well received. So far, those playing seem to be responding. Especially that 17 year old!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
Had other things happening this evening and just tuned in. The box score shows no Johnson so far. Is that right? What's up?
Watching the 17 point lead
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
Watching the 17 point lead

Addition by subtraction?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »
has one of the best seats in the house-free
don't...don't don't don't don't

JD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »
Been watching jujuan all game, don't see him clapping, or encouraging teammates.  Anyone else notice the same?
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:14:23 AM by mu_hilltopper »

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:43 PM »
Had Marquette not performed, how would the message be received?
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »

Fair question. Fortunately, not necessary to answer.

More importantly, the message delivered is for the rest of the season, not just this game. Johnson remains an important player going forward.

Now that the game ended, will Homer and Mac ask Wojo about Johnson. They didn't mention his absence during the last 11 minutes or so that I heard.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »
Yeah big message sent by Wojo, we need JjJ the rest of the way, I hope it works and he brings it for the remainder of his senior year.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 09:20:58 PM »
Yeah, I'm glad we were able to win without him.  I have trouble with taking a chance like that - tough call to make for Wojo.

Bigger message to the rest of the team is no one of you is bigger than this team.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:42 PM »
Hopefully JJJ watches film of himself from the back half of last year's BE schedule. He seems to have forgotten what made him so good in the last 11 games last year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:31 PM »
Potential transfer, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »

The Questions is: What did the Coaches see in this week's practice that put him on the bench??
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »
I hate to say it, but playing X without their 2 leading scorers is a safe time to send a message. I think it's an unnecessary move by Wojo, and it shows his youth as a coach. You don't see HOFers pulling stunts like that in must-win games. He got lucky it worked against an injured opponent.

Phuket MU Fan

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »
  The Questions is: What did the Coaches see in this week's practice that put him on the bench??

It's probably what they didn't see...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 09:57:22 PM »
If KR had fouled out, who would have gone in?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 10:14:16 PM »
multi-million dollar first head coaching job...in as much of a "must win" situation as you can find...he benches jjj...and people get on a message board (after MU wins by 22) and act like wojo didn't realize the seriousness of his decision.  blows my friggin' mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
I hate to say it, but playing X without their 2 leading scorers is a safe time to send a message. I think it's an unnecessary move by Wojo, and it shows his youth as a coach. You don't see HOFers pulling stunts like that in must-win games. He got lucky it worked against an injured opponent.

How would you (or me or anyone on Scoop) know whether the JJJ benching was necessary? Personally, I hate it when coaches suspend or bench a player for a meaningless cupcake game. Phony. Wojo laid it on the line tonight and the team responded. Kudos to him and them.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2017, 10:17:03 PM »
multi-million dollar first head coaching job...in as much of a "must win" situation as you can find...he benches jjj...and people get on a message board (after MU wins by 22) and act like wojo didn't realize the seriousness of his decision.  blows my friggin' mind.

X is playing without their studs. This is an easy game for Wojo to pull an aggressive move. Still not convinced. And I still think hes in over his head.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »
X is playing without their studs. This is an easy game for Wojo to pull an aggressive move. Still not convinced. And I still think hes in over his head.

Hah.  You're welcome to your opinion.  However, stating it after we blow out any Div 1 team by 22 makes it just sound like sour grapes.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »
If KR had fouled out, who would have gone in?

I think Duane was available on the bench at that point (to go with Howard, Rowsey, Cheatham and Hauser on the floor). Unless he decided to go straight to the walk-ons.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »
Walk ons got minutes before JJJ. Good.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Hah.  You're welcome to your opinion.  However, stating it after we blow out any Div 1 team by 22 makes it just sound like sour grapes.
Easy comment.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2017, 10:27:49 PM »
Been watching jujuan all game, don't see him clapping, or encouraging teammates.  Anyone else notice the same?
I certainly did.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »

Sorry, but super lame.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
This benching was bigger than one game, and win or lose, it sent the intended message: we weren't going to win with performances like he's had of late. I applaud the bold moves

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
It's probably what they didn't see...

Well Said!

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:32 PM »
Sorry, but super lame.
To clarify my comment was directed toward skianth16's post.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »
A sad end for a kid that perplexed me (us?) for his MU career. Was always athletic, improved his horrible shooting form. Always gambled on D, sometimes with sweet results. Never got over driving into the tall timber with no idea what to do. Nice kid, loyal, but limited. Had good and bad moments. Highly rated recruit,  was not able to develop his game. Even with all the limitations, I'll miss him.

