[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl commercials  (Read 12000 times)

tower912

• All American
Super bowl commercials
« on: February 05, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
I liked the Honda CR-V commercial.  And John Malkovich always rocks.  It was nice to see Cam Newton make a play without an uncalled illegal hit on him.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:21:39 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Super bowl commercials
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »
Still down wit Ellie Gonsalves. Sometimes ya just long ta be a kangaroo, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
Audi's equality of pay commercial was very well done.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »
Half way through, I was ready to buy whatever they were selling. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »
Martha and Snoop Dog win.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
The Melissa McCarthy Kia ad made me chuckle.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 08:13:33 PM »
Audi's equality of pay commercial was very well done.

I thought it was a little patronizing.  But what do I know?
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 08:17:40 PM »
My wife stood and cheered during the ad and announced she wants an Audi.  So...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
My wife stood and cheered during the ad and announced she wants an Audi.  So...

I would never spend that kind of money on a car. As an underpaid woman, I can't afford it.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
Yup.  Not in our budget either.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:35:18 PM »
Nice to see Spuds McKenzie back, but it kinda sucks that he talks now.

Also, why is he wearing a plain blue shirt instead of a Hawaiian one?
Have some patience, FFS.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »
I would never spend that kind of money on a car. As an underpaid woman, I can't afford it.
HA!

though my two boys cheered so i'm happy.

i will say my Ford truck costs as much as the last Audi i owned - both very awesome vehicles for very different reasons.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
HA!

though my two boys cheered so i'm happy.

i will say my Ford truck costs as much as the last Audi i owned - both very awesome vehicles for very different reasons.

If Audi so concerned with economic equality for women, maybe that should just give us a 40% discount on their cars, because, you know, we only make 60 cents for every dollar a man makes. Allegedly.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:39 PM »

Oh pleez, hey? Let us no wen da Go Fund You account is set up so y'all don't haveta walk from parkin' on 6th and North for games, ai na?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:56:45 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 10:00:42 PM »
I enjoyed the Skittles one. Made me chuckle.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 02:27:30 AM »
Dad's dead now.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »

I took my car to the dealer for my free oil change. Went into the show room and checked out the sticker prices on different models. The Corvette was listed at a 102K. I can't even imagine what the insurance on that car would be. As a guy now living on a fixed income I can't afford it either, but if I could I would spend the money on other things.

Chick this was not meant as an insult. In my last job I worked in a department that was predominantly women. Most made more than I and I was compensated quite well. Do you think the add was targeting over paid men? I wonder if Audi pays women the same as men.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:20:44 AM by muwarrior69 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Some will say the Super Bowl is no place for political statements in advertisements.

Others would say this administration's worst instincts and actions must be fought at every opportunity and applaud Budweiser, Coca-Cola, Airbnb, Audi and others for taking financial risks to do so.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »

Chick this was not meant as an insult. In my last job I worked in a department that was predominantly women. Most made more than I and I was compensated quite well. Do you think the add was targeting over paid men?

No, I believe it is addressing the perception that women are not paid the same as men for the same work.  It was created to prompt the response from women, "Oh, how nice! Audi cares about us!  If I am ever in the market for a luxury automobile, I will totally buy an Audi!"

Have some patience, FFS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
Some will say the Super Bowl is no place for political statements in advertisements.

Others would say this administration's worst instincts and actions must be fought at every opportunity and applaud Budweiser, Coca-Cola, Airbnb, Audi and others for taking financial risks to do so.

True. I also think that some people want to view some of these ads as more political than they actually are.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »

I wonder when when the adds were made. Perhaps they thought Hillary would be president and were just being politically correct. Then again are those who oppose this administration saying paying women what they are worth is a financial risk?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:31 AM »
I wonder when when the adds were made. Perhaps they thought Hillary would be president and were just being politically correct. Then again are those who oppose this administration saying paying women what they are worth is a financial risk?

I can't speak to the first statement you made, though it is entirely possible.

As to the financial risk ... yes, when a corporation takes a stand, it opens itself up to extreme negative reactions and sometimes even boycotts. In fact, a boycott against Bud is being organized right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 09:37:18 AM »
True. I also think that some people want to view some of these ads as more political than they actually are.

Perhaps. But I'm a pretty pragmatic guy, and I don't see how at least a half-dozen of them were anything but extremely political given today's climate.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »

As to the financial risk ... yes, when a corporation takes a stand, it opens itself up to extreme negative reactions and sometimes even boycotts. In fact, a boycott against Bud is being organized right now.

About damn time, I've been boycotting them for years!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »

Seriously.  If they had never let the first Busch into the country, think of all the crappy beer that would have never been produced.
Have some patience, FFS.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 10:36:21 AM »

Do you drink Goose Island, Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, or any of the other InBev beers they have acquired over the years?  Good chance you buy them and don't even know it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:32 AM »

[/color]

When has a boycott ever put a multimillion dollar company at risk? Hell the left tried to boycott Chick-fil-A and that didn't work.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:53:39 AM by muwarrior69 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
Do you drink Goose Island, Stella Artois, Hoegaarden, or any of the other InBev beers they have acquired over the years?  Good chance you buy them and don't even know it.

I hope he isn't a scooper - I have a friend who is a big wig at Miller Coors and MU who was telling glow and I at an event  that one big advantage  their products have over the craft breweries is their unwavering consistency -- yeah, consistently bland, we both said under our breaths.
Have some patience, FFS.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
Aimed at the underage high schoolers who take a case down to the lake.
There's a reason that over 200 microbrewerys exist in San Diego alone

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 11:02:55 AM »
I hope he isn't a scooper - I have a friend who is a big wig at Miller Coors and MU who was telling glow and I at an event  that one big advantage  their products have over the craft breweries is their unwavering consistency -- yeah, consistently bland, we both said under our breaths.

Have you guys been to the Pabst brewery since it came back to Milwaukee?

http://archive.jsonline.com/business/pabst-will-brew-beer-again-in-milwaukee-at-site-of-historic-brewery-b99537547z1-315341321.html

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
No, I believe it is addressing the perception that women are not paid the same as men for the same work.  It was created to prompt the response from women, "Oh, how nice! Audi cares about us!  If I am ever in the market for a luxury automobile, I will totally buy an Audi!"

This.

Listen, I fully believe in equality of pay regardless of gender, but you have to be pretty obtuse and arrogant if you think your own self-worth and value to society is defined by how much money you make.

You have to hand it to Audi, however; they sure do know their audience.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »

No, no, no and no.

(OK, I will have the occasional Bourbon County when available.)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
I don't believe this add was on the Super Bowl, but did anyone see the add by one of those chain Jewelry stores for Valentines Day targeting a female couple buying each other a diamond engagement ring? That was absolutely brilliant marketing in my opinion. Of course they also showed a straight  couple as well.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »
This.

Listen, I fully believe in equality of pay regardless of gender, but you have to be pretty obtuse and arrogant if you think your own self-worth and value to society is defined by how much money you make.

You have to hand it to Audi, however; they sure do know their audience.

And yet the first question that is asked of a stranger is, "what do you do for a living?"

The hallmark of America's society, for decades, has been determining a person's value by which office they enter. Advertising agencies have known this since their founding.

brandx

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

And yet, the ad was being worked on long before the election and would have played no matter who won. They worked on that ad for 8 months - yes, most of that time Hillary was expected to be president.

So yeah, it was aimed at the Creep ::)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »
And yet the first question that is asked of a stranger is, "what do you do for a living?"

The hallmark of America's society, for decades, has been determining a person's value by which office they enter. Advertising agencies have known this since their founding.

Any other hallmarks of American society that arose around the same time period that you'd like to tout, or are we just picking and choosing which ones we use to justify people's nearsightedness.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Personally, I thought almost all of the ads sucked. The ones that were supposed to be fun weren't and while I'm not a "stick to sports" kind of guy, politics are getting suffocating these days so I didn't enjoy them showing up during the superbowl whether they were a message I believe in or not.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:50 PM »
Seriously.  If they had never let the first Busch into the country, think of all the crappy beer that would have never been produced.

They got really cute with the creative liberties in that story.  Cutting out the fact that he came with 3 of his brothers and that he was from a wealthy family and migrated cause being among the youngest, he wouldn't inherit the family business.  A true rough and tumble tale.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 01:47:54 PM »
They got really cute with the creative liberties in that story. Cutting out the fact that he came with 3 of his brothers and that he was from a wealthy family and migrated cause being among the youngest, he wouldn't inherit the family business.  A true rough and tumble tale.
That's nothing...there is NO WAY Melissa McCarthy got tossed into the side of a boat by a whale then survived being in a tree that got felled.  Talk about taking creative liberties!

(seriously, it's a commercial not an historical documentary)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
That's nothing...there is NO WAY Melissa McCarthy got tossed into the side of a boat by a whale then survived being in a tree that got felled.  Talk about taking creative liberties!

(seriously, it's a commercial not an historical documentary)

Granted; however, if Melissa McCarthy really had been tossed into the side of a boat but Kia still gave us the CGI commercial we saw instead, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
Obviously the Nintendo Switch ad was the best. HYPE!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdWd8fUC71g

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »
Any other hallmarks of American society that arose around the same time period that you'd like to tout, or are we just picking and choosing which ones we use to justify people's nearsightedness.

You chose the hallmark. I was keeping it on topic.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
During the Mr. Clean commercial, I pointed out to my wife that I routinely clean the house and she never reacts that way.     

brandx

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
During the Mr. Clean commercial, I pointed out to my wife that I routinely clean the house and she never reacts that way.   

Wear tighter pants.

brandx

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 11:04:25 AM »
If Audi so concerned with economic equality for women, maybe that should just give us a 40% discount on their cars, because, you know, we only make 60 cents for every dollar a man makes. Allegedly.

Don't go all Heisy on us with #alternative facts

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »

Nor should she, especially if she works outside the home.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 11:12:13 AM »
Agreed.   But I am still allowed to joke with her about it.   

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2017, 11:19:21 AM »
Agreed.   But I am still allowed to joke with her about it.

Absolutely.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
That Mr. Clean was bald like me and had 6-pack abs like me.

He cleaned like my wife, though!

(That was for you, chickadee.)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
i thought most of the super bowl commercials were pretty lame, especially given the price they paid just to air them.  i could have come up with something more clever and i'm cheap :D.  BUT, this post super bowl commercial is a doozy-ey roger dodger?

http://dailysnark.com/tom-brady-takes-shot-roger-goodell-commercial-released-super-bowl-win/
don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
The Audi commercial was not quite the ground-breaking, girl power ad that they wanted it to be. It also opened up a can of worms about Audi's lack of female executives. Oops.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffkauflin/2017/02/06/why-audis-super-bowl-ad-failed/#782c05605355

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
i thought most of the super bowl commercials were pretty lame, especially given the price they paid just to air them.  i could have come up with something more clever and i'm cheap :D.  BUT, this post super bowl commercial is a doozy-ey roger dodger?

http://dailysnark.com/tom-brady-takes-shot-roger-goodell-commercial-released-super-bowl-win/

Not a Brady fan, but that was awesome.  I guess that means that I'm even less of a Goodell fan.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:35 PM »
Not a Brady fan, but that was awesome.  I guess that means that I'm even less of a Goodell fan.

i agree-roger has over stayed his welcome plus he ain't cheap.  just looked up his salary-$35 mil and that is a cut from $44 mil?  hope he's ok.  don't the owners understand he has a family to feed?? ;D  his actual salary is around $3.2 but bonuses and other compensation comes from the owners.  at the rate he's going, he's going to have to pay to keep his job

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:26 AM »
i agree-roger has over stayed his welcome plus he ain't cheap.  just looked up his salary-$35 mil and that is a cut from $44 mil?  hope he's ok.  don't the owners understand he has a family to feed?? ;D  his actual salary is around $3.2 but bonuses and other compensation comes from the owners.  at the rate he's going, he's going to have to pay to keep his job

It's blood money, he's paid to go in front of the nation and stake a position the owners want but don't want to take the public hit for doing it. Goodell is awful, but ultimately he's a puppet of the owners and if the public actually cared about player health and safety as well as things like domestic violence in the league, they would direct their ire at the owners.

Roger will be the commissioner until he is no longer sustainable as a punching bag and/or he develops a conscience at which point the owners will make a show of getting a new, enlightened commissioner who will be the new wolf in different sheep's clothing.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »
Speaking of high-profile commercials, sponsors and athletes ...

On Tuesday, the Under Armour CEO said of Trump: "To have such a pro-business president is something that is a real asset for the country."

On Wednesday, Steph Curry said: "I agree with that description, if you remove the 'et'."

Classic. And accurate.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
Speaking of high-profile commercials, sponsors and athletes ...

On Tuesday, the Under Armour CEO said of Trump: "To have such a pro-business president is something that is a real asset for the country."

On Wednesday, Steph Curry said: "I agree with that description, if you remove the 'et'."

Classic. And accurate.

Stop buying Steph Curry gear! He should lose his endorsements! Remove him from the NBA All-Star Game! Disband the Warriors! Boycott the entire NBA!

(What? That's what would be said if Curry supported the elected president. Shouldn't it go both ways?)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »
Stop buying Steph Curry gear! He should lose his endorsements! Remove him from the NBA All-Star Game! Disband the Warriors! Boycott the entire NBA!

(What? That's what would be said if Curry supported the elected president. Shouldn't it go both ways?)

Why should it go both ways?

The Giants owner defended a kicker who was guilty of domestic violence.  The owner was shunned for it.  Your stance is that had he taken a stand against the kicker originally he should've been shunned then too?  Because it has to go both ways?

Seems silly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »
Why should it go both ways?

The Giants owner defended a kicker who was guilty of domestic violence.  The owner was shunned for it.  Your stance is that had he taken a stand against the kicker originally he should've been shunned then too?  Because it has to go both ways?

Seems silly.

That's quite the illogical leap that you made there. Not every case goes both ways and I never said that it should.

My facetious post was in reference to the fact that when someone supports the president, we see genuine, immediate, overblown backlash from the left against that person or organization. Therefore, when Curry expressed opposition to the president, I was presenting sarcastic, immediate, overblown backlash. It was a joke...that you took way too seriously.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »

Curry is Twitler-proof!

Steph is at least twice as popular as the so-called president, and he'd make a better leader of the free world, too!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
That's quite the illogical leap that you made there. Not every case goes both ways and I never said that it should.

My facetious post was in reference to the fact that when someone supports the president, we see genuine, immediate, overblown backlash from the left against that person or organization. Therefore, when Curry expressed opposition to the president, I was presenting sarcastic, immediate, overblown backlash. It was a joke...that you took way too seriously.

I don't think it has anything to do with left or right.

And no, you didn't say that every case goes both ways, but then what does "Shouldn't it go both ways?" have to do with it?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:53:52 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2017, 10:59:24 AM »
I don't think it has anything to do with left or right.

And no, you didn't say that every case goes both ways, but then what does "Shouldn't it go both ways?" have to do with it?

Read the next paragraph of that post.

Steph is at least twice as popular as the so-called president, and he'd make a better leader of the free world, too!

Be that as it may, Curry didn't win an election to become the actual, not so-called, president  ;)

We may be veering too far into political territory so I'm going to just move on...

How about that Cam Newton youth football commercial, huh? My kids LOVED that one.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »
MU82, I love you, man, and agree with you politically.    But you are the one who injected politics into this thread if it goes awry. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2017, 12:03:35 PM »
MU82, I love you, man, and agree with you politically.    But you are the one who injected politics into this thread if it goes awry.

Guilty as charged.

82 lashes with a wet noodle for me!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »

yup!

not a big fan of ga-ga but put on the best half time show in a long long time.  probably disappointed a lot of her "people"...ya know, with no wardrobe malfunctions and ALL ;) but sales of her "art" went off the charts after the show...hmmmmmm.  do they sell her chit at norstroms, macy's or chews.com, ey'ner?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »
Curry is Twitler-proof!

???

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »
???

You do know that Comrade Twitler called the judge who ruled against his Muslim ban executive order a "so-called judge," right?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2017, 05:56:35 AM »
You do know that Comrade Twitler called the judge who ruled against his Muslim ban executive order a "so-called judge," right?

speakin of kangaroos ;), wasn't there a commercial on australia or something?  perfect time for SNHU.edu to run a quick $5 million 30 second subliminal to offer discounts on classes about the constitution with an emphasis on who is and who is not protected by it.  for example, funny me, but i thought OUR constitution had something to do about people who LIVE HERE and are either citizens or have green cards or visas, but hey, a great opportunity to brush up on a little gubmint for dummies, hey hey heyn'er hey?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »

Now that's a Tennessee girl. Practical!

Seriously, I thought the political undertone in this year's batch of advertisements was a turn-off. I'm watching a Super Bowl to be entertained, not to be sold a political agenda. Save that for the other 364 days of the year.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2017, 08:33:42 AM »
Now that's a Tennessee girl. Practical!

Seriously, I thought the political undertone in this year's batch of advertisements was a turn-off. I'm watching a Super Bowl to be entertained, not to be sold a political agenda. Save that for the other 364 days of the year.

absolutely agree with this-big big reason why ga-ga was such a good show!

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »
absolutely agree with this-big big reason why ga-ga was such a good show!

Google Woody Guthrie you moron. Pretty ironic that a guy who is constantly blowing his bigoted dog whistle can't recognize it when it comes from the other side.

brandx

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
Google Woody Guthrie you moron. Pretty ironic that a guy who is constantly blowing his bigoted dog whistle can't recognize it when it comes from the other side.

Welcome back, Muta. I thought it was very deliberate why she started out her set the way she did. There was never any doubt where Woody stood on issues.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »

I did not know that.  I was hoping you hadn't gone completely mad, believing some of the conspiracy theories out there about the Ruskis hacking the WI, MI, PA polling machines.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2017, 10:00:20 PM »
I did not know that.  I was hoping you hadn't gone completely mad, believing some of the conspiracy theories out there about the Ruskis hacking the WI, MI, PA polling machines.

I do believe Russia hacked the DNC and fed stuff to WikiLeaks to hurt Hill and help Putin's comrade. The CIA believes it, too. I don't believe that about the polling machines.

I've only gone kind of mad, but the longer our so-called president stays in office, the madder we'll all get. It's contagious!

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2017, 10:17:49 PM »
crean sucks

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »
funny-brandeee ain't screamin for the mods to shut this down IMMEDIATELY! ???  wild guess here-shot it the dark-just an inkling-blind squirrel theory-he don't mind this side of the railroad tracks, ein"al? and check the pudding, it's in there-called the good ole....just sayin

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
Nice job, everyone.   Well done.