[Today at 12:59:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Greg Elliott  (Read 20348 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Greg Elliott
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »
Mu three deep for Elliott today. Wojo,Johnson and Nelson.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Greg Elliott
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
Let's land him.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »
If we land only one more person for 2017 (lets say Greg) does that mean the other scholarship will go to 2018. Because currently we only have 1 scholarship for 2018

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:42:46 PM »
If we land only one more person for 2017 (lets say Greg) does that mean the other scholarship will go to 2018. Because currently we only have 1 scholarship for 2018

Most likely will be saved for grad transfer.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
Is he good?

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:59:42 AM »
Most likely will be saved for grad transfer.
That means we would only have 1 scholarship for 2018 to either land Joey, Race, Ramey or Jarvis

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »
That means we would only have 1 scholarship for 2018 to either land Joey, Race, Ramey or Jarvis

Your math is wrong. Duane and Rowsey will graduate. A grad transfer would be a third graduating senior. That opens three scholarships, one of which goes to Bailey. Could still land Joey and Ramey.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 09:16:03 AM »
Your math is wrong. Duane and Rowsey will graduate. A grad transfer would be a third graduating senior. That opens three scholarships, one of which goes to Bailey. Could still land Joey and Ramey.
You're right my bad

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
Is he good?

Would we be recruiting him if Wojo didn't think so? 

muballbuster

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
Detroit East English boys basketball all business from the start to beat King, 71-57

1 / 20

Complete Box Score »
DETROIT, MICH. -- The Detroit East English Village boys basketball team wanted to make a statement on its home court on Tuesday evening.

After leading from almost start to finish against Detroit Martin Luther King, it is safe to say that the Bulldogs made the statement it wanted with a 71-57 win. Both programs entered the matchup with 7-1 records but King was undefeated in Detroit Public School League play while East English lost its first league game on Friday against Detroit Osborn.

Detroit East English Village senior Greg Elliott and junior David DeJulius talk about the Bulldogs' 71-57 win over Detroit Martin Luther King on Jan. 17, 2017. (Jared Purcell | japurcell@mlive.com)

Now, East English (8-1) is back on top of the league standings.

"We just wanted to (say) that it was a hiccup," Bulldogs senior guard Greg Elliott said of the loss to Osborn. "Everyone is going to have one but we just got it back. It's all good."

Aside from struggling to hit shots in the third quarter, it really was all good for East English. After King took a brief 5-3 lead within the first two minutes of the game, East English never trailed again. Elliott ended up leading the way for the Bulldogs with 27 points and 10 rebounds while junior David DeJulius added 20 points and 7 assists.

After King (7-2) managed to cut East English's lead to 10 points heading into the fourth quarter, Elliott posterized a Detroit King player to send the Bulldogs' home crowd into a frenzy. The dunk sparked 7-0 run for the Bulldogs over the next 90 seconds, with Elliott getting five of the points.

"That sequence, it was time for us to bite down," Elliott said. "Bite down and we've got to pick up ourselves amd get a stop. We had to get two stops first before we could get our offense to settle. After we got our defensive stops, it was just score. Get to the rim and do what I do best: score."

Elliott had also wowed the crowed in the first quarter as well when he was fed an alley-oop from DeJulius, a Michigan commit.

"We know that we've got to be on one page for us to be successful so its a must for us to have a bond (on the court)," DeJulius said. "We're just two unselfish people capable of scoring the ball."

Despite how good Elliott and DeJulius were in the game -- as they've been all season -- it was sophomore Tariq Sheperd who sparked the Bulldogs offense early, scoring 9 of his 11 points in the first quarter.

"They brought it and won the first four minutes," East English coach Juan Rickman said. "That's what we try to focus on, playing the game in four-minute spurts ... Tariq, he had been in a slump shooting the ball lately but he's been putting time in the gym and getting better. We just need him to do the other stuff better and he's been doing it lately.

"He's getting better and he's stepping it up."