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
No JJJ is a MU HOF'er. For multiple reasons including his game but most especially to stay put after Buzz left....from MEMPHIS! Top 5 of favorite Warriors ever.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »

Nailed it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

amen426

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
A sad end for a kid that perplexed me (us?) for his MU career. Was always athletic, improved his horrible shooting form. Always gambled on D, sometimes with sweet results. Never got over driving into the tall timber with no idea what to do. Nice kid, loyal, but limited. Had good and bad moments. Highly rated recruit,  was not able to develop his game. Even with all the limitations, I'll miss him.

Is the season over? No need to give the obituary yet. Still a lot of season left.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »
No JJJ is a MU HOF'er. For multiple reasons including his game but most especially to stay put after Buzz left....from MEMPHIS! Top 5 of favorite Warriors ever.
:o

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 11:14:54 PM »
Is the season over? No need to give the obituary yet. Still a lot of season left.
Amen.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »

end?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 08:22:56 AM »

I'm not sure what he's done to warrant one of your "top five Warriors ever," but MU hall of fame?  Cmon...

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
Take a look at Johnson's face on the bench when Howard hits what I think was his 3rd consecutive 3 (early in the 2nd half).
All that needs to be said - he just doesn't get it...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
I personally think that it was Wojo's greatest coaching move to date.  Here's what I speculate happened.  On the plane ride home from DC, Wojo told his team he was going to find out who the men were and that those men were going to be given the privilege to play in front of 150 former Warriors and 19,000 fans on Saturday. Honor the GD uniform you wear.

I was thinking about this on the way home last night. What has frustrated me most these recent years is not losing games to teams with superior talent.  What frustrates me most is when we all know that our guys aren't giving fully 100%, both mentally and physically, to every moment they are on the court representing us.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
Take a look at Johnson's face on the bench when Howard hits what I think was his 3rd consecutive 3 (early in the 2nd half).
All that needs to be said - he just doesn't get it...

You wouldnt be pissed if you got benched? Have you played sports? If youre a usual starter, its damn hard to keep a happy face when youre glued to the bench.

Tired of people ripping into the kid. Its not like he doesnt play hard. Say he hasnt played well fine, but stop questioning a 22 year old's character when he has done nothing but worked hard for MU and stuck it out in the most trying four years in Marquette history, jag off.

brandx

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »

I was thinking about this on the way home last night. What has frustrated me most these recent years is not losing games to teams with superior talent.  What frustrates me most is when we all know that our guys aren't giving fully 100%, both mentally and physically, to every moment they are on the court representing us.

Couldn't agree more.

Last night was the 1st time all year that we were the aggressors on the floor. We were the ones getting the 50/50 balls for a change. If that team comes out the next four games, we are IN, if not, it is NIT time.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »
Wojo said it was a coaches decision for him not playing and declined to detail any further.

The fact that JJJ did not play when even though the walk-ons played make me think that he might have broken a team rule and was being punished.  If you're looking for heart and effort, then give JJJ a chance to show it later in the game.   The fact that JJJ looked like he knew he was not playing no matter what suggest "something happened" to cause him to sit the entire game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
Wojo said it was a coaches decision for him not playing and declined to detail any further.

The fact that JJJ did not play when even though the walk-ons played make me think that he might have broken a team rule and was being punished.  If you're looking for heart and effort, then give JJJ a chance to show it later in the game.   The fact that JJJ looked like he knew he was not playing no matter what suggest "something happened" to cause him to sit the entire game.

I don't think it sends the same message if you bench a kid for poor performance but let him in when the game is in hand.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:26 AM »
exactly...no one knows why jjj didn't play; however, anyone thinking wojo benched him for this game because it was a "less risky" time to do so is friggin' nuts and has never been around d1 basketball.  these coaches are puking before games against st. mary's of the poor. 

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
I agree TAMU, when you make a decision  like that you have to stick with it no matter the outcome.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »
Has it ever been fully reported why Holtmann benched Martin against us?

Martin got into the game for a few minutes in the second half but got yanked back out. It was strange to see.

None of us know why JJJ was benched. Of course, partaking in wild speculation is one reason fan boards like this exist.

The team obviously played great without JJJ, just as Butler played quite well without Martin.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
Answer is yes and yes, a-hole.
Just cause you think he plays hard all the time, and I don't, doesn't make you right.
He rode the pine the whole game.  Guess we know what the coach's opinion on that is.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »
This is all speculation but JJJ must of broken a team rule and was told he was not going to play in this game.  He looked disinterested for much of the game from what I could see. 

