[Today at 01:00:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2017  (Read 23911 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: What Are You Watching in 2017
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
Six on the History channel has been solid so far.

It's pretty solid and relatively realistic
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
Taboo is the only new show.

I'm through 3 episodes at this point and I am still unsure if I like the show cause it's good or because I think it could be good. The East India Company stuff is awesome and the visuals are awesome, but this whole linkage between his time in Africa and his NA? mother and the current day is confusing.

And I really hope he and his sister did what I think the show is hinting they did, because if not I'm checking myself into a mental ward for being an awful human being.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
If anyone is into sci-fi shows, Season 2 of The Expanse is on SyFy right now and it's even better than season 1 was. Highly recommended for the near flawless depiction of what actual space travel/fights look like alone.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 12:53:52 PM »
I'm enjoy some of the campy network stuff like APB and Lethal Weapon. Really wish they would use Ernie Hudson more tho

He's getting too old for that sh!t.

See what I did there?   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
He's getting too old for that sh!t.

See what I did there?   ;D

🏀

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 01:37:29 PM »
I'm through 3 episodes at this point and I am still unsure if I like the show cause it's good or because I think it could be good. The East India Company stuff is awesome and the visuals are awesome, but this whole linkage between his time in Africa and his NA? mother and the current day is confusing.

And I really hope he and his sister did what I think the show is hinting they did, because if not I'm checking myself into a mental ward for being an awful human being.

I think I'm at epsiode 4, it picks up. I believe two more seasons are already in the works, it was a hit across the sea.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »
Yep on OA, but be careful- I got sucked in too. It gets more than a little ridiculous about halfway in, maybe more.  The end was a surprise and kinda redeemed itself, but not sure it got me all the way back.  You'll know what I mean when you get there, but the "movement" stuff was a bridge too far for me.

Just finished watching the OA yesterday. Disappointed by the ending but really enjoyed the rest of it.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »
Just watched 2 more episodes of Sneaky Pete (I'm 5 in).  Can't trust anyone.  Filled with suspense.  Great acting.  A hard to believe premise but that is the point of the con, I guess-people believe what the want to believe. 

Top notch.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
Two follow-ups.  Watched all of OA and like others have said, odd ending, but enjoyed the ride.

And next season of Catastrophe this week!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
Brockmire

reinko

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:33 AM »
Just threw myself back into Bosch on Amazon, fun show.  Also finally got around to watching Billions.  Wow, what a show.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
Started watching Powerless.  I'm not a DC guy, but I am a fan of the guy who's got the second billing.

I did too for same reason and was entertained.
Just got cancelled. Networks, man.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2017, 05:21:42 PM »
I did too for same reason and was entertained.
Just got cancelled. Networks, man.

Fun show, but not surprised. Would've been better off on CW. Be interesting to see what happens if and when Damage Control ever makes it to production. It's a Marvel show with a somewhat similar concept that ABC had in the works.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »
Just finished bingeing all seasons of The Bates Motel, we really enjoyed this show.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:49:59 AM by Waldo Jeffers »

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 10:38:04 PM »
I thought Goliath was fantastic and I am not a fan of Billy Bob Thornton. Another great Netflix show is called "Love" which just released Season 2 somewhat recently. Also a big fan of Catastrophe. Lastly, I think Veep, Silicon Valley and Crashing (all HBO shows are extremely we'll write and entertaining.

Damn, that's a lot of tv. I guess I need to hit the gym more often. Wait a minute...don't they have tvs on the treadmills now?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »
Watched American God's last night.  A fever dream.  Violent, profane surreal. I think I can see the outline of the big story and I am intrigued.  Ian McShane is an actor I always enjoy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
Brockmire

+Infinity, by far my favorite show of 2017 to date.

{Announcer voice} I may not be the best f#$ in every room, but I am certainly the best f$# in THIS room

source?

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2017, 12:54:38 PM »
I've been streaming Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon. It isn't exactly action packed but I think it is an interesting show that deals with an uncommon subject matter.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »
+Infinity, by far my favorite show of 2017 to date.

{Announcer voice} I may not be the best f#$ in every room, but I am certainly the best f$# in THIS room

I was legitmately crying after this:

"Y'all have the same crappy fast food restaurants, the same empty main streets lined with boarded-up store fronts. They're scraped-out husks, victims of the unbridled capitalism that made a lie out of the American dream. So let's not make baseball out to be any more important than it really is. It's just a diversion that keeps us from pondering our own personal hells. So what do you say, folks? How about we kill another 3 hours on our slow and painful march to the grave? All right, top of the 1st. Should have a good one here this afternoon."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »
I was legitmately crying after this:

"Y'all have the same crappy fast food restaurants, the same empty main streets lined with boarded-up store fronts. They're scraped-out husks, victims of the unbridled capitalism that made a lie out of the American dream. So let's not make baseball out to be any more important than it really is. It's just a diversion that keeps us from pondering our own personal hells. So what do you say, folks? How about we kill another 3 hours on our slow and painful march to the grave? All right, top of the 1st. Should have a good one here this afternoon."

"Oh my god, I mean I thought I hit rock bottom in a handicap stall in Bangkok when a Thai lady-boy snorted crank off my johnson while a sun-burned German watched us on the toilet".........{Charles}: "Quick question, so the German guy. Was he on the toilet or was he like ON the toilet?"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »
Patriot on Amazon.  Pretty good, I think there are some scenes that are extremely well written and flow in a way that I enjoy. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2017, 04:10:39 PM »
Watched American God's last night.  A fever dream.  Violent, profane surreal. I think I can see the outline of the big story and I am intrigued.  Ian McShane is an actor I always enjoy.

Have you read the book?

Neil Gaimen can WRITE.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
Currently watching The Get Down on Netflix.  There are currently two parts.

Its a fictionalized representation of the beginnings of Hip Hop in the Bronx in the lat 70s

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
Have you read the book?

Neil Gaimen can WRITE.

Not yet.   Probably going to have to get it now. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.