collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2017  (Read 23984 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: What Are You Watching in 2017
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2017, 02:02:34 AM »
Anyone start on Mindhunter yet?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2017, 07:24:20 AM »

Probably will today. A few friends raving about it and Mrs brew loves serial killer stuff.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »

Started and finished. I'd recommend it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »

Literally watched the first four minutes yesterday. Stopped because I got a phone call not because it was bad. Friends have been raving about it so I'll definitely watch it. Something....unexpected....happens in the first four minutes
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
Spent a slow Sunday binging both seasons of Stranger Things.  Very well done.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2017, 07:57:13 AM »
Spent a slow Sunday binging both seasons of Stranger Things.  Very well done.

One of the more fun new offerings in years. My wife, who hates sci-fi, really loved it. The kids in it are so great, especially the girl who plays 011.

It might be a little intense for pre-teens who scare easily and there are a few cuss words and implied sex, but it really is a great show for just about anybody over 12 (and mature kids younger than that).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2017, 08:04:40 AM »
I was watching it thinking that my 10 year old can't watch it yet.   I remember cussing at that age in that era, but I didn't do it that much and never in front of an adult.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:17 AM »
Didn't go back through the thread to see if it had been mentioned but just finished American Vandal on Netflix. Very well done.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »
LivePD

LivePD is so f*cking good.

Probably have seen some of you jackasses on there already.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »

Loved Flex in studio a week+ ago. Blyyyyythe.

10 Degrees Guy needs to be back on!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/AtCyGD9WrPI
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2017, 11:31:27 PM »
Started watching Godless tonight. Outstanding show. I highly recommend it.

Don't waste time on the trailer - it captures none of the essence of the show.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
Didn't go back through the thread to see if it had been mentioned but just finished American Vandal on Netflix. Very well done.

I cosign this. A weird combo of serious and absurd
TAMU

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »

livePD is good-need to watch every so often to lift the self-esteem.  wow, the gene pool needs to be cleansed a little-ayyyn'a?

on another note, finally got back to narcos(netflix) season 2.  what a nasty mofo escobar was.  he got off too easy
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
  livePD is good-need to watch every so often to lift the self-esteem.  wow, the gene pool needs to be cleansed a little-ayyyn'a?

on another note, finally got back to narcos(netflix) season 2.  what a nasty mofo escobar was.  he got off too easy

Had a hard time getting through Narcos, they don't portray the entire situation in Colombia during that time completely correct.

I know, I know, it's a TV show and it's supposed to be entertaining more than completely factual just one of those shows I know is supposed to be good but kinda irks me. Don't even know if that makes any sense.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
Tried watching Live PD after the posts here, sorry I just find it to be Cops 2.0 and fairly boring. One episode featured 1/2 dozen officers in tactical gear attempting to serve arrest warrants in a OK trailer park except no one was home at the 4 trailers they visited.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2017, 10:33:57 AM »
Tried watching Live PD after the posts here, sorry I just find it to be Cops 2.0 and fairly boring. One episode featured 1/2 dozen officers in tactical gear attempting to serve arrest warrants in a OK trailer park except no one was home at the 4 trailers they visited.

+1000

I'd never watch cops and so I won't try LivePD either. Just another attempt to demonize minorities and the poor.

Now, if the cops went into gated communities, corporate America, and the churches, the show might be worthwhile.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
+1000

I'd never watch cops and so I won't try LivePD either. Just another attempt to demonize minorities and the poor.

Now, if the cops went into gated communities, corporate America, and the churches, the show might be worthwhile.

Keep in mind: it is live, i.e. unedited, so there's inevitably going to be a dud every once in a while.  Which for the cops, I would think a TV dud makes for a good day at work.  But calling it Cops 2.0 would be like calling SportsCenter "Local news sports segment 2.0."

The fact that it is live, and unedited, is what makes it interesting for those of us who demand actual reality from Reality TV instead of taking hours of heavily-produced footage and distilling it into a 21-minute show posited as "reality."

+1000

In that case, your ignorance may be blinding you to an otherwise welcomed opportunity... these cops are responding to calls wherever they come from, whether it's a trailer park or gated community.  So what you see depends on where the calls are coming from that evening.  Sure, the odds on any given night are going to be against seeing Sloane throwing down with Ferris outside their estate in Highland Park, but when it happens, it will be solid gold.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2017, 07:07:17 PM »
Keep in mind: it is live, i.e. unedited, so there's inevitably going to be a dud every once in a while.  Which for the cops, I would think a TV dud makes for a good day at work.  But calling it Cops 2.0 would be like calling SportsCenter "Local news sports segment 2.0."

The fact that it is live, and unedited, is what makes it interesting for those of us who demand actual reality from Reality TV instead of taking hours of heavily-produced footage and distilling it into a 21-minute show posited as "reality."

In that case, your ignorance may be blinding you to an otherwise welcomed opportunity... these cops are responding to calls wherever they come from, whether it's a trailer park or gated community.  So what you see depends on where the calls are coming from that evening.  Sure, the odds on any given night are going to be against seeing Sloane throwing down with Ferris outside their estate in Highland Park, but when it happens, it will be solid gold.

+1,000,000

you can say that again-dirty little secret jock, it's LIVE.  cops don't get to pick and choose which calls they go out on like i get to pick my family members.  fortunately for you, they even go to cop-hater's homes and save their a$$es.  your cop hating has been loud and clear for some time.

serious question-who do you call when someone is violating you and/or your family and property?  your mommy?  if you do consider calling a cop, i'm sure you're going tell them of your distrust and hate for them...before they consider saving your sorry...   

don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
Future Man on Hulu.  It’s like America’s answer to Kung Fu movies... a genre so bad, yet exciting, that it’s actually immensely entertaining. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »
Future Man on Hulu.  It’s like America’s answer to Kung Fu movies... a genre so bad, yet exciting, that it’s actually immensely entertaining.

This autoplayed on me the other night after I was watching Rick and Morty around 75% asleep, and the first couple episodes weren't bad at all.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »
O Z A R K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Finally got to it--holy crap.  I love slow moving, character developing drama.  This ain't it!    End to end action (but with full character development) and shocking moments.

As Andy Greenwald said--"I don't know if it's good...but I do know that it's GREAT!"

Last episode the scene with the preacher in the lake-not gonna spoil it, but I was like "no he won't...oh, jesus, they're going to do this...they f*ing cannot do this...oh god no ... nothing like this has ever been done on television...arrrghh ...."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
Legs, agree with everything you said. That season finale was the most dramatic/intense hour of television I have ever watched....and I loved it
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2017, 10:50:11 AM »
Has anybody been watching Big Mouth? I'm kind of obsessed with it. I don't recommend it to everyone because it is VERY vulgar and sometimes a little juvenile,  but it is hilarious and makes some subtle cultural commentary and since creative takes on puberty
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »
Has anybody been watching Big Mouth? I'm kind of obsessed with it. I don't recommend it to everyone because it is VERY vulgar and sometimes a little juvenile,  but it is hilarious and makes some subtle cultural commentary and since creative takes on puberty

During the MU-UW watching event in Charlotte, one of our fellow Warriors recommended Big Mouth to me. My wife and I watched the first episode last night.

Absolutely stupid and over-the-top vulgar ... and DEFINITELY not for the kiddies ... but we laughed several times, including a couple of big belly laughs. We'll watch it again.

We've also watched some Bojack Horseman. Also completely ridiculous and stupid, also makes us laugh quite a bit.

As for Ozark, we have seen the entire season except for the finale, which we'll probably watch tomorrow. It's not easy to watch but it is engrossing. Jason Bateman is better than I thought. Laura Linney always annoys me, but she often plays annoying characters. The supporting cast is excellent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2017, 01:53:20 PM »
During the MU-UW watching event in Charlotte, one of our fellow Warriors recommended Big Mouth to me. My wife and I watched the first episode last night.

Absolutely stupid and over-the-top vulgar ... and DEFINITELY not for the kiddies ... but we laughed several times, including a couple of big belly laughs. We'll watch it again.

We've also watched some Bojack Horseman. Also completely ridiculous and stupid, also makes us laugh quite a bit.

As for Ozark, we have seen the entire season except for the finale, which we'll probably watch tomorrow. It's not easy to watch but it is engrossing. Jason Bateman is better than I thought. Laura Linney always annoys me, but she often plays annoying characters. The supporting cast is excellent.

Glow jr. flipped on Big Mouth a couple of weeks ago when we were watching TV together.  Normally I don't feel uncomfortable watching R-rated stuff in the same room with him, but this was a little much.  If this is really how the mind of a teen-age boy works, I don't need to know.
Have some patience, FFS.