[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Greg Elliott  (Read 20434 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Greg Elliott
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
I know it's a bit off topic but why does it seem that a lot of the 90s greats just aren't involved outside of Mac? Like I never hear anything about Tony smith or Amal mccaskill Or Chris Crawford being involved with the program while we hear of basically every other era being pretty involved.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
I know it's a bit off topic but why does it seem that a lot of the 90s greats just aren't involved outside of Mac? Like I never hear anything about Tony smith or Amal mccaskill Or Chris Crawford being involved with the program while we hear of basically every other era being pretty involved.

I would guess maybe a bit too recent still? My guess is most of those guys are still either wrapping up playing careers or otherwise employed. Most of the guys that seem to be involved are probably also 30+ years removed from their degree and getting closer to retirement, which allows for more time to focus on things like the basketball program.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2017, 06:17:38 PM »
Tony was just in the atrium signing autographs on Saturday. In recent years he also has filled in for Mac with Homer for a November broadcast.
Robbie has season tickets and goes to Bo Ellis outing every year--so they are around.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »

I actually see more of them at the Buzz BBQ than any other decade. You just don't recognize them but they are United in their hate of KO (and love).

MuMark

• All American

HoopsterBC

• All American

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
Curious why more teams are not on this kid, any ideas?

Typical late riser who will be very sought after during the second signing period.  Scoring wasn't his role on his HS team until this year, and he has shown more ability than was expected.  Also needs to physically fill out.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 05:59:27 AM »
Does anybody else get a DWade vibe when watching and reading about this kid?

Same height and build (both have/had relatively thin frames), both can fill up the stat sheet, both play multiple positions (but are most comfortable at the 2 guard), both attack the rim, and both were relatively overlooked by major programs (although it seems the word is getting out on Greg).

It appears that G has a better outside shoot, even though I cringe when I see his feet/knees when he releases the ball.

I think this guy would be a great one for MU.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 06:23:58 AM »
I said this a couple weeks back on another board.  Greg Elliott reminds me some of former Wisconsin player Devin Harris.  Harris was more of a point guard and was a blur with the ball.  Built like Harris and has the same agression on the court.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2017, 10:22:14 PM »
Looking like it may come down to Marquette or Michigan St.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2017, 11:03:10 PM »
Best 3 from a Mi city to one school?
MSU via East Lansing, MAGIC, JAY VINCENT, and a guy named "shoes" that didn't amount to much....but didn't have to to make this the best 3...given those first two.

Detroit 3 nickname: De-Trois. Pronounce "Day-twah" similar to French pronunciation of Detroit but with French "3" at the end.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »
I said this a couple weeks back on another board.  Greg Elliott reminds me some of former Wisconsin player Devin Harris.  Harris was more of a point guard and was a blur with the ball.  Built like Harris and has the same agression on the court.

If he's another Devin Harris, that would be perfect!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
I'm going to hold off on expectations for Elliott, but we may want to temper them a bit when the two most recent comparisons are both guys that were top-5 lottery picks.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
MSU via East Lansing, MAGIC, JAY VINCENT, and a guy named "shoes" that didn't amount to much....but didn't have to to make this the best 3...given those first two.

Detroit 3 nickname: De-Trois. Pronounce "Day-twah" similar to French pronunciation of Detroit but with French "3" at the end.

You mean the one and only Jamie Huffman who was so-named by then broaster Al McGuire when he lost a shoe during an MSU blowout and the rest of his team played 4 on 5 while he tried in vain to put his other shoe on.
Coach Al said Huffman was the secret part of package that brought Magic and Vincent from that Lansing high school. Shoes Huffman became a Spartan legend.l       

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
I'm going to hold off on expectations for Elliott, but we may want to temper them a bit when the two most recent comparisons are both guys that were top-5 lottery picks.

Every recruit is a top five lottery pick until they get on campus at which point most become candidates to be dropped to make room for the next recruit who will be a top five lottery pick until they get on campus........

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »

Good, but.... nah, too much explanation required for it to stick.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
Al the broaster? Never heard that, chicken i presume?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »

Amal will be in the west atrium signing autographs before the game today.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »
Good, but.... nah, too much explanation required for it to stick.

Funny I was thinking the same thing while I was writing it....but committed too many keystrokes to stop... :D

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
You mean the one and only Jamie Huffman who was so-named by then broaster Al McGuire when he lost a shoe during an MSU blowout and the rest of his team played 4 on 5 while he tried in vain to put his other shoe on.
Coach Al said Huffman was the secret part of package that brought Magic and Vincent from that Lansing high school. Shoes Huffman became a Spartan legend.l       

I saw that game on TV....forgot the name, thanks! And forgot it was McGuire! Thanks again. After Magic left Judd gently let Shoes go. But that was his claim to fame besides being magics HS teammate on the state champs team. Vincent went to cross town rival Lansing Eastern.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2017, 12:01:56 AM »
So Michigan State offered Elliott a scholarship on Sunday. It'll be hard to beat out Izzo and MSU for an in-sate kid, but should be interesting to see how this recruitment turns out.

WOJOSWARRIORS77

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2017, 12:06:31 AM »
What are the odds that we land him? Who is all in on him?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2017, 06:59:14 AM »
When will he announce his committment?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:03 AM »
When will he announce his committment?

With any luck, the week of February 19.