[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: mccadams remains on PAID suspension until/if...?  (Read 887 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
mccadams remains on PAID suspension until/if...?
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »
unless i am reading this incorrectly; if doc mccadams apologizes(which i doubt he will do) and admits he was wrong/admitting guilt,(again, i think doc mccadams would rather walk across burning coals with a gas can in each hand than comply) he will continue to get PAID?  so if dr. mccadams apologizes, he get's his job back?

nice job if you can get it-while this issue remains unresolved, it continues to keep MU in a very bad light from a PR point of view.  wouldn't they just want it to go away? 

in MU's favor, this issue has faded from the limelight-i would argue that if this were flip-flopped, and it were a prof. of opposing ideology, this would still be front and center. 

i guess i was mainly surprised to see that MU is still paying him-is that to avoid "firing" him?  dr. lovell continues to blur the lines here between personal expression/freedom of speech, academic freedom and "irresponsible conduct".  marquette is standing firm on a very broadly stated mission statement/guiding values and harassing a "student teacher".  marquette and dr. lovell think they finally have found the "magic bullet" to rid themselves of a long time pain in their arse

"he punishment was handed down following a Faculty Hearing Committee investigation, which according to Weber not only concluded “that Dr. McAdams engaged in a serious instance of irresponsible conduct,” but also that he had “set himself on a course” likely to lead to repetitions of the behavior in question."

my opinion-someone needs to remind dr. lovell that MU isn't part of the UW system-we are MARQUETTE damn-it!!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/3515081/posts

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8649

this all started with our name change from WARRIORS to golden...drip drip drip

don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: mccadams remains on PAID suspension until/if...?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:13:00 AM »
Bad PR? Literally nobody outside the university cares and its been months since even anybody here has mentioned it. Anyways, in before the lock.