[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's the Weirdest MU Gear You Own?  (Read 10898 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
Re: What's the Weirdest MU Gear You Own?
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
On a side note, Chi-town, how often do you run into people in England that have actually heard of Marquette?

Not Chi-Town and not currently overseas, but in 2011, I went for a run near Buckingham Palace with an MU T-shirt and was stopped twice, once by a fellow MU grad and once by a Georgetown grad. It was a weird rush to have people recognize MU and was never duplicated.

And back then, there was a decent MU Alumni Club that hosted NMD. Over 20 people showed up, which I thought was pretty fantastic.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
Would have paid for this baby.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
Orientation staff. Did you guys have the square dance back in the day?

Holy crap Chitown.  Is there anything your generation ever did that was even close?  We used to have giant Block Parties with free beer for all.  We used to have genuine rock concerts every Friday afternoon.  We used to legally roll half barrels into McCormick on Saturday afternoon.  Please.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Tom Crean bobblehead.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
I almost forgot.  I found these vintage blazer buttons on Ebay and I made glow a pair of cufflinks out of them.  Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 08:52:41 AM »
KO signed bottle of Seagrams 7

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
Not Chi-Town and not currently overseas, but in 2011, I went for a run near Buckingham Palace with an MU T-shirt and was stopped twice, once by a fellow MU grad and once by a Georgetown grad. It was a weird rush to have people recognize MU and was never duplicated.

And back then, there was a decent MU Alumni Club that hosted NMD. Over 20 people showed up, which I thought was pretty fantastic.

When I was in Ireland in 2003, fresh off the FF appearance, I wore my gold Marquette hoodie just about everywhere.  At the Cliffs of Mhothair, I actually had a couple people come up to me and mention the basketball team; however, it was quite clear they were American students studying abroad. 

But the highlight was while I was taking some pictures in Cobh outside of St. Colman's, I was approached - as it turns out - by a French nun who just walked up and started talking to me about Père Jacques; at the time I was only a few years removed from six years of HS and college French, but I could only describe my proficiency at the time as "excruciatingly conversational."  So next time you find yourself explaining to an ignorant American that you're not from Michigan (presumably in English), think about ol' Benny trying to explain to a French nun that he's not a Jesuit seminarian (en français).

Still have the hoodie, by the way... couple of holes in it - not as tattered as my other early 00's threads - but it's seen way too much to ever be retired.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »
Does anyone know if MU zuba pants were ever made at any point in time?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:30 PM »
I almost forgot.  I found these vintage blazer buttons on Ebay and I made glow a pair of cufflinks out of them.  Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

I have those blazer buttons!  I had 'em sewn onto my best blue blazer.  I had the sleeve buttons put on too.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
Holy crap Chitown.  Is there anything your generation ever did that was even close?  We used to have giant Block Parties with free beer for all.  We used to have genuine rock concerts every Friday afternoon.  We used to legally roll half barrels into McCormick on Saturday afternoon.  Please.
Violent Femmes for free. The mugrack for lunch, a sandwich and a beer out of an extensive beer menu. Concerts at the varsity theater and a world series. Such great times!
Goal is National Championship

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
Oh hell, yeah.  And just in time for Saturday, no less.   

Definitely the Navy/Yellow combination.  I wasn't sure about these when I first saw them, but decided to take a chance and I am ecstatic right now.  Then again, it could just be the VOCs emanating from the dye on the shoes that's making me happy right now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

sodakmu87

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
I have a Bursars Bypass certificate from the days we would register for classes in the Old Gym.  Ah, the 1980s.   I feel sad for the folks writing those checks now.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 06:06:10 PM »
Does anyone know if MU zuba pants were ever made at any point in time?

Made? You can buy them at the Spirit Shop, I'm on my second pair.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »
I still have this old MU athletic towel that Rick Majerus handed me....it's a little crusty and still smells awful after all these years...a picture would not work well as the MU logo seems smudged.
That sir, is disgusting...and weird!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »
KO signed bottle of Seagrams 7
Is the Seagrams still in the bottle, or did O'Neill slosh it down first?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
At the game yesterday, I found out that MarquetteStyle.com, the purveyor of Jimmy Mac's crazy new pants and the Al McGuire-style obnoxious sportcoats, is giving away a $500 prize package if you like them on Facebook.  Worst case scenario, you get a 20% coupon.

You can find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/marquettestyle/

I saw several of the sportcoats at the game on Saturday.
Have some patience, FFS.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2017, 12:30:39 PM »
The most unique MU item I own is probably my copy of Goin' Uptown': Marquette's March to Madness and Return to the Final Four (Story of the 2003 Final Four team, which was my freshman year at MU). Rick Majerus wrote the book's foreword. I got the chance to meet Coach Rick when I was in law school at SLU, and Rick was the head coach of SLU. Got him to sign the book "GO MU AND SLU TOO! ALWAYS A WARRIOR, RICK MAJERUS." Majerus passed about a year after I met him.

I also own a pair of MU Warrior Cufflinks that I got as a Groomsman gift for standing up in my brother's wedding. I wear them to almost every Marquette wedding, and wore them to my swearing-in ceremony to the Wisconsin State Bar. Gotta wear some blue and gold in Madison!

“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews