'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: National MU Day "Stripes"  (Read 24213 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: National MU Day "Stripes"
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2017, 11:16:59 AM »

Remember that this guy's first post included the following:

"Steve Taylor will be the conference (whatever the new conference is called) player of the year either his junior or senior season."

So his judgement is not the best.

Steve is having a great year in the MAC.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »
 Section 411.   In a happy coincidence, I have a yellow MU t-shirt from about 20 years ago.    My wife has a yellow MU sweatshirt.    The 10 year old will be the one not wearing yellow.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

Good for him!  That's where he should have been in the first place.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »
Section 411.   In a happy coincidence, I have a yellow MU t-shirt from about 20 years ago.    My wife has a yellow MU sweatshirt.    The 10 year old will be the one not wearing yellow.   

I got you Tower

http://spiritshop.marquette.edu/
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »
I got plenty of navy but no baby. Maybe I'll wear white.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2017, 12:03:16 PM »
You swear everything and everyone associated with MU is incompetent.    The athletic department just needs to grab a number and stand in line.

Don'cha know ...

Everybody's incompetent except for Al Davis, who fired a coach every year, drafted Todd Marinovich and JaMarcus Russell, and quickly ruined the only SB team he stumbled upon in his last two decades on this earth.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »
I got plenty of navy but no baby. Maybe I'll wear white.

Dude, you don't have a blue oxford to wear?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ChocolateSauce.

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »
Although nice find by chick, I hope we don't base our ability to "___ -out" solely on this doctored photo.  Tennessee Orange speckled with other colors - doable, but the white sections? Com'on, unless the students paint rolled the isles white on their way up.  Even part of the visiting team is all in white!  Com'on!
Mm sure Tennessee can pull this off with free teeshirts, but not this good!  Com'on!

Come on.  If the Vols can pull this off in a 100,000 seat stadium, we can do some stripes in an 18000 seat arena:

And yes, everyone brought their own shirt to wear.  And yes, Tennessee Orange is exponentially more obnoxious than Marquette Gold.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
I'm driving 4.5 hours to sit in nosebleed seats that cost me a half a car payment on stubhub.    I am going to wear my MU stuff and not worry about the assigned color of my section.    That doesn't make me a bad fan.   

Compared to a 10 hour daily commute, 4.5 should seem like a cakewalk, no?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »
Although nice find by chick, I hope we don't base our ability to "___ -out" solely on this doctored photo.  Tennessee Orange speckled with other colors - doable, but the white sections? Com'on, unless the students paint rolled the isles white on their way up.  Even part of the visiting team is all in white!  Com'on!
Mm sure Tennessee can pull this off with free teeshirts, but not this good!  Com'on!

Doctored?  I don't think so.  Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee+vols+checkerboard+stadium&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyq-roqJXSAhWowVQKHbnTAtgQ_AUICCgB&biw=1378&bih=990
Have some patience, FFS.

ChocolateSauce.

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
I saw those too.  But the one you picked is doctored.  Why submit a doctored one when there are so many?  However, if someone doctors one, it puts the rest into question.  Fool me once...

Doctored?  I don't think so.  Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee+vols+checkerboard+stadium&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyq-roqJXSAhWowVQKHbnTAtgQ_AUICCgB&biw=1378&bih=990

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »
I saw those too.  But the one you picked is doctored.  Why submit a doctored one when there are so many?  However, if someone doctors one, it puts the rest into question.  Fool me once...

I just used the first one I saw.  Does it make any difference?  It looks exactly like the real one.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:09 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »
Goal is National Championship

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2017, 01:12:50 AM »
This would be a great idea, if they supplied the shirts. No chance this is going to work.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2017, 07:39:40 AM »

Great year? His ORtg is lower & turnover rate higher compared to everyone on the Marquette roster
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:47 AM »
Here's my whole thing with the stripe out. I'm fine with the effort to do some sort of ____ out but why do we have to take the difficulty level to 11 and go for a 3 color scheme? Go with a Gold Out or a Blue and Gold Out or whatever....it's like the Athletic Department was out with other Athletic Departments and went all..
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »
One other note, the fact that they aren't giving shirts away for this is telling....couldn't get a sponsor for the damn thing and that just depresses me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »
Should have called it "Bumble Bee" out.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2017, 09:13:58 AM »

Holy crap that's altered, almost as bad as Wisconsin dropping a black man into a picture.

Not only are the Florida fans colored over, they colored over structural parts of the stadium, jacked up the saturation and tinted some press box windows.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
Holy crap that's altered, almost as bad as Wisconsin dropping a black man into a picture.

Not only are the Florida fans colored over, they colored over structural parts of the stadium, jacked up the saturation and tinted some press box windows.

Fine.  here is a time lapse video of everyone actually filing in and taking their seats:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/To6Efxurs0g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/To6Efxurs0g</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »
Fine.  here is a time lapse video of everyone actually filing in and taking their seats:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/To6Efxurs0g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/To6Efxurs0g</a>

I'm not taking away from the impressive feat, and I doubt you purposely picked that picture. However, the picture definetly had a lot of work done.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
I'm not taking away from the impressive feat, and I doubt you purposely picked that picture. However, the picture definetly had a lot of work done.

I found out after I posted it that it was a mock-up designed to encourage people to do it.

Perhaps Marquette should have done the same.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2017, 11:06:49 AM »

Remember that this guy's first post included the following:

"Steve Taylor will be the conference (whatever the new conference is called) player of the year either his junior or senior season."

So his judgement is not the best.

Steve is having a pretty solid year, no? The guy has talent. It was unfortunate his career at Marquette was filled with injuries and a coaching change. The guy can play. It was a prediction....