collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee Bucks  (Read 8539 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Milwaukee Bucks
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
Toronto has won 13 of the last 15.

Awful matchup for the Bucks. Raps in 5.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 10:20:16 AM »
I think the Bucks could put a scare into Toronto. Middleton and Giannis should be able to combine to limit Derozan.

Don't think a series win is realistic, but could see it getting pushed to 6 or 7.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »
The Raptors have owned the Bucks for a few years now. This is the worst matchup possible. The only chance for the Bucks to take more than a game is if Lowry isn't himself after the wrist surgery, but he's had a few games back now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 07:38:49 PM »
One down
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
Seemed like Toronto missed a lot of decent midrange and 3 looks, but the Bucks did a good job not letting them get easy buckets inside. Nice contributions from Thon and Moose in particular.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2017, 02:58:13 AM »
Bucks in 6.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »
Seemed like Toronto missed a lot of decent midrange and 3 looks, but the Bucks did a good job not letting them get easy buckets inside. Nice contributions from Thon and Moose in particular.

Bucks deserve a lot of credit for that. Toronto has had their number, but MKE forced them out of their game. Raptors thrive at getting to the tin, and the Bucks kept them out of the paint in the second half.

The Bucks got the steal of the decade in Giannis. If Thon has half as much potential 4  years from now, they will have gotten another one. Of course he'll be 36 years old, but still. He looked outstanding. There was one play where he switched onto Lowry on the pick and roll and matched him step for step to the basket.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »
If the Bucks do well it is good for MU.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 08:06:29 PM »
If the Bucks do well it is good for MU.

Maybe Kostas will want to transfer

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 11:11:54 PM »
Maybe Kostas will want to transfer
That is sweet music to my ears.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »
Two down
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 06:18:47 AM »
14 to go.

Giannis, light it up light it up!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »
14 to go.

Ultimately.  But I just want to win a damn playoffs series did the first time in forever.  Only two to go for that
TAMU

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »
14 to go.

We can only worry about the game on Saturday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
We can only worry about the game on Saturday.

Nah.  Bucks aren't going anywhere this year so might as well have fun with it.

Saturday is unquestionably the biggest game of the season for the Bucks, though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:11:12 AM by wadesworld »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:48 AM »
When they move the ball, they are a fun team to watch.  I don't understand why people criticize Kidd though.  He has surrounded himself with good Xs and Os guys and lets them do their thing.  Player development has been impressive. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
When they move the ball, they are a fun team to watch.  I don't understand why people criticize Kidd though.  He has surrounded himself with good Xs and Os guys and lets them do their thing.  Player development has been impressive.

Some insiders have basically said that Kidd was on his way to being fired until something with his attitude changed after the loss to the Nuggets.  They basically said he showed no interest whatsoever in coaching and then all of a sudden he became very engaged after that.  Their unproven theory is that there was some sort of meeting held between him and the owners after that game.

He has coached mostly well in the Playoffs.  My only complaint is not getting Moose and Snell (who both had played great) onto the court in the last minute down 2 with the ball in game 2.  I get it, Delly and Thon played well in helping the Bucks get back in the game.  But when you're down 2 with the ball with timeouts to use you have to have your best offensive unit on the floor, especially when the two you have on the bench were 2 of your 3 best offensive players that game.

In the regular season his rotations were a joke.  It should not have taken more than 2 games to realize Brogdon was a way better option than Delly at the point guard, the center position rotation was comical (who's playing tonight, who's sitting tonight?), and the defensive scheme was way too complicated and chaotic.  I also don't think he did a very good job of putting players into situations where they were at their best.  Telle, for example, was one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA over the 2nd half of last season because the Suns actually ran some plays to get him coming off of screens for a 3 pointer.  The Bucks just let him float around and try to create a shot on his own.  That just doesn't work.  I get it, the defense and offense are run by other guys so that's not on Kidd, but Kidd is the head coach so ultimately he has to get some of the blame somewhere.

The player development has been great, but how hard is it for a former NBA great to get other NBA greats to come in and do the work for you?  "Hey, John Stockton, can we pay you a little bit to come in and work with Malcolm Brogdon a little bit?"  "KG, what's up, nice to hear from you.  Want to make a few Bucks to come in and work with 2 guys we think may be future HOFers and you can take some of the credit for their development?"

And from what I've heard this past offseason Sweeney (I believe...might've been one of the other assistants but pretty sure I remember it being Sweeney) basically lived with Giannis.  Was in the gym with him every day.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 08:52:45 AM »

I was expecting Thon to get the Darko treatment and we'd start to see some development next year. The improvement he's shown from the start of the year to now is incredible.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
Some insiders have basically said that Kidd was on his way to being fired until something with his attitude changed after the loss to the Nuggets.  They basically said he showed no interest whatsoever in coaching and then all of a sudden he became very engaged after that.  Their unproven theory is that there was some sort of meeting held between him and the owners after that game.

That small winning streak right around the All-Star Break saved his job. They were assembling a list of possible replacements.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
That small winning streak right around the All-Star Break saved his job. They were assembling a list of possible replacements.

Wojo to MKE!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:04 AM »

You are exactly right.

The only top 10 draft pick is Thon. Two of the starters are 2nd rounders. The other two were picked #15 and # 20 in the 1st round. Kidd has done an outstanding job.

However, what Wades say does have some merit. Kidd has shown that at times he can be dis-interested when the team is not playing well.

Overall, I think the team is two years from being a title contender. Giannis will be a Top 5 player in the league - he may be already - and Maker is going to be a real player in this league as well. Middleton has borderline all-star talent. I loved the Brogdon pick at the time, but he is way better than I hoped for.

This is also a great year to have the 17th pick in the draft. There are going to be a couple of future all-stars in the 15 - 25 range. Hopefully the Bucks choose wisely (and get lucky).

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »
You are exactly right.

The only top 10 draft pick is Thon. Two of the starters are 2nd rounders. The other two were picked #15 and # 20 in the 1st round. Kidd John Hammond has done an outstanding job.

However, what Wades say does have some merit. Kidd has shown that at times he can be dis-interested when the team is not playing well.

Overall, I think the team is two years from being a title contender. Giannis will be a Top 5 player in the league - he may be already - and Maker is going to be a real player in this league as well. Middleton has borderline all-star talent. I loved the Brogdon pick at the time, but he is way better than I hoped for.

This is also a great year to have the 17th pick in the draft. There are going to be a couple of future all-stars in the 15 - 25 range. Hopefully the Bucks choose wisely (and get lucky).

FTFY

(We can forgive him for Joel Alexander)