[Today at 10:37:58 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: One Team Dat's Dancin'  (Read 2387 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
One Team Dat's Dancin'
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »
'Cats are givin' it ta Bucky big league, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: One Team Dat's Dancin'
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
'Cats are givin' it ta Bucky big league, ai na?

Doc

Looks like we got the lesser of Duke assistants, eh?

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »
Doc

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:42:57 PM »
Lol.

Northwestern will finally get to Dance. Marquette is a wallflower once more...

Death on call

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 12:38:23 AM »
Doc

You know Collins record in the B10 his first 3 years right?

6-12
6-12
8-10

I know you're Ilk. You're the same ones that wanted Crean fired.  I don't like the dude, but he was the best since Al at the time....

augoman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
Rocky I suggest that Collins had a bigger rebuilding job than Wojo- and probably a tougher conference in which to compete, at the time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »
Rocky I suggest that Collins had a bigger rebuilding job than Wojo- and probably a tougher conference in which to compete, at the time.

What?  The B1G better than the Big East?  That's laughable.

Wojo was left with a starting lineup of Derrick and Duane Wilson, Matt Carlino, Juan Anderson, and Luke Fischer.  There was nothing there.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:42:58 AM »
You know Collins record in the B10 his first 3 years right?

6-12
6-12
8-10

I know you're Ilk. You're the same ones that wanted Crean fired.  I don't like the dude, but he was the best since Al at the time....

My disdain for Crean has nothing to do with his skill as a coach. It has everything to do with his character. My wife was shocked and appalled at how that man behaved. And she was the most understanding person I have ever known.

And for what it's worth, how Collins performed in previous seasons is immaterial to the fact that he will get NU its first NCAA invitation. The obtuse logic here astounds me that we were graduated from a Jesuit university...

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 06:36:56 AM »
My disdain for Crean has nothing to do with his skill as a coach. It has everything to do with his character. My wife was shocked and appalled at how that man behaved. And she was the most understanding person I have ever known.

And for what it's worth, how Collins performed in previous seasons is immaterial to the fact that he will get NU its first NCAA invitation. The obtuse logic here astounds me that we were graduated from a Jesuit university...

It does have something to do with the fact that you would've been whining about Collins on NUScoop for the past 3 years though.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 08:42:28 PM »
Anyone who thinks Wojo's rebuild at MU was in the same league with what Collins faced at Northwestern is crazy. By any metric - spending, facilities, admissions, recent history, long term history, etc.), Marquette is the vastly superior program. For God's sake, Northwestern has NEVER even been to the NCAA tournament.

Collins is doing (IMO) a remarkable job. Coaching (good coaching at that) is in his genes, which is much more important than being part of some "tree".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
Anyone who thinks Wojo's rebuild at MU was in the same league with what Collins faced at Northwestern is crazy. By any metric - spending, facilities, admissions, recent history, long term history, etc.), Marquette is the vastly superior program. For God's sake, Northwestern has NEVER even been to the NCAA tournament.

Collins is doing (IMO) a remarkable job. Coaching (good coaching at that) is in his genes, which is much more important than being part of some "tree".

I get the sense that if we win by 25 points on Saturday, Lennys will bitch that we didn't win by 30. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »

I get the sense that if we win by 25 points on Saturday, Lennys will bitch that we didn't win by 30.

Because that's happened before - never.

I'm not bearish on Wojo, I'm neutral, praying that the facts will change and make me bullish. I don't give a spit about Collins, but I do think he's a talented coach in a place where it's really, really, really difficult to win. Feel free to disagree, but unfounded cheap shots are unfair.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
Because that's happened before - never.

I'm not bearish on Wojo, I'm neutral, praying that the facts will change and make me bullish. I don't give a spit about Collins, but I do think he's a talented coach in a place where it's really, really, really difficult to win. Feel free to disagree, but unfounded cheap shots are unfair.

You've been throwing a wet blanket on anyone's reason for optimism lately.  Youre like my grumpy uncle who complains about the weather all the time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:28 PM »

You've been throwing a wet blanket on anyone's reason for optimism lately.  Youre like my grumpy uncle who complains about the weather all the time.

Sorry, but "lately" has been home losses to Providence and Butler and road losses to St John's and Georgetown sandwiched around a win at DePaul. Leaves me a little short on optimism and long on grumpy.

But I look forward to being happier (and a little more optimistic) when we beat Xavier Saturday - whether by 5 or 25.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
I haven't seen a single NW game this season, but I saw many in the past and that is a tough place to win. Chicago doesn't give a rat's rump about 'em, and they generally have academic requirements that are tougher than the rest of their conference.

It's cold, there's zero tradition (is it possible to have less than zero tradition?), their basketball facilities are sub-par, you name it.

KO, who is revered by many here, flamed out spectacularly at NW: 9-39 BT record over 3 seasons, including 0-16 in his swan song.

Collins must be doing a heck of a job. The first-ever NCAA berth looks like a shoo-in, and they just won in Buckyland, which is no easy feat. Congrats to him. I always liked his dad.

That said, I think Wojo will prove to be a very good coach at Marquette, and I'm glad we have him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 07:20:39 AM »
Bill Carmody did a decent job at Northwestern.  He had them ranked and on the fringe of NCAA consideration, but took them to four straight NITs instead.  Arguably the best coach they ever had before Collins.  (Damning with feigned praise...)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »

You've been throwing a wet blanket on anyone's reason for optimism absurd sense of denial lately.  Youre like my grumpy uncle who complains about the weather all the time.

<a href="http://&quot;https://www.youtube.com/v/xKzMd328bMw&quot; frameborder=&quot;0&quot; allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://&quot;https://www.youtube.com/v/xKzMd328bMw&quot; frameborder=&quot;0&quot; allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;</a>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:32:39 PM by keefe »

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
Sorry, but "lately" has been home losses to Providence and Butler and road losses to St John's and Georgetown sandwiched around a win at DePaul. Leaves me a little short on optimism and long on grumpy.

But I look forward to being happier (and a little more optimistic) when we beat Xavier Saturday - whether by 5 or 25.

Well put, Leonard. No one wants success more than we but what is playing out this season is unadulterated mediocrity. And frankly, there is little to suggest that next year will be any different.

What I learned at an elite Ivy League business school and as a combat leader is to be absolutely realistic and efficiently decisive.

Chasing shimmering chimeras is a fool's game - especially when all of the evidence suggests otherwise.

Death on call

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »
Well put, Leonard. No one wants success more than we but what is playing out this season is unadulterated mediocrity. And frankly, there is little to suggest that next year will be any different.

What I learned at an elite Ivy League business school and as a combat leader is to be absolutely realistic and efficiently decisive.

I'm guessing your ivy league business school instincts are dead wrong on this one.  But hey, I'm just a lowly engineer - that realizes I'm right a lot of times, and wrong a couple times in my life too :)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »
I'm guessing your ivy league business school instincts are dead wrong on this one.  But hey, I'm just a lowly engineer - that realizes I'm right a lot of times, and wrong a couple times in my life too :)

Well put.

feedback