I wonder what would of happened if Katin and Wilson would of fouled out.  My guess is JJJ would of still been on the pine.

Hopefully JJJ realizes this team needs him to play his best the rest of the way if he wants to make the NCAA tourney for the first time in his career. 

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »
You wouldnt be pissed if you got benched? Have you played sports? If youre a usual starter, its damn hard to keep a happy face when youre glued to the bench.

Tired of people ripping into the kid. Its not like he doesnt play hard. Say he hasnt played well fine, but stop questioning a 22 year old's character when he has done nothing but worked hard for MU and stuck it out in the most trying four years in Marquette history, jag off.

+1. He's made his share of dumb and lazy plays over the last four years, but so has just about everyone else. I'm not going to blame a kid for body language.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

Couldn't disagree more. He saw this in practice, and JJ and Luke are our 2 softest. JJ sells out to steal a pass each time, gets lucky 1/10 times, and then we play 5 on 4. Luke is soft. Period.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2017, 01:39:34 PM »
We don't know why jjj didn't play. Fair to say discipline.

What I hope it's just that game and non bad blood that will last. I really want to see jjj Tuesday. I want whatever it is to be past us. Jjj is one of my favorite players. Sure I hate jjj's drives to nowhere. But I like the guy and he has stepped up when no one else would.

Creighton senior day I want to be real positive. Especially for jjj.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
I'm not going to blame a kid for body language.

The only important question is:

Did JJJ properly execute the slap of 5?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »
The only important question is:

Did JJJ properly execute the slap of 5?

I know we complain about lack of free throws in practice, but I would argue that we need to practice the free-throw high five slap more.  MU's eFTHFS% is the WORST in the Big East (again).  Unacceptable.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »
I know we complain about lack of free throws in practice, but I would argue that we need to practice the free-throw high five slap more.  MU's eFTHFS% is the WORST in the Big East (again).  Unacceptable.

It has improved since Vander left.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
How would you (or me or anyone on Scoop) know whether the JJJ benching was necessary? Personally, I hate it when coaches suspend or bench a player for a meaningless cupcake game. Phony. Wojo laid it on the line tonight and the team responded. Kudos to him and them.

What about suspending players against a real opponent, but only for one half?

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2017, 04:05:30 PM »
I think its pretty funny that JJJ gets benched AGAIN and the big question revolves around if Wojo is acting properly.  How about a kid that's been with the program for almost 4 years and still fails to show the leadership and 110% effort on both sides of the ball and in practice that this team so desperately needs.  As a senior with only a few games left in his career and a chance to go to his first NCAA tournament he should be playing so hard that any coach wouldn't even think of taking him off the floor.  A team at MU's level (decent but not great) depends on its seniors to act as a steading influence.  I hope JJJ comes back like he did last time this happened but if he doesn't lets put the blame squarely where it belongs.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »
Expect a big game for JJ against St Johns.

burger

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2017, 02:20:58 AM »
Expect a big game for JJ against St Johns.

The only "big game" JJJ is going to have against St. John's is trying to figure out how to keep the "slivers" out of his A$$......One of the earliest posts had it completely right......Addition by subtraction.....

We will play without JJJ until we lose.....

He is a liability to this team.....And if Buzz was here.....He would already be gone.....

His lack of hustle and basketball IQ is tiresome.....and hurts the team.....

This is all about sending the correct message to the "freshman"......Not JJJ.....

His ship has sailed.....

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »
But did he give anyone a slap of five?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:33:05 AM by lurch91 »

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
Heard that JJJ was showing up late to practice/events consistently in the last week which prompted the benching.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2017, 08:36:19 AM »
He'll learn from it, watch for a big game tomorrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
"Hopefully", he will learn from it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
The only "big game" JJJ is going to have against St. John's is trying to figure out how to keep the "slivers" out of his A$$......One of the earliest posts had it completely right......Addition by subtraction.....

He is a liability to this team.....And if Buzz was here.....He would already be gone.....

This is all about sending the correct message to the "freshman"......Not JJJ.....

His ship has sailed.....

Try to limit yourself to one set of ellipses per post please, two at the very most.

Feel better about yourself ripping into a kid who has worked damn hard to get better over the past four years?

Criticism is fine, but those of you who have constantly ripped JJJ (and Luke) to shreads without any basis for it should not be allowed within a 10 mile radius of the Bradley Center or a TV set come senior day.

Why are people so obsessed with bashing him? It's absolutely infuriating.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:49:07 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2017, 09:07:12 AM »
Try to limit yourself to one set of ellipses per post please, two at the very most.

Feel better about yourself ripping into a kid who has worked damn hard to get better over the past four years?

Criticism is fine, but those of you who have constantly ripped JJJ (and Luke) to shreads without any basis for it should not be allowed within a 10 mile radius of the Bradley Center or a TV set come senior day.

Totally agree. Everyone rips on JJ.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
Totally agree. Everyone rips on JJ.

Ergo....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2017, 09:42:44 AM »

Are you sure people don't have legitimate reasons for criticizing JJJ? Specifically when it come to on-the-court stuff?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »
Are you sure people don't have legitimate reasons for criticizing JJJ? Specifically when it come to on-the-court stuff?

Second leading scorer, leader in assists. Could he cut down on turnovers? Absolutely, but people seem to have this irrational hatred for him, making him the scapegoat for all of Marquette problems the past 3 years.

Mostly, I would just love for some posters to say to his face what they write about him here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »
Second leading scorer, leader in assists. Could he cut down on turnovers? Absolutely, but people seem to have this irrational hatred for him, making him the scapegoat for all of Marquette problems the past 3 years.

Mostly, I would just love for some posters to say to his face what they write about him here.

Not one single poster has made "him the scapegoat for all of Marquette problems the past 3 years."

Plenty of posters have a problem with how he plays defensive, especially within the team concept.  Wojo seems to have a problem with his performance as well.

HoopsterBC

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »

Not one single poster has made "him the scapegoat for all of Marquette problems the past 3 years."

Plenty of posters have a problem with how he plays defensive, especially within the team concept.  Wojo seems to have a problem with his performance as well.

I hope he learned from this, he is really needed against a very athletic team in St. Johns.  I hope he has the best game of his life against the Johnnies.  Then again
like you said he has to play on both sides of the court.  Time will tell.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2017, 10:19:29 AM »
I hope he learned from this, he is really needed against a very athletic team in St. Johns.  I hope he has the best game of his life against the Johnnies.  Then again
like you said he has to play on both sides of the court.  Time will tell.

I don't know about this. If he is driving out of control to the basket, and turning it over, he plays right into their hands. We need Howard and Cheatham to play much better than in NYC. Protecting the ball should be top priority.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2017, 10:21:56 AM »
I think its pretty funny that JJJ gets benched AGAIN and the big question revolves around if Wojo is acting properly.  How about a kid that's been with the program for almost 4 years and still fails to show the leadership and 110% effort on both sides of the ball and in practice that this team so desperately needs.  As a senior with only a few games left in his career and a chance to go to his first NCAA tournament he should be playing so hard that any coach wouldn't even think of taking him off the floor.  A team at MU's level (decent but not great) depends on its seniors to act as a steading influence.  I hope JJJ comes back like he did last time this happened but if he doesn't lets put the blame squarely where it belongs.

+ 1 billion i have been saying this since the start of the season.  Wojo continuing to start jjj sends the wrong message to the team.  Establish a hardest working toughest guys play culture.  Wojo did this saturday night, finally.  Part of our early run was due to Heldts toughness he had some great help side defense n finished some defensive stops with rebounds.  Neither of tgese happen with the fish in there.  Heldt good defense n 9 boards in 24 mins, the fish bad defense n 2 boards in 12 minutes. 
I understand Wojos loyalty to those two seniors but i hope it has not cost him the season.  Should have punted weeks ago
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2017, 10:23:30 AM »

His ship has sailed.....

+ 50 billion
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
I think benching JJ for whatever the reason may be was a great move by Wojo. You have to do what you have to do. Btw. I am a huge fan of JJ and think he could've been WAY BETTER is he learned to "exert" himself and his raw athletic ability in a more productive way. His defensive play (going for the steal), lack of hustle, more body language, careless turnovers on the offensive end, etc. are very frustrating and boils down to effort and "competitive spirit". The kid has major talent and can play, but at this point of the season he needs to play the right way. good move by wojo and a great win by the squad in front of a packed house.

great weekend. make marquette great again.

Just win baby!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »

I would absolutely tell him to his face that his sometimes lackadaisical hustle after a missed shot as well as gambling on steals hurts our team greatly.

feedback