Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's the Weirdest MU Gear You Own?  (Read 10901 times)

Benny B

• All American
What's the Weirdest MU Gear You Own?
« on: February 02, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »
I saw this today from Allen-Edmonds... even ignoring the price, I don't even know what to say to these (although A-E must do some pretty good "fan business" to keep coming out with these types of offerings).

But it got me thinking... between the A-E kicks and Jimmy Mac's fabulous check pants, who else has that MU-something in your closet that makes your spouse or kids cringe?  [If you have them, pictures would be spectacular.]

I suppose mine is my very first Fanatics t-shirt... to say the thing is tattered and torn would be a severe understatement.  All of the screen printing has pretty much worn off, and frankly, one more cycle through the wash and the thing will probably fall apart.  Nevertheless, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
Re: What's the Weirdest MU Gear You Own?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 06:53:56 PM »
I still have this old MU athletic towel that Rick Majerus handed me....it's a little crusty and still smells awful after all these years...a picture would not work well as the MU logo seems smudged.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
I saw this today from Allen-Edmonds... even ignoring the price, I don't even know what to say to these (although A-E must do some pretty good "fan business" to keep coming out with these types of offerings).

But it got me thinking... between the A-E kicks and Jimmy Mac's fabulous check pants, who else has that MU-something in your closet that makes your spouse or kids cringe?  [If you have them, pictures would be spectacular.]

I suppose mine is my very first Fanatics t-shirt... to say the thing is tattered and torn would be a severe understatement.  All of the screen printing has pretty much worn off, and frankly, one more cycle through the wash and the thing will probably fall apart.  Nevertheless, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

LOL...pretty sure I'm getting a pair of those for my birthday (to go along with the Al McGuire style blazer my wife is getting me). May need to convince her to let me wear it early for National Marquette Day...birthday is Feb 22, last home game I can attend are Xavier on the 18th and St. John's on the 21st.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
I still have this old MU athletic towel that Rick Majerus handed me....it's a little crusty and still smells awful after all these years...a picture would not work well as the MU logo seems smudged.

You got one too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:17:38 PM »
Get some Florsheim shoes instead.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 07:27:12 PM »
Blue and Gold wristbands from the '77 Final Four...still in the package.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »
I would pay handsomely for a Mike Deane autographed game worn seat belt.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:10 PM »
I own an old al McGuire center banner that has a list of every postseason appearance 1955-2008. I keep meaning to update it but it seems like a big pain
Maigh Eo for Sam

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
LOL...pretty sure I'm getting a pair of those for my birthday (to go along with the Al McGuire style blazer my wife is getting me). May need to convince her to let me wear it early for National Marquette Day...birthday is Feb 22, last home game I can attend are Xavier on the 18th and St. John's on the 21st.

I have a pair. I'll post pics in a bit.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »
Here they are. Definitely not for every day wear. However, I do enjoy breaking them out at the office as tournament play approaches. Sadly, they haven't made many appearances recently.  :'(

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 11:11:08 PM »
Not apparel.  But when I was a freshman they used to just hand the big heads out in the student section.  One day mid season all student ticket holders get an email from MUBB (if I'm remembering correctly) saying that you would need to hand over your student ID to get a big head and then your ID would be returned to you when you returned the big head at the end of the game because the Dwyane Wade big head had gone missing.

Fast forward to later that school year and I go to a friend of a friend's apartment and what's hanging from their wall?  The Dwyane Wade big head.  Wanted to steal it from them so badly, but didn't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »
Not apparel.  But when I was a freshman they used to just hand the big heads out in the student section.  One day mid season all student ticket holders get an email from MUBB (if I'm remembering correctly) saying that you would need to hand over your student ID to get a big head and then your ID would be returned to you when you returned the big head at the end of the game because the Dwyane Wade big head had gone missing.

Fast forward to later that school year and I go to a friend of a friend's apartment and what's hanging from their wall?  The Dwyane Wade big head.  Wanted to steal it from them so badly, but didn't.

We had Print World print those off, then we had to cut them to shape. I'm shocked how long some of those lasted.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 07:09:43 AM »
Warrior sweatshirt that I would wear to games, if I lost 50lbs.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 07:19:04 AM »
Eat yo hearts out y'all 'cuz I gotta peace of da 1977 NCAA Championship net from da Omni in ATL, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 08:02:48 AM »
I have two Loudmouth golf skirts I wear to games.  One of them is the paint splatter pattern, and the other is the blue and gold swirls.  Carolyn Kieger approached me once and asked me where she could get one.

At a game last year, Jimmy Mac and I were both wearing gold polo shirts and the paint splatter bottoms (pants on Jimmy Mac, of course).  I tweeted a picture of myself and tagged him, and he told me to come down at halftime for a picture.  I use it as my Facebook profile picture a lot.

And so far I have never seen anyone else wear the golf skirt at games, so if you ever notice a middle-aged blonde wearing one, yeah, that's Warriorchick, all right.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:12:41 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »
Eat yo hearts out y'all 'cuz I gotta peace of da 1977 NCAA Championship net from da Omni in ATL, hey?

You got one too, hey?

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had a pair of MU boxer shorts, until a girlfriend swipped them from me during college.  Samething happened to a pair of MU Umbro's I had....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »

It would be interesting to know if they ever have any of these in their little outlet store in Port Washington.

Also, Dr. Lovell tweeted out a picture of the Allen Edmonds he wore to his inauguration ceremony - they were navy with gold laces.

A friend of mine has blue and gold Topsiders that he wears to games...I haven't been able to find them online.  If anyone knows where I can buy some, let me know.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »

I wear those to games, comfort.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Warrior sweatshirt that I would wear to games, if I lost 50lbs.

I've got a T-shirt with an MU fist holding a plucked chicken by the neck and on the chicken it says Notre Dame.  My roommates DAD who was a domer "was offended" by that shirt
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »
I still have my intramural champions tank top somewhere from my basketball playing days back in 1988.  Sixth man baby!!!

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »
Those AEs are fly as hell. For the fellas that have em, what is the best MU color combo?  Since they don't let you customize on the site its hard to guess.  I'm guessing the primary needs to be the blue - go regular blue or navy? Is yellow more the MU color or does the gold match pretty well?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »
I have two Loudmouth golf skirts I wear to games.  One of them is the paint splatter pattern, and the other is the blue and gold swirls.  Carolyn Kieger approached me once and asked me where she could get one.

At a game last year, Jimmy Mac and I were both wearing gold polo shirts and the paint splatter bottoms (pants on Jimmy Mac, of course).  I tweeted a picture of myself and tagged him, and he told me to come down at halftime for a picture.  I use it as my Facebook profile picture a lot.

And so far I have never seen anyone else wear the golf skirt at games, so if you ever notice a middle-aged blonde wearing one, yeah, that's Warriorchick, all right.

No way. I saw you recently. I'll have to say hello next time.

To be back on topic: My "weirdest" (not really to me) Marquette related gear is the extensive collection of blue and gold bow ties that I usually try and wear to games. Looking to expand into the Stan Johnson world of blazers as well.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had a pair of MU boxer shorts, until a girlfriend swipped them from me during college.  Samething happened to a pair of MU Umbro's I had....

Odd, I always dated broads who didn't wear underwear, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2017, 10:42:51 AM »
I still have my intramural champions tank top somewhere from my basketball playing days back in 1988.  Sixth man baby!!!
Could you dunk?
Goal is National Championship

feedback