King was led by 17 points from Jesse Scarber and 11 points from Antonio Marshall.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:45:56 AM by muballbuster »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

Besides, haven't we learned anything these past many, many years? Scholarships tend to become "available," not just at MU but at just about every D1 school. That's the way the game is played nowadays.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 10:25:25 AM »
Besides, haven't we learned anything these past many, many years? Scholarships tend to become "available," not just at MU but at just about every D1 school. That's the way the game is played nowadays.

Yup, and if Wojo continues to recruit this level of high school talent, we'll likely see more transfers in the years to come.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
If he is willing to come, take him.   MU needs to balance the roster.     Available scholarships will open up.   Accept it as part of college basketball, not a Wojo failing.   The one thing I see missing in his highlight videos is on-ball defense on the perimeter.    I see him blocking shots, but that will not be his role at MU.     Would really like to see if he can stay with quick players.   Having a guard with size who can contain the dribble by himself?    Please.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:35:56 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuMark

• All American

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »
If Elliott chooses Marquette it will be showtime in Milwaukee.Jamal Cain and Greg Elliott.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Elliott plans to visit in February
http://www.freep.com/videos/sports/high-school/2017/01/18/qa-east-english-village-basketball-star-greg-elliott/96713142/

Listed his priorities as playing style and coaching staff. Glad he didn't say playing time because we have a lot of guys at his position. Would like a kid like him to add depth and develop on the bench.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »
Listed his priorities as playing style and coaching staff. Glad he didn't say playing time because we have a lot of guys at his position. Would like a kid like him to add depth and develop on the bench.

I have to imagine Wojo is being straight up with him.  From all reports, Wojo is always very honest with his guys, and guys he recruits.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 03:43:01 PM »
If he is willing to come, take him.   MU needs to balance the roster.     Available scholarships will open up.   Accept it as part of college basketball, not a Wojo failing.   The one thing I see missing in his highlight videos is on-ball defense on the perimeter.    I see him blocking shots, but that will not be his role at MU.     Would really like to see if he can stay with quick players.   Having a guard with size who can contain the dribble by himself?    Please.

i see your point tower, but he may be doing for his team what it needs to win.  i'm hoping that if MU needs good defense on the opposition's quicker players and good ball handling, it would have evaluated these areas independently or figured greg is so talented and such a good athlete that they don't see this as a problem moving forward
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
RS, I am sure he IS doing what his team needs him to do.    6'3 guys who can jump and block shots are important in high school.   Maybe he is the 2nd tallest guys on his team and needs to guard the post.    I get it.    And he certainly can score.    I am concerned that he is not a good on-ball defender.    After this season, I would think everyone should worry about it. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
I have to imagine Wojo is being straight up with him.  From all reports, Wojo is always very honest with his guys, and guys he recruits.

Not if you ask MUFNY.  And he has it first hand from every single player on the roster, who all are great kids with great parents and support systems, so, you know.  Careful what reports you're reading.  The guy is the ultimate deceiver and makes everyone indifferent about basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »
RS, I am sure he IS doing what his team needs him to do.    6'3 guys who can jump and block shots are important in high school.   Maybe he is the 2nd tallest guys on his team and needs to guard the post.    I get it.    And he certainly can score.    I am concerned that he is not a good on-ball defender.    After this season, I would think everyone should worry about it.

well, then there is only one way to resolve this-either on our team or someone else's.  i am going to put this in the hands of the people who's livelihoods depend on evaluating him, but i understand your concern
don't...don't don't don't don't

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:48 PM »
Not if you ask MUFNY.  And he has it first hand from every single player on the roster, who all are great kids with great parents and support systems, so, you know.  Careful what reports you're reading.  The guy is the ultimate deceiver and makes everyone indifferent about basketball.

What is the point of this nonsense?  Make you feel better about you?

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 06:07:34 AM »
Haha. Sounds like a superhuman power.

burger

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 07:28:44 AM »
We lose JJ this year and Duane next year......

So there is plenty of playing time at the 2.....

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »
He seems like a real good offensive player just need him to improve his defense