collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl LI  (Read 7984 times)

tower912

• All American
Super bowl LI
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »
Atlanta is faster on both sides of the ball so far.  Feels like Detroit against any good team so far.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
Re: Super bowl LI
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 06:44:08 PM »
No YAC for NE so far.  It feels like NE is running g the ball just to keep Brady from getting hit for a play.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
Old fashioned ass kicking so far.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »
Happy to see the NFC kick some Pat @ss - so far my wife has only cried during 2 commercials. 

also love John Malkovich

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:13:16 PM »
Ellie Gonsalves looked super hot, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
Please win this game on a free kick.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »
NE wins toss.  Doubt Atlanta will see the ball again....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
Punt was deep enough to prevent it.

The Falcons could not have drawn up a way to mess this up any worse. You could've legitimately taken 3 knees after the Jones catch on the sidelines and kicked a FG and won the Super Bowl. Absurd.

Not that it ended up mattering, but why would they challenge the Edelman catch with 2:03 left? Clock is running. Let it get to the 2 minute warning and challenge it. Could've given the Patriots a free timeout.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »
Why didn't the Pats free kick?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 09:19:08 PM »
Punt was deep enough to prevent it.

The Falcons could not have drawn up a way to mess this up any worse. You could've legitimately taken 3 knees after the Jones catch on the sidelines and kicked a FG and won the Super Bowl. Absurd.

Not that it ended up mattering, but why would they challenge the Edelman catch with 2:03 left? Clock is running. Let it get to the 2 minute warning and challenge it. Could've given the Patriots a free timeout.

Exactly.  Blame should be on Kyle Shanahan for passing after that.  Run the ball,therefore no sack, therefore no hold call and clock is running. Just terrible and I can't imagine being a Falcons fan right now. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 09:20:59 PM »
Atlanta's defense is gassed.  Time of possession is ridiculous.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Another play or two, and this game is over....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 09:26:09 PM »
A Bucky fooked 'em, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »
Oh, Roger..... give that trophy to Kraft, Belichik, and Brady.   Bwahahaha

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
Brady = GOAT.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Twice now the Pats have won SBs because the opponent is too dumb to run the ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
Brady = GOAT.

Hard to argue.  Atlanta gave him a chance with some stupid play calling, but he still had to get it done...again.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
Holy crap. Is that the biggest collapse in sports history?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Holy crap. Is that the biggest collapse in sports history?

I agree with most of the comments here.

Abstract question…

What percentage of this was a New England come back and what percentage of this was an Atlanta collapse?

I'd say 90% Atlanta collapse

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »
I have never seen a coaching decision that was undefendable...until tonight. On the 20 yard line, how do you not run the ball three times and kick the field goal?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
I imagine this Superbowl outcome has disgusted the highest amount of viewers, ever.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »
I agree with most of the comments here.

Abstract question…

What percentage of this was a New England come back and what percentage of this was an Atlanta collapse?

I'd say 90% Atlanta collapse

Yep.  NE's comeback was amazing, but if ATL just made the obvious calls after the Jones catch, it never would have gone to OT.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
Yep.  NE's comeback was amazing, but if ATL just made the obvious calls after the Jones catch, it never would have gone to OT.

Disagreed that it's 90% ATL choking.  NE had to be perfect for the last 17 minutes of football, and they were.  Even if ATL throws it and it's simply incomplete they still are in FG range.  They needed to make a play and they did (getting the sack).  They needed to score touchdowns on back to back possessions and get 2 point conversions on back to back possessions.  They needed to go 91 yards in 3 and a halfish minutes.  Etc. Etc. Etc.

It was about 95% NE being NE and 5% Atlanta leaving the door open.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
By the way, for anybody who hasn't seen it, the NFL Films documentary on the Patriots' Super Bowl season from 2 years ago, "Do Your Job," is incredible.  Well worth the 45 minutes.  Insane how many steps ahead of the game Belichick and their staff is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnWmKnUcWg

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 10:41:58 PM »
I have never seen a coaching decision that was undefendable...until tonight. On the 20 yard line, how do you not run the ball three times and kick the field goal?

This. Of course. Absolutely unbelievable that they didn't just run (which they had done well all game) and, if stopped, kick the clinching FG. To me, this was SIGNIFICANTLY more stupid than Seattle trying a first-down pass at the goal line the last time NE won.

I have a friend with an online gambling account and I almost bet $250 on NE -3 and $100 on the over. But I chickened out. For 3Q+ I was happy I had chickened out, but the combination of Atlanta's idiotic play-calling and Brady being Brady would have made me a double-winner!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback