[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Should Marquette leave the Big East?  (Read 23373 times)

vogue65

• All American
Re: Should Marquette leave the Big East?
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:46 PM »
I was gonna give you credit for your opening post, pulling an MU82 Lite and just shunning teal. I really was. Now, I'm worried about you.

Yeah, let's leave the Big East and go Horizon. It's all we're good for. Maybe quit hoops all together and put all the $$$ into hockey.

Field hockey or ice?  Thanks for your concern, I  think I'll make it weather MU goes uptown or downtown.  Having been a bartender for a couple of years, across the street from the library, back in my day, I  know that the students know a lot more about what is really going on than the coaches, BOT or faculty.  Ultimatly the students make a university and not the monument buildings or the basketball league.

On second thought, a good Div. I hockey team might not be such a bad idea.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 05:51:13 PM »
Field hockey or ice?  Thanks for your concern, I  think I'll make it weather MU goes uptown or downtown.  Having been a bartender for a couple of years, across the street from the library, back in my day, I  know that the students know a lot more about what is really going on than the coaches, BOT or faculty.  Ultimatly the students make a university and not the monument buildings or the basketball league.

I don't know what this gibberish means ... and I'm not even talking about the numerous misspellings.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 05:52:54 PM »
Who tinks up dis chit, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »
Who tinks up dis chit, ai na?

You got dat right. You know it's bad when your chit makes more sense den his chit!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JoeTheNonJesuit

• Walk-On
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
There has been some question about whether Coach Al was squeezed out by the Board of Trustees. This article from 2007 makes no mention of that "fact":

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/01/sports/ncaabasketball/01mcguire.html

That having been said, Vogue, whom I know from "real life," is generally a man of integrity and usually has some basis for his assertions.

On the other hand, he may just be trying to get a rise out of you blokes, something that I have observed in the real world. Vogue, in that regard, seems to cleave to the idea that any attention is good attention even if it is bad attention.

I know nothing of this history, but I find it hard to believe that the BOT would squeeze out a coach "who was hired by Marquette in 1964 and compiled a 295-80 record" through 1977, when he won the NCAA, having already won the NIT and having had only one losing season at MU.

But, as I say, Vogue knows what Vogue knows.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
I don't know what this gibberish means ... and I'm not even talking about the numerous misspellings.

My apology, sorry, lack of a good Jesuit High School education and from an underprivileged background.  At least the Jesuits let me work in their refectory in the basement of Johnson Hall (I think) where I learned about humility, honesty and service.  They never gave me a spelling lesson, just an opportunity at life.   Do you understand that gibberish?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
My apology, sorry, lack of a good Jesuit High School education and from an underprivileged background.  At least the Jesuits let me work in their refectory in the basement of Johnson Hall (I think) where I learned about humility, honesty and service.  They never gave me a spelling lesson, just an opportunity at life.   Do you understand that gibberish?

So you're saying you don't know how to spell... are you sure you deserve that degree? Because I know loads of underprivileged youth that couldn't dream of college, yet they still know how to spell.
Maigh Eo for Sam

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
So you're saying you don't know how to spell... are you sure you deserve that degree? Because I know loads of underprivileged youth that couldn't dream of college, yet they still know how to spell.
Whatever you say.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2017, 07:10:02 PM »
MU would be undefeated as they wouldn't be on national tv.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
MU would be undefeated as they wouldn't be on national tv.

Are you sure?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »

JoeTheNonJesuit

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
At Vogue's house, about to watch the Xavier game. I think Golden Eagles favored by 4.5. He says they'll lose by 26. A blowout will support his Marquexit argument, so he supposes. Go Warriors!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2017, 09:43:08 PM »
We'll be in the A10 in no time if we're welcoming UCONN to the BE.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2017, 09:53:47 PM »
Yeah, let's leave the Big East and go Horizon. It's all we're good for. Maybe quit hoops all together and put all the $$$ into hockey.
Our center is penalty box prone and our defensemen can't stay in from of their men.  Also, Wojo's seat is icy cold.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:17 PM »
Our center is penalty box prone and our defensemen can't stay in from of their men.  Also, Wojo's seat is icy cold.

One might  even call it a Cool Throne.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2017, 12:25:22 AM »
At Vogue's house, about to watch the Xavier game. I think Golden Eagles favored by 4.5. He says they'll lose by 26. A blowout will support his Marquexit argument, so he supposes. Go Warriors!

He was close, if by lose, he meant win.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2017, 07:49:46 AM »
I'm just impressed that the BOT hasn't changed in 39 years, they must have found the fountain of youth. I mean if the same people that forced out Al also forced out Buzz that is some impressive longevity.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:53:26 AM by Marquette_g »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2017, 08:34:25 AM »
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Your head must hurt.

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »
Fire Wojo
Cut the basketball program
Burn down the University
Send the Joan of Arc back to France

Great response - and it was made to the dumbest post in the history of the scoop.

I agree the suggestion to leave the big east ranks somewhere in the "worst insane proposals" with the four you mention, but perhaps we could add that we should not have recruited Deiner, Wade or Novak because they took away from the style of basketball we want at MU.

$10 million in free advertising in the largest media market, plus being in the only conference in history to give a check for several million each year for a school FOR BASKETBALL plus virtually every game on national tv, and obviously missed the fact that the conference won the national title last year, giving MU fans the chance to see mu beat a no. 1 team for the first time in history in MKE.

I realize even acknowledging this post is silly, but an excuse to be thankful for the incredible luck of being part of the big east.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Great response - and it was made to the dumbest post in the history of the scoop.

I agree the suggestion to leave the big east ranks somewhere in the "worst insane proposals" with the four you mention, but perhaps we could add that we should not have recruited Deiner, Wade or Novak because they took away from the style of basketball we want at MU.

$10 million in free advertising in the largest media market, plus being in the only conference in history to give a check for several million each year for a school FOR BASKETBALL plus virtually every game on national tv, and obviously missed the fact that the conference won the national title last year, giving MU fans the chance to see mu beat a no. 1 team for the first time in history in MKE.

I realize even acknowledging this post is silly, but an excuse to be thankful for the incredible luck of being part of the big east.

Love the national TV exposure, love the "free" advertising, love the storming of the court, and especially love the $$$$$.

Whats not to love?

Does playing in Providence, Washington, Philadelphia, Newark, Omaha and Queens help our recruiting of quality students?

Does Marquette have any additional rivalries after participating in the conference?

Will the league change the style of officiating to help our style of play?

Will Fox Sports renew the windfall contract?   Are they making out, we are, no question, are they?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »
Why not?
With a BOT like we have we are delusional to think we can play with the big boys.
The other night I  watched Syracuse play Louisville and W.V. play Kansas and there was NO COMPARISON with what I  see with us or even with the so-called Big East.
There is no shame in being with your own kind, the A-10 or conference USA might be where we belong. 
A little history, the BOT forced Al McGuire and Buzz out, they think Marquette is Bucknell, Princeton or Northwestern.  We will never be Duke or even Duke lite. 
Why not play Fordham or St. Bonaventure if the BOT wants to limit recruits to that profile of student athlete?
Villanova plays Division II football, they don't try and play ND, they know their place. 
When Marquette played big time basketball was then, this is now.
We don't need a new coach, we need a new BOT or a different league.

Well then where does DePaul Go?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2017, 04:33:15 PM »
Well then where does DePaul Go?

Not our problem.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
We Go, They Stay.

Hay, we are not joined at the hip. We have different goals and objectives.  Who knows what they are up to.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2017, 05:24:54 PM »
Wee ain't goin' no wear just 'cuz some no nothin' Pooper Scooper decides ta fart out a thought, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"