[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl commercials  (Read 11995 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: Super bowl commercials
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »
About damn time, I've been boycotting them for years!

Do you drink Goose Island, Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, or any of the other InBev beers they have acquired over the years?  Good chance you buy them and don't even know it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:32 AM »
I can't speak to the first statement you made, though it is entirely possible.

As to the financial risk ... yes, when a corporation takes a stand, it opens itself up to extreme negative reactions and sometimes even boycotts. In fact, a boycott against Bud is being organized right now.
[/color]

When has a boycott ever put a multimillion dollar company at risk? Hell the left tried to boycott Chick-fil-A and that didn't work.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:53:39 AM by muwarrior69 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
Do you drink Goose Island, Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, or any of the other InBev beers they have acquired over the years?  Good chance you buy them and don't even know it.

I hope he isn't a scooper - I have a friend who is a big wig at Miller Coors and MU who was telling glow and I at an event  that one big advantage  their products have over the craft breweries is their unwavering consistency -- yeah, consistently bland, we both said under our breaths.
Have some patience, FFS.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
Aimed at the underage high schoolers who take a case down to the lake.
There's a reason that over 200 microbrewerys exist in San Diego alone

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 11:02:55 AM »
I hope he isn't a scooper - I have a friend who is a big wig at Miller Coors and MU who was telling glow and I at an event  that one big advantage  their products have over the craft breweries is their unwavering consistency -- yeah, consistently bland, we both said under our breaths.

Have you guys been to the Pabst brewery since it came back to Milwaukee?

http://archive.jsonline.com/business/pabst-will-brew-beer-again-in-milwaukee-at-site-of-historic-brewery-b99537547z1-315341321.html

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
No, I believe it is addressing the perception that women are not paid the same as men for the same work.  It was created to prompt the response from women, "Oh, how nice! Audi cares about us!  If I am ever in the market for a luxury automobile, I will totally buy an Audi!"

This.

Listen, I fully believe in equality of pay regardless of gender, but you have to be pretty obtuse and arrogant if you think your own self-worth and value to society is defined by how much money you make.

You have to hand it to Audi, however; they sure do know their audience.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »

No, no, no and no.

(OK, I will have the occasional Bourbon County when available.)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
I don't believe this add was on the Super Bowl, but did anyone see the add by one of those chain Jewelry stores for Valentines Day targeting a female couple buying each other a diamond engagement ring? That was absolutely brilliant marketing in my opinion. Of course they also showed a straight  couple as well.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »
This.

Listen, I fully believe in equality of pay regardless of gender, but you have to be pretty obtuse and arrogant if you think your own self-worth and value to society is defined by how much money you make.

You have to hand it to Audi, however; they sure do know their audience.

And yet the first question that is asked of a stranger is, "what do you do for a living?"

The hallmark of America's society, for decades, has been determining a person's value by which office they enter. Advertising agencies have known this since their founding.

brandx

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »
I wonder when when the adds were made. Perhaps they thought Hillary would be president and were just being politically correct. Then again are those who oppose this administration saying paying women what they are worth is a financial risk?

And yet, the ad was being worked on long before the election and would have played no matter who won. They worked on that ad for 8 months - yes, most of that time Hillary was expected to be president.

So yeah, it was aimed at the Creep ::)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »
And yet the first question that is asked of a stranger is, "what do you do for a living?"

The hallmark of America's society, for decades, has been determining a person's value by which office they enter. Advertising agencies have known this since their founding.

Any other hallmarks of American society that arose around the same time period that you'd like to tout, or are we just picking and choosing which ones we use to justify people's nearsightedness.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Personally, I thought almost all of the ads sucked. The ones that were supposed to be fun weren't and while I'm not a "stick to sports" kind of guy, politics are getting suffocating these days so I didn't enjoy them showing up during the superbowl whether they were a message I believe in or not.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:50 PM »
Seriously.  If they had never let the first Busch into the country, think of all the crappy beer that would have never been produced.

They got really cute with the creative liberties in that story.  Cutting out the fact that he came with 3 of his brothers and that he was from a wealthy family and migrated cause being among the youngest, he wouldn't inherit the family business.  A true rough and tumble tale.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
They got really cute with the creative liberties in that story. Cutting out the fact that he came with 3 of his brothers and that he was from a wealthy family and migrated cause being among the youngest, he wouldn't inherit the family business.  A true rough and tumble tale.
That's nothing...there is NO WAY Melissa McCarthy got tossed into the side of a boat by a whale then survived being in a tree that got felled.  Talk about taking creative liberties!

(seriously, it's a commercial not an historical documentary)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
That's nothing...there is NO WAY Melissa McCarthy got tossed into the side of a boat by a whale then survived being in a tree that got felled.  Talk about taking creative liberties!

(seriously, it's a commercial not an historical documentary)

Granted; however, if Melissa McCarthy really had been tossed into the side of a boat but Kia still gave us the CGI commercial we saw instead, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
Obviously the Nintendo Switch ad was the best. HYPE!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdWd8fUC71g

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
Any other hallmarks of American society that arose around the same time period that you'd like to tout, or are we just picking and choosing which ones we use to justify people's nearsightedness.

You chose the hallmark. I was keeping it on topic.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
During the Mr. Clean commercial, I pointed out to my wife that I routinely clean the house and she never reacts that way.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
During the Mr. Clean commercial, I pointed out to my wife that I routinely clean the house and she never reacts that way.   

Wear tighter pants.

brandx

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 11:04:25 AM »
If Audi so concerned with economic equality for women, maybe that should just give us a 40% discount on their cars, because, you know, we only make 60 cents for every dollar a man makes. Allegedly.

Don't go all Heisy on us with #alternative facts

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »

Nor should she, especially if she works outside the home.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »
Agreed.   But I am still allowed to joke with her about it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »
Agreed.   But I am still allowed to joke with her about it.

Absolutely.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
That Mr. Clean was bald like me and had 6-pack abs like me.

He cleaned like my wife, though!

(That was for you, chickadee.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
i thought most of the super bowl commercials were pretty lame, especially given the price they paid just to air them.  i could have come up with something more clever and i'm cheap :D.  BUT, this post super bowl commercial is a doozy-ey roger dodger?

http://dailysnark.com/tom-brady-takes-shot-roger-goodell-commercial-released-super-bowl-win/
